Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Over 250 Bottlenose Dolphins now in The Cove

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#151    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,527 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

View PostYamato, on 19 March 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Vigilante action is sometimes defense, as it obviously is here.  It's arguable that all vigilante justice is defending something.  Justice has an element of defending oneself or others from injustice after all.  

That's ridiculous Yam, they are not the same thing by any means, that is why the English Dictionary states two different descriptions for the words.

What you are presenting is a fallacy. Defense is good, so lets claim vigilante action is defence. Justice has reasoning behind it, you know the bit I mentioned about innocent until proven guilty? And it consults peers, vigilante action takes action before this process is recognised. In this case, the authority being the International Whaling commission, who brought Japans whailing into political focus has told Watson and his band of pirates to bugger off, so it's not even vigilante action, it's trespassing with intent to harm.

But I don't know how you can not understand the act of blocking poachers from doing their job, and you think I'm the "blind" one.   I see a lot of expensive welfare ships being led all over the place and not getting much whaling done.  Effectively saving the lives of whales from your beloved criminal poachers is noble work.

Easy, I can read.

And I read the Wikileaks cable release that I offered you that clearly states that Japan used to take in total what the Sea Shepherd claims to save these days. That is going backwards Yam, and it's pretty simple math.

You "see" what the Whale Wars shows offers you. Not what the real world of reporting, that is where you keep going wrong, and lets face it, you are not going to admit that you have been backing the wrong crowd since day one anymore than the nation of Japan is going to actually bow to a boatload of pirates. Your links consist of nothing more than the Sea Shepherd website, you are biased, and anyone can see too proud to admit you might have been wrong.

If they're as bad as you say they are, why don't you start some effort to arrest Sea Shepherd Australia then?   Why aren't you raging with your hair on fire about Australia?  

Why do you keep making such dumb suggestions? Good God Man! This is like the tenth time you have made some stupid suggestion of me going out and effectively doing what the Sea Shepherd do!! That would make me a hypocrite you realise? That is the job of the police, I have told you I am an electrician. And I sure as hope you do not repair any electrical fault that may happen in your abode do you?

I am not raging, I am meeting your zealous fanboy claims is all, you see it as worse because it is not what you wish to hear. I have pointed out Australias shortcomings in this area more than once. And have stated that our cetacean management is a joke. We still have Dolphins in Captivity and deploy long lines while crying about whales, it's hypocritical, and as such, Australian Politicians are the very LAST people you want advice from on this subject.

Wake up from your delusions man, they're operating exclusively out of Sea Shepherd Australia now as the Antarctic campaign goes.

And that means????

Nothing has stopped these pirates to date, why do you think common sense would suddenly affect this ridiculous organisation?

I think you just need a place to pee in your own cereal here in your perpetual ranting rage because you're so mad about Sea Shepherd yet seem perfectly unable to do anything about them operating out of your own country.  

I think you need to learn how to word yourself better when dealing with people on other counties. You're continually offensive when on the back foot, which is quite often. And you wonder why you get it in return?

Of course I am unable, I am a bloody electrician, when you say things like that, I can only see you as a red necked gun toting pot head. Nobody else would be so backwards as to make such an inane suggestion. You are the one that proposes Vigilante action, not I remember? How often do you go forcing illegal immigrants out of your country? You should shouldnlt you? For the greater good and all that crap you convince yourself with?

"Paul Watson Paul Watson Paul Watson!!"   You will never stop whining will you?   Paul Watson wasn't even in the Antarctic fleet this year.   Who cares about Paul Watson?  The fleet will operate out of Australia again and will come back again and get the job done again.   You can cry about Paul Watson all you want in the meantime, and if I'm here, I'm sure you will.

Who do you want me to acknowledge as leader of that band of Pirates? Obama? You?

The Sea Shepherd is a band of self serving asholes who would not listen to anyone other than their own values. Nothing is going to stop them short of the same action that will stop Japan, and as we can see, that is not as easy as just blocking them with a boat, because every year, more whales die thanks to the Sea Shepherd. And now, the Sea Shepherd only saves that which Japans USED to take in total. That's not moving forwards Yam. Despite your red faced ranting in support of an illegal action, things have not got better they have got worse. If I told you to stop donating you would not, so why would these egotistical asholes listen to commons sense and reason? They never have before.

