Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Video Warns Aliens Not To Visit Earth

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,617 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

OH boy gotta smile sometimes at the stuff we stumble over on the world weird web... The Huff Post have a story with a video... I'll give the blurb:

If aliens do exist - and it seems pretty probable at this point - they might want to think twice about coming here. Why? Because let's face it, we're pretty awful. Not only do we kill, maim, mock and annoy each other constantly, we're also responsible for inventing products as mindless as these. We also eat living things, and search relentlessly for new planets to conquer.

We suck, basically.

A new video attempts to make that point to our future galactic neighbours. Directly addressing ET and friends, the clip makes clear that we should be avoided at all costs....

http://www.huffingto...just_reloaded=1

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Yea but we got some good music and food.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,219 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Right, and aliens are just going to up and do whatever we tell them.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#4    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,537 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostMentalcase, on 15 January 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Yea but we got some good music and food.
indeed, I believe the Epsilon Erideaneans find us particularly tasty, preferably BBQ'd.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#5    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,537 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Actually, despite the way that the Huff Post describes it, it's actually rather complimentary in some ways. Although it does go on (needless to say) about how irrational we are and we don't learn to co-operate so we're harming the environment and so on, the conclusion they draw is rather different from the "puny earthlings wouldn't stand a chance against the overwhelming technological superiority of Extraterrestrial races", actually they seem to conclude that we'd probably be able to hold own against the Alien invaders and make them think twice.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,045 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

I thought everyone knew the Earth is on the absolute avoidance list.  Some aliens awhile back landed in Northern Canada and had an encounter with a wolverine.

#7    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,425 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

We mostlikely really are the butt of all intergalatic jokes thru-out the Universe !

This is a Work in Progress!

#8    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,332 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:51 AM

Actually there's a comedy novel from Japan tackling this. Aliens conquer Earth because it's a major production power of entertainments.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,045 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:54 AM

View Postambelamba, on 16 January 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Actually there's a comedy novel from Japan tackling this. Aliens conquer Earth because it's a major production power of entertainments.
I think the earth is protected because it produced Mozart.

#10    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

View Postseeder, on 15 January 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

OH boy gotta smile sometimes at the stuff we stumble over on the world weird web... The Huff Post have a story with a video... I'll give the blurb:

If aliens do exist - and it seems pretty probable at this point - they might want to think twice about coming here. Why? Because let's face it, we're pretty awful. Not only do we kill, maim, mock and annoy each other constantly, we're also responsible for inventing products as mindless as these. We also eat living things, and search relentlessly for new planets to conquer.

We suck, basically.

A new video attempts to make that point to our future galactic neighbours. Directly addressing ET and friends, the clip makes clear that we should be avoided at all costs....

http://www.huffingto...just_reloaded=1

#11    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

I see many say that ET wouldn't be interested in us. I find that very hard to believe. We are an utterly fascinating species. Any species whom uses science, would definitely want to research us. Maybe from a distance or dissect us, who knows? I also think we do have the firepower to defeat an invasion. The reason I say this, is because there would be much more of us and less of them (logically, or I hope lol). Of course they could obliterate our world with a press of a button or mind control or whateverness. Perhaps these ETs don't even know the concept of violence? Maybe they come here and look intimidating and we kill them off only to learn that they could have been good friends and show us a life of happiness.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#12    eularesko

eularesko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

I think that generation Y will make first contact, baby boomers/Generation X,seem hell bent on war.

#13    Grey Area

Grey Area

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Well That video does sum us up.  Although they may as well send this instead to be fair.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No
matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there
first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett.

#14    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,617 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Could someone make it clear to them aliens, that actually, the world isnt full of warmongering people. Its just full of people who want to live their lives, but each country has a power centre/royal family/govt, and its THESE FEW PEOPLE, who decide what the masses will do.

Its these few people who will disagree with other countries behind closed doors, or scheme to take their resources, and then insist the masses do the fighting for them, in the name of patriotism, or conscription...not caring if the men come home to their families or not.  Got that Aliens? The vast majority of us are 'alright' types :tu:  And very peaceful

But touch my girl and I'll flatten you :lol:

Edited by seeder, 16 January 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#15    Xynoplas

Xynoplas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Some aliens are pretty vicious too.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -The Buddha

http://bugsinspace.wordpress.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users