Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Feasibility of a Secret Society

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,320 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

I was repeatedly told that studying political science (and other things like sociology) will teach you that it's practically impossible to maintain a global secret society.

And a few days ago I accidentally found a site with a list of the 'known' members of Illuminati. When I browsed through the list, one thing came up in my mind.

"Wait...I don't think Illuminati can stay in one piece if all these people are involved..." And I also noticed that many of those alleged members are not the kind of people who can manage anything.

And I noticed another thing. Someone should have pointed this out already. Practically ALL the conspiracy theories with global scales are, without exception, all connected to Abrahamic religions! No matter how much you try, you simply can't touch those conspiracy theories without tackling Book of Revelation at least. Should I point out that conspiracy theories are virtually non-existent or very unpopular outside of Judeo-Christian cultures?

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#2    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

the thing with secret societies is that if you can know about them then they don't exist.

#3    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

^ That's a good point.

For example, you can't call the Bilderberg Group a secret society.
Secretive, yes, but not secret.

#4    ambelamba

ambelamba

• 3,320 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

Do people in here avoid this kind of topic?!

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

#5    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,054 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

ambelamba, on 21 January 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

I'll go back and read, but, what is "this kind of topic" again?

Edit: I've read it a few times now. You got me.

Edited by Likely Guy, 21 January 2014 - 03:51 AM.

#6    ambelamba

ambelamba

• 3,320 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

Uh, OK...

I dealt with two separate issues. I wanted to show how difficult it is to maintain a secret society. And I think I should have mentioned Jim Marrs to show how absurd it can be.

The second issue was about the connection between Judeo-Christian worldview and major conspiracy theories, to question the validity of the conspiracy theories themselves.

#7    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

ambelamba, on 21 January 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

i didn't avoid the topic, i told you what i thought about it
if you can know about it, it's not secret, therefore the secret society does not exist
for you to find a site which contains a member list from a secret society you really have to ask yourself if there is any validity in it whatsoever
how unsecret can you get??
if indeed there are secret societies out there we will never know. Ever. they are Secret afterall.
and i'm totally ok with that because there are enough fringe nonsense topics to talk about as it is.
as for them being tied to religion, again, not of any interest to me because i'm not interested in religion either. as far as i'm concerned it's just become another fringe topic to argue about on the internet,

#8    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 3,647 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

I thought the only way to keep a secret between two people was to make sure the other person was dead. That really doesn't allow for the formation of a society.

#9    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

nah. they don't bother your life anyway.

#10    toyomotor

toyomotor

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

• CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

acute, on 18 January 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

^ That's a good point.

For example, you can't call the Bilderberg Group a secret society.
Secretive, yes, but not secret.

I agree. The very best Secret Societies are the ones we don't know about. But that doesn't alter the fact that the Bilderbergs,Knights of Malta etc exist, they influence world wide decisions, and we don't know what they involve themselves in.

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users