You speak as though we are dealing with regular people, we are not, we are dealing with misguided self indulging pirates who think they are a world authority. Like the Taliban.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#152    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,527 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

View PostYamato, on 19 March 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Good photoshop here, certainly faking how awesome Sea Shepherd is.

LOL, what you call "awesome" I call "gay".

Nice pretty blue there, maybe a pink one as well next year? Should be plenty of profits from the Whale Wars program to pretty them up for TV.

This photo seems to reveal the damage to the hull below the waterline that the Japanese poachers' tow cables caused.

BS.

Japanese vessels NEVER Ram or harm Sea Shepherd Vessels.

They are conducting "Boat research"

And the SSS Sam Simon makes port safely in Australia once again.  Everybody on board safely back in Australia; nobody on board arrested by Australia.  As usual.  

Because as you stated that Pirate leader Watson was not on board, the article I showed you specifically states the Australian Federal Police have a warrant for Watson's arrest. He is too gutless to face the charges laid against him is all. You can read Yam, why don't you?

Crying on my shoulder and/or screaming in rage about these facts might help if you're an Australian who despises Sea Shepherd.   Be my guest.  What a predicament to have to live with though LOL

Good to see you finally acknowledge that what I have presented is FACT.

Not sure where that leaves your support.

What a thing to live with? Unless I click on these links, it barely enters my mind, The Sea Shepherd's real values are not hard to figure out. Unlike you, I do not bother with Watson's TV shows. I think it would be far worse obsessing enough to pour money into something that lets face it, you do not really understand. Heck, just having to put up with my correction of your claims has been enough to make you look deeper into this subject than you ever have hasn't it? And be honest there. In essence, I taught you more about the situation than the Sea Shepherd ever did, and you know it.

Edited by psyche101, 20 March 2014 - 03:17 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#153    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 March 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

Because as you stated that Pirate leader Watson was not on board, the article I showed you specifically states the Australian Federal Police have a warrant for Watson's arrest. He is too gutless to face the charges laid against him is all. You can read Yam, why don't you?

Good to see you finally acknowledge that what I have presented is FACT.

Not sure where that leaves your support.

What a thing to live with? Unless I click on these links, it barely enters my mind, The Sea Shepherd's real values are not hard to figure out. Unlike you, I do not bother with Watson's TV shows. I think it would be far worse obsessing enough to pour money into something that lets face it, you do not really understand. Heck, just having to put up with my correction of your claims has been enough to make you look deeper into this subject than you ever have hasn't it? And be honest there. In essence, I taught you more about the situation than the Sea Shepherd ever did, and you know it.
Cry all you want. Your country is the one coddling these "terrorists" and you don't do anything about it but yell at me.  Yelling at me doesn't change anything.  Why don't you DO something?  

I'm celebrating success here every year and I think that's why you get so upset.

You have to live with Sea Shepherd Australia operating exclusively out of your country.   Australia!

You've never presented facts here psyche101.  You present propaganda from pro-whaling websites and then try to convince anyone you're anti-whaling.   You don't do anything that's anti-whaling.   Whales can't save themselves.   You're not going to save the life of a single whale sitting on your hands and yapping.

Of course vigilante justice is justice and of course justice defends from injustice.   I didn't say anything was the same thing as something else; that would be foolish but you said that, not me.    It's a fair argument that ALL vigilante justice has the quality of defense by the very nature of justice itself.   If you live in a bubble where justice falls out of the sky you might not understand what I'm talking about because all the systems you're familiar with in life have been designed and put in place for you.

Nevertheless, stopping whale poachers from poaching whales in the Southern Ocean certainly defends them.  That you're so obtuse that you can't even understand that saving a life is defensive in nature is truly baffling.  Maybe you've never saved a life to understand what it means correctly?

Again you're not reading a word I'm saying.  I didn't say that anyone got rammed.  Do you know what tow lines are?   What does that have to do with ramming?  

You seem intelligent in other topics, I have no idea why you go anti-Australian space cadet on this one.  But brother, your blood pressure must be off the charts.

