Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Creepiest SmartPhone App Yet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,290 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

From the article:

Putting the “stalk” in stalker, a new facial recognition app for Smartphones will allow a user to scan a crowd and pinpoint people with profiles on online dating sites or social media sites. NameTag, designed for Android and iOS, scans a person in whom the user is interested and looks for that person on dating sites such as PlentyOfFish, OkCupid, and Match as well as social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
NameTag wirelessly sends the photo that the user has surreptitiously taken of the prospective date to a server, where it is then compared to millions of records. In seconds, a match is returned that has the unwitting victim’s full name, additional photos and all social media profiles.

Read the rest here

#2    littlewallflower

littlewallflower

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• Poetry in the way that the moon finds someone to love every night, even if they do not notice her watching silently from above.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube....h?v=5P_0s1TYpJU

People don't pay attention to what they put out there on the internet.
Creepy.

Posted Image

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"- Edgar Allan Poe

#3    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

I can see how this could get very creepy, very easily. However, if you've ever been to even one dating site, you should be aware of what kind a people are largely making up their user base... creeps. Sometimes technology is not better. I have found that dating, in my experience, is best left AFK. Not that I have time for dating these days.

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users