Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'The Americans Lied'

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,198 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Spiegel said:

Last summer, German Chancellor Angela Merkel promised her citizens a pact which would prohibit US spying on German citizens. But since then, Washington has shown little interest in pursuing such a treaty. Now, officials in Germany fear the deal is dead.

Failed talks? Hardly. The negotiations "are continuing," says Germany's foreign intelligence service, the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND). "We are still talking," says the German government. In other words, nothing has yet been decided. The No-Spy deal is still alive.

But the statements coming out of Berlin and Pullach, where the BND is headquartered, reek of forced optimism. Nobody wants it to look as though efforts have been abandoned toward a deal which would see the US agree to swear off spying operations in Germany. Yet despite the assertions, most of those involved are slowly coming to the realization that a surveillance deal between Washington and Berlin isn't likely to become reality. The US government is still digging in its heels.

Read more

I see trouble on the horizon....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,847 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

not forgetting the stink ...

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,763 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

Petty little man in a chair too big for him - this is what happens.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,895 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

POPULAR

View Postand then, on 15 January 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Petty little man in a chair too big for him - this is what happens.
Do you mean you disapprove of the NSA's doing this? I'm pretty sure it was going on long before the current occupant of the Big Chair came to office, and indeed the NSA is pretty much a law unto itself, isn't it, it doesn't take much notice of whoever's name may be currently on the door.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,352 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Very True Colonel.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#6    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

So the NSA continues it's international spying. Ok, great. Where is this all headed? What is the master plan, so to speak? Are they just going to continue their spying, as it is now, for the rest of time?

I'd really like to know when/how this is all going to come to a peak - because it is going to peak at some point. Can anyone speculate on the NSA's end-game here?

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

- Alejandro Jodorowski

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,763 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 15 January 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Do you mean you disapprove of the NSA's doing this? I'm pretty sure it was going on long before the current occupant of the Big Chair came to office, and indeed the NSA is pretty much a law unto itself, isn't it, it doesn't take much notice of whoever's name may be currently on the door.
The NSA is not a separate government.  There are constraints at least I believe there still are.  And I was referring to this man's reaction to anyone "telling" him anything.  HE does the telling - no one else - or so his ego says.  What happened with the spying on allies was another example of a tempest in a teapot.  It has always been this way - it only became an issue when the idiot masses were given a peek behind the curtain.  A real leader would have handled the situation more privately and kept a lower profile.  He has done the same heavy handed in your face with nearly every issue he's handled in 5 years.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

But by all means let's make sure we spend half of the evening news getting to the bottom of a traffic jam in New Jersey.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,198 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 15 January 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

So the NSA continues it's international spying. Ok, great. Where is this all headed? What is the master plan, so to speak? Are they just going to continue their spying, as it is now, for the rest of time?

I'd really like to know when/how this is all going to come to a peak - because it is going to peak at some point. Can anyone speculate on the NSA's end-game here?

I won't speculate on the NSA's end game, but I know this much for sure: If that treaty is not forthcoming (in a controllable manner) there will be a major rift within NATO between the US and most European countries.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#10    S.Tx.Rocker

S.Tx.Rocker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

Does anyone really think just because a paper is signed and hands are shaken that countries are going to stop spying on each other, give me a break. Even allies spy on each other.

#11    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Yeah the end game of all this would be interesting to have a glimpse at.  Maybe not, might be terrifying.

I assume it is all about control-control-control.  Control of the people, control of the resources and control of the money.  Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It doesn't take a huge leap of imagination to see a very-very dark future for humanity based on the movements in the shadows.

I will never understand the lust for ultimate power and supreme wealth...I am just not wired that way.  But oh well....this is prob why I am not a wealthy person nor a predator of other human beings.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#12    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,198 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostS.Tx.Rocker, on 15 January 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Does anyone really think just because a paper is signed and hands are shaken that countries are going to stop spying on each other, give me a break. Even allies spy on each other.

No, there would be safeguards in that treaty (which is why the spooks don't want it). And yes, Allies spy on each other and alliances break because of that. So as long as you don't get caught all is peachy... but if you do get caught you better do something to fix it.

Edited by questionmark, 15 January 2014 - 05:11 PM.

about me

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,855 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

"The Americans"?    When we're in the mirror, can we see how absurd that kind of rhetoric is?   That must be how "the Germans" talk about Obama.   It's just rhetoric, right.  And rhetoric is cheap.  Just don't set policy over it.  Policy is expensive.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#14    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,847 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:47 AM

Nay YAm my man ~ policies are dime a dozen in the hands of two bit politicians ~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#15    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,133 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

The deal they are really working on is having the NSA give them all the info they gain spying on German citizenry so as far as the general public will be concerned negotiations will continue in perpetuity.

Edited by OverSword, 16 January 2014 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users