Why should Watson be arrested and not all of Sea Shepherd Australia?  I thought it was the ramming and the harrassing the Japanese and all the other numerous complaints you've piled up in your diatribes?   Your country is complicit in the crimes of Sea Shepherd if they can't even arrest anyone for their actions, now 10 years in a row.   How pathetic of your country, if everything you say is true.  Of course next to nothing you say about this subject is ever true.  You lie so much you probably believe yourself.   No they don't carry arms on board in their fleets.   I don't know where you're getting your BS at.  More pro-whaling sites?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#154    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,527 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

View PostYamato, on 20 March 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

Cry all you want. Your country is the one coddling these "terrorists" and you don't do anything about it but yell at me.  Yelling at me doesn't change anything.  Why don't you DO something?  

My country also allows Scientologists and Anti Vax people to be treated like regular people as well, they are allowed to use escalators and everything - just like any normal regular person. Multiculturalism insists on very liberal acceptance of some rather wild ideals, it's the culture that people like this take advantage of. Not sure what you want me to do about that, most of the time people use it responsibly.

I am not yelling, I am merely correcting the Sea Shepherd nonsense you regurgitate here.  Correction is not yelling. I am not even using capslock. It;s just another personal fantasy of yours Yam.

I'm celebrating success here every year and I think that's why you get so upset.

You are celebrating the wrong thing, it disturbs me that anyone could be so brainwashed by an organisation, but then again, that just might be a personal thing with having trouble admitting when you are wrong.

Mate, you are the one getting upset, I present facts, I only get frustrated when you do not read posts, and answer them with whatever you want to say instead of directly addressing the point raised, and tell you I find that action rude. But I suspect that is a way of covering up your mistakes. I think you just cannot admit it when you are wrong is all.

You have to live with Sea Shepherd Australia operating exclusively out of your country.   Australia!

I know, as I said, we have all sorts of unsavoury clans here because Multiculturalism allows such a wide level of acceptance. And yet, we still do not need guns. I do not have to like it, but overall the benefit outweighs the consequences, and Sea Shepherd Australia is certainly an adverse consequence that we must pay for these liberties with.

That seems to be the major difference here Yam, and further supported by your African post about poachers. You just seem to think you can just kill every problems and shoot your way out of any situation, there are alternatives to killing and violence, but that in turn also illustrates why you would support the Sea Shepherd, they are known violent criminals that operate in areas that skirt the law, which I honestly do not think is something to be proud of. The best people in the field and the authorities call them terrorists and pirates and want them to get lost, what do you have against the larger majority of professionals that do not support Sea Shepherd, but know more about marine ecology than the entire Sea Shepherd contingent across all time doubled up and folded over? Sea Shepherd pirates are not professionals Yam, they are protesters, people like you, with a violent quick fix solution which is not working, but making them stacks of money in the meantime by exploiting the general ignorance of the population with propaganda.

You've never presented facts here psyche101.  You present propaganda from pro-whaling websites and then try to convince anyone you're anti-whaling.   You don't do anything that's anti-whaling.   Whales can't save themselves.   You're not going to save the life of a single whale sitting on your hands and yapping.

You just  contradicted yourself there Yam.

No, I am not going out on a boat and making a fool of myself so some fat Canadian Pirate can reap the profits, I do not see how that helps, and what do you call the WIkileaks release? I see you avoid that? Who will pay my mortgage whilst I go out and increase Watson's profits Yam? You? If you want to fund my family and bills, and the boat, I'll go out and stop Watson, how's that for a deal? You seem to have plenty money lying around if you can donate to a band of pirates.

And I cannot say I have ever seen you make a single post in the plight of the jaguar, the cheetah, the brown bear, the asiatic lion, the giant panda, the siberian tiger, the african wild ass, the Alabama cavefish, the lynx, the aye aye, what about them Yam? Not deserving of your dollars? But then again

No TV shows on those animals is there.

And what's that mean in Yam Land? BOOORING!!!!!! Nobody getting into altercations there for your daily dose of drama is there! You like to see action, adventure, explosions, all that right? So do I, but I know where fantasy lies and stick to Hollywood to provide that entertainment. I do not exploit species (Seals come to mind here) for entertainment. Watson does though, doesn't he, he said so himself.

Watson: “You see, the seal is very easy to exploit as an image. We have posters, we have buttons; we have shirts … all of which portray the head of the baby seal with tears comin out of its eyes. Baby seals are always crying because the salt tears keep their eyes from freezing. But they have this image of ... they are baby animals; they are beautiful. And because of that, coupled with the horror of the sealer hitting them over the head with a club, it is an image which just goes right to the heart of animal lovers all over North America.

