Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Waldviertel Pyramid

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Deep in the forest between Zwettl and Gross-Gerungs, stands a 7 meter (22 ft) pyramid. The pyramid is made of loosely stacked natural stones, done in a circular layer style like a cake. It is the only known structure of its kind found in central Europe.
Posted Image
The origin and the age of the pyramid are unknown. Some believe it to be a ancient Germanic monument, however this is unlikely as archeological evidence doesn't support this and there was no known prehistoric or early settlement in this area.
More likely is that the pyramid is of a more modern heritage. In 1747, Leopold Christoph founded the masonic lodge in the area at Rosenau Castle. The pyramid may have served as a signaling station for the secret organization. Ruins of walls have been found nearby and it is possible the pyramid was part of a much larger complex.
The strange ivy covered pyramid has been an official monument since 2001.

Posted Image

http://www.atlasobsc...viertel-pyramid

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#2    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,374 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

That's cool.

Farmers in recent centuries would stack field, or make walls with it,Who ever did that had some extra time, or money on their hands.

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#3    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 2,839 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostCaitSith, on 16 January 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

This object does not match any of the geometric characteristics of a pyramid by geometric definition , e.g. quadrangular/triangular base
and triangular side faces. So, this object cannot be subject to any discussion about pyramids.

Edited by toast, 16 January 2014 - 09:37 PM.

"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"Don't kill the golden goose." - Malcolm McLaren -
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -
"Good drivers do have smashed insects on the side windows" - Walter Röhrl -

#4    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I certainly didn't name it, but commend your vigilance and geometric knowledge. Personally I would have called it the Waldviertel Wedding Cake.

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,307 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Looks more like a barrow without the topsoil on it to me.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Maybe it isn't a pyramid, but it certainly is an unexplained mystery.  Way cool, I think.

#7    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 2,839 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostCaitSith, on 16 January 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

I certainly didn't name it, but commend your vigilance and geometric knowledge. Personally I would have called it the Waldviertel Wedding Cake.

I thought the same!!

"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#8    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 2,839 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 16 January 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

Looks more like a barrow without the topsoil on it to me.

Sir, as you are the expert by title, you should know what it constitutes, Sir.

Attached Files

• Attached File  hut.jpg   4.27K   9 downloads

#9    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,337 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Does the 'path' spiral up to the top of the structure? It seems to slope in the picture, but that may only be from a dilapidated state.

I agree with the modernish interpretation of it - perhaps as a feature in a (disappeared) maze construction?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#10    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

I

View PostLeonardo, on 16 January 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Does the 'path' spiral up to the top of the structure? It seems to slope in the picture, but that may only be from a dilapidated state.

I agree with the modernish interpretation of it - perhaps as a feature in a (disappeared) maze construction?
I think it's just collapsed, doesn't appear to have any mortar or anything.

Posted Image

#11    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,968 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

View Posttoast, on 16 January 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

This object does not match any of the geometric characteristics of a pyramid by geometric definition , e.g. quadrangular/triangular base
and triangular side faces. So, this object cannot be subject to any discussion about pyramids.
What it is, is a step-cone.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#12    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,816 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

This is neat. And not much out there about it. I find that interesting in light of the fact that it isn't in the middle of nowhere and easily built within recording of history of the area. I wonder if there are records of this moldering away somewhere?

#13    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

One would expect more to be established on this site, considering it would have needed some sort of review to establish its protected status.

Posted Image

#14    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,148 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

that's what Wikipedia says about it:

"The original purpose of the pyramid is unknown. An interpretation as a Germanic place of worship or ancient tomb is unlikely because there was no prehistoric or early settlement of this area. An interpretation as medieval or more recent signalling station seems debatable.
The elaborate construction seems to indicate a relatively modern design which could have been in an aristocratic situation - possibly part of a baroque garden or park. "

German Wiki gets a little more specific, dating it pre 19th-century, but not very old. Also, they link its origin with the....BA-BA-BA-BAAAAAAAM..... Freemasons.

#15    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

I'm having a tough time being (chronically) astonished with the precision workmanship on this one.

And if that's the result of 'Freemasonry', they should clearly return to masonry that someone pays for.

Edited by lilthor, 17 January 2014 - 04:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users