Yet somehow, you do not see that as dishonest? Very telling Yam.

Of course vigilante justice is justice and of course justice defends from injustice.   I didn't say anything was the same thing as something else; that would be foolish but you said that, not me. It's a fair argument that ALL vigilante justice has the quality of defense by the very nature of justice itself.   If you live in a bubble where justice falls out of the sky you might not understand what I'm talking about because all the systems you're familiar with in life have been designed and put in place for you.

It's a mindset you need to see someone about Yam, this is a truly disturbing view, you cannot just kill everyone you disagree with.

I grew up on a farm Yam, I would say I have seen more animal life and wildlife than you ever will by the time I was 15.

You seem to have authority issues? You seem to want to BE the authority, and kill everything that disagrees with you. That's not normal Yam. It sure is not here in Oz. If that is what Gun Culture promotes, I am really really happy we did away with guns.

Nevertheless, stopping whale poachers from poaching whales in the Southern Ocean certainly defends them.  That you're so obtuse that you can't even understand that saving a life is defensive in nature is truly baffling.  Maybe you've never saved a life to understand what it means correctly?

The WIkileaks release states very clearly that the numbers the Sea Shepherd claim to save now were Japans total catch before the Sea Shepherd got involved, that's some pretty basic math Yam, what part are you struggling with?

How many lives have you saved Yam? I can't count how many I have during childbirth and with paralysis ticks with regards to animals. I even saved a human life once, caught a little girl that fell from a boat into a swift current in deep water. Caught her before she hit the water. I have give a dog mouth to mouth resuscitation, you? The dog didn't survive, and it tore my heart out, I still get teary eyed about it, thanks for opening up that old wound, you cretin.

If you think giving that crook Watson money is saving lives, you are just kidding yourself and taking the easy out, pretending that you care, when it seem rather obvious from your posting that all you really care about is your TV show. Sitting in your armchair giving some stupid kid your credit card number over the phone is hardly helping Yam, all that does is give you a sense of self satisfaction. Nobody else other than Watson is benefiting from that despite what you tell yourself.

Again you're not reading a word I'm saying.  I didn't say that anyone got rammed.  Do you know what tow lines are?   What does that have to do with ramming?  

You took the "boat research" comment at face value?

Your bitter support has even blinded you to snippets of humour, and yes that was funny, even if I do say so myself.

Maybe you're the one that need to read closer if you missed that one. Broad side of a barn Yam.

You seem intelligent in other topics, I have no idea why you go anti-Australian space cadet on this one.  But brother, your blood pressure must be off the charts.

I am anything but Anti Australian, have you ever visited here? It's rich of you to sit in your chair on the other side of the world an insult me. I could say you are anti american but what would be the point, I would be lying just like you are here for personal satisfaction.

No, my blood pressure is just fine. You can attempt to goad me into sinking to your level, but I am not going to Yam. You are the one defending criminals here. You did upset me about remembering that dog dying though, that sucked big time. Shame on you Yam. Not a very nice person are you.

I listen to people and admit when I am wrong, you can only see reason in other threads because you do not have an adverse stance to that which I propose, yet here, I have well illustrated that your support for the Sea Shepherd is a waste of time effort and money and actually results in more whale death than has ever been seen before, and that the organisation deploys very questionable tactics, all supported with links that prove what I said is true. All you can do is keep referring to the same bunch of pirates you defend. That is a perfect example of bias Yam. Thats is why other sources do not support you and why you cannot produce such. The difference here is you do not like knowing you are wrong, and you will fight tooth and nail to make people think you were right, but the proof is in the numbers, and they are not on your side. More whales die because of Sea Shepherd, and as the WIkileaks release shows, that is fact that you cannot so much as challenge.  If you could be more objective about yourself, you would see I have done nothing in this thread that I do not do in any other thread.

Violence is not the answer Yam, that is a problem, not a solution. Negotiation is a mature and intelligent solution. Killing everything in your path is thug mentality. Japan is taking such great numbers for revenge and you know it. Most Japanese do not even eat whale, from what I hear, it's pretty gross anyway. It's a small band of pirates breaking the law, if they can do it, why not Japan? As long as the Sea Shepherd intervenes, there will be whaling, you have never disagreed that it is a ridiculous to think that Japan is going to bow to a boatload of pirates, because I assume common sense refuses you to take such a leap into the ridiculous. You know that the Sea Shepherd cannot win here, yet you keep funding them to keep going back out and aggravate the situation. That's backwards thinking and shows you only understand violence. Truly, I pity that. I do genuinely find it sad that all you can see is ending life as a solution to everything, it's a dark world you live in Yam.  

But you even seem to think America retaining 450 million in annual catches is worth starving a nation for, and trading whales lives for. That is so cruel and heartless that I do not even know where to begin. If that is what you feel in your heart, then truly you are a lost cause. You would let Japan starve, and then chastise them for stealing food, your ego must challenge the planet in size to think you are so much better than others. An entire nation in fact. You can say you like the Japanese people all you like, but your support for the Sea Shepherd is a completely different story. Wanting to maim and hurt like you do is just two wrongs Yam, no rights. Thats personal revenge, not Vigilante Justice, not decent action in any way conceivable. That is anything but a caring person who actually gives a damn about the planet. It's a very narrow minded view, you only focus on one aspect, and funnily enough, one associated with Violence, which seems to support your second amendment speeches. Gun culture has robbed you of a sense of fairness.

Why should Watson be arrested and not all of Sea Shepherd Australia?  I thought it was the ramming and the harrassing the Japanese and all the other numerous complaints you've piled up in your diatribes?   Your country is complicit in the crimes of Sea Shepherd if they can't even arrest anyone for their actions, now 10 years in a row.   How pathetic of your country, if everything you say is true.  Of course next to nothing you say about this subject is ever true.  You lie so much you probably believe yourself.   No they don't carry arms on board in their fleets.   I don't know where you're getting your BS at.  More pro-whaling sites?

Thats for the authorities to decide, not me, if I had my way, I'd put them on a trial and make them justify themselves, and when they finally realise what damage they have done, then sentence them. Peter Garrett one of the Sea Shepherd outspoken reporters KILLED many Aussies because he did not read the documents properly, the people you tell me to listen to are proven incompetent fools who have even killed people by simply not making themselves aware of the facts. As they have done with Whaling.

If they do not carry arms on board, how did they shoot at the Faroe Islanders, and why has Watson said they do on several occasions to the press, and why did Bethune confirm it as well? Where did the Limpet Mines Watson used to sink the Sierra come from that Watson claimed responsibility for? You know what Yam, Watsons own words say you are fibbing here. Do you even lie about what Watsons says now to save face? And yet you had the gall to call me a liar, and look at what you posted!!!!

1991: Scott Trimmingham, president of Sea Shepherd quits in protest. “We had rules about not
hurting anyone, about not using weapons. I left because those rules and that philosophy seems to
be changing.
” Outside magazine (Sept. 1991). Paul Watson admits there are arms on board “Sea
Shepherd”. “We confront dangerous people. As the captain, it is my responsibility to protect the
lives of my crew ... Therefore, I have prepared myself for the possibility of defending my crew in
a situation that could go never occur, but if it does I will use firearms to first intimidate and then
to defend,” Watson tells the Los Angeles Free Weekly
(April 24, 1992).

Are you calling Scott a liar too? Is Watson lying there? I can't tell, Watson seems to do an awful lot of it.

Disgusting of you to call Australia "Pathetic too" Even if that is only your own personal opinion which does not matter. For that you really do deserve a mouthful, but I won't give you what you seek. That will only give you another opportunity to rant and waste space. But this comment is something you WILL NOT ever be forgiven for. It is disgusting of you Yam. For all your claims about Australia, you sure as heck would not fit in well here. You are just too dumb and violent. We do not require more thugs, we already have biker gangs.

And calling Australia "Pathetic" Makes you a mindless thug with no real debating abilities, you really ought to be ashamed of yourself. Whenever a poster is backed into a corner, we see desperate attempts like this to save face. But you had the audacity to insult a nation.

To say nothing I say about the subject is true also illustrates that you are a pathological liar, and need to use that as a tool when backed into a corner. You know that is a lie as well as anyone Yam, you do not even have the guts to visit the Australian Government Website and look at the maps, let alone make marks on them to support your imagination. And that would be because you KNOW you are wrong. But that is one thing I feel you are incapable of admitting.

Deep-Sea News is a gathering of Marine Biologists, not a Pro Whaling Website, and not a Japanese Whaling website. I have given you the Bios of the men who serve there, and challenged you to correct any information you claimed I had incorrect, to which you responded with silence. What you cannot seem to admit to is the vast majority of professional in this field say that Watson and his band of pirates is a menace, and it eats you up that these are indeed people who would know.

I actually thought you might have had potential until you can across with the pathetic "you lie" line, that's not true, and you know it. It is the losers way out of a debate to make yourself feel better, if that's the best that you can do Yam, then I severally underestimated you and certainly expected a great deal more from you. Despite the thug mentality you display, I had hoped the rare instances of reasoning provide a glimmer of hope for you, but that is fading away fast when you have nothing but lies to spread as an answer about me. If you had information to support you position you would have more than one website to source your argument from, and not have to turn back to Watson, and think repetition = validity. You would actually have countering points with valuable information linked back to websites supporting your position. All you can do is look back at Watson, like some pathetic lost puppy or something. It's sad to witness, and this too illicit's not anger toward you, but pity. I genuinely feel sorry for any person to have such a view blinkered by a want for violence. But that is the mentality the Sea Shepherd preys upon. The days of the wild wild west are long one, you need to grow up and stop playing cowboys and indians mate.

The DSN Mission statement Yam. I suggest you have a read. These people run Rings around the entire Sea Shepherd group. And they do not support Watson's band of pirates.

The DSN Mission

Mission Statement

Demystifying and humanizing science in an open conversation that instills passion, awe, and responsibility for the oceans. (see commentary here by Dr. M)
Core Values
  • Direct from the bench and the trench. We believe in directly communicating science to the public without barriers and intermediaries.  (commentary here by Dr. M)

• Saying things others do not. We will move the conversation forward by providing ocean science content from the obscure to the controversial.

• Reverently irreverent. We will be true to who we are in real life, leveraging humor to keep the science dialogue informal and accessible. (see commentary here from Miriam Goldstein)

• Promoting ocean literacy. We will help the public make informed and responsible decisions regarding the ocean and its resources by interpreting the essential principles and fundamental concepts of ocean science. (see commentary here from Para_Sight)

• Perspective through a plurality of voices. We believe the conversation between the public and science should not be one way. Vision, growth, and intelligent progress can only come through an open conversation that includes all stakeholders. We strive to provide a platform for diverse voices to be heard.

• Awareness through scrutiny, not negativity. We believe that a critical assessment of ongoing ocean issues and science is vital, but that open conversation is hindered by negativity. We will strive to be professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and rational in our evaluation.

• Expanding the culture of ocean science. The ocean and our lives as scientists are part of the larger fabric of human culture. We will highlight areas where the ocean touches our society, and seek to provide a window into our lives both as scientists and a member of the public embedded in ocean culture. We will strive for a future that allows for scientists and the public to be partnering stakeholders in sustaining and preserving our oceans. (see commentary here from Dr. Bik)

• Call to Action. We believe that an open dialogue is just the first step, and seek to turn words into action.
Our vision of the future is
  • a public craving ocean exploration and knowledge,
  • ocean scientists eager to be the guides for both,
  • resulting in a global commitment for protection and restoration of our oceans.
In this,
Deep-Sea News will become a leader of open conversation about ocean science both on and offline. Our five-year goals aim to rejuvenate our blogging core, integrate our social media, and leverage our knowledge and experience to expand into on- and off-line opportunities
Not a pro whaling website Yam, and group of dedicated professionals in this very field, that know more about the situation than the Sea Shepherd ever possibly could. Feel free to check it out, in fact, I strongly suggest it.

Here is a good Deep Sea News Article to start you off LINK - Sea Shepherd, Without A Doubt, Pirates and that article was written by:

Dr. M (1604 Posts)
Craig McClain is the Assistant Director of Science for the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center, created to facilitate research to address fundamental questions in evolutionary science. He has conducted deep-sea research for 11 years and published over 40 papers in the area. He has participated in dozens of expeditions taking him to the Antarctic and the most remote regions of the Pacific and Atlantic. Craig’s research focuses mainly on marine systems and particularly the biology of body size, biodiversity, and energy flow. He focuses often on deep-sea systems as a natural test of the consequences of energy limitation on biological systems. He is the author and chief editor of Deep-Sea News, a popular deep-sea themed blog, rated the number one ocean blog on the web and winner of numerous awards. Craig’s popular writing has been featured in Cosmos, Science Illustrated, American Scientist, Wired, Mental Floss, and the Open Lab: The Best Science Writing on the Web.

Edited by psyche101, 21 March 2014 - 03:08 AM.

#155    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 21 March 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

My country also allows Scientologists and Anti Vax people to be treated like regular people as well, they are allowed to use escalators and everything - just like any normal regular person. Multiculturalism insists on very liberal acceptance of some rather wild ideals, it's the culture that people like this take advantage of. Not sure what you want me to do about that, most of the time people use it responsibly.
If you don't do anything but pass a global moratorium on whaling and invent some whale sanctuaries and other sovereign territories recognized by Australia, then the whaling will continue.  That's been clear now for almost 30 years.  You have to enforce the rules and regulations you make or else nobody will follow them.   What kind of culture or country doesn't enforce its own laws?   A lawless one.   Sea Shepherd has been going down to the Southern Ocean to confront the Japanese for 10 years.   You can have a genuine disagreement about tactics.   But sitting on your hands, railing about Sea Shepherd and appeasing the Japanese while Sea Shepherd is out there saving whales doesn't help the whales.

You are celebrating the wrong thing, it disturbs me that anyone could be so brainwashed by an organisation, but then again, that just might be a personal thing with having trouble admitting when you are wrong.
I'm wrong to celebrate saving the lives of hundreds of whales?

Mate, you are the one getting upset, I present facts, I only get frustrated when you do not read posts, and answer them with whatever you want to say instead of directly addressing the point raised, and tell you I find that action rude. But I suspect that is a way of covering up your mistakes. I think you just cannot admit it when you are wrong is all.
Likewise, you don't recognize the sovereignty that your own country does.   I still think you're still in denial.

I know, as I said, we have all sorts of unsavoury clans here because Multiculturalism allows such a wide level of acceptance. And yet, we still do not need guns. I do not have to like it, but overall the benefit outweighs the consequences, and Sea Shepherd Australia is certainly an adverse consequence that we must pay for these liberties with.
And when you get those photographs or any actual evidence that doesn't source from a pro-whaling website where you're just taking someone's word for it, you let me know.

That seems to be the major difference here Yam, and further supported by your African post about poachers. You just seem to think you can just kill every problems and shoot your way out of any situation
As is relevant here, Australia could send a frigate to escort the whalers out of the Australian Whale Sanctuary. If firing a shot across their bow proved necessary, so be it. That would be another way of actually doing something and it would be sufficient force to drive the Japanese out immediately.  

, there are alternatives to killing and violence,
Yes like the non-violent Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

but that in turn also illustrates why you would support the Sea Shepherd, they are known violent criminals that operate in areas that skirt the law
They've never been violent that is a lie.   Official stated policy for Watson's captains was not to carry arms on board.   I'm not sure if Watson himself has a firearm but so what if he does?   He had a katana because it was on the wall behind his desk in his cabin.

which I honestly do not think is something to be proud of. The best people in the field and the authorities call them terrorists and pirates and want them to get lost, what do you have against the larger majority of professionals that do not support Sea Shepherd, but know more about marine ecology than the entire Sea Shepherd contingent across all time doubled up and folded over? Sea Shepherd pirates are not professionals Yam, they are protesters, people like you, with a violent quick fix solution which is not working, but making them stacks of money in the meantime by exploiting the general ignorance of the population with propaganda.

Sea Shepherd have been 100% non-violent their entire history as far as I know.  They've certainly never killed anyone.

You just  contradicted yourself there Yam.
How so? You're not going to stop whaling by appeasing whalers.   You might as well be whaling yourself.   If Australia was the US and everything about my culture was the same, I would expect the Japanese to be escorted out of our declared sovereign waters.

No, I am not going out on a boat and making a fool of myself so some fat Canadian Pirate can reap the profits, I do not see how that helps, and what do you call the WIkileaks release? I see you avoid that? Who will pay my mortgage whilst I go out and increase Watson's profits Yam? You? If you want to fund my family and bills, and the boat, I'll go out and stop Watson, how's that for a deal? You seem to have plenty money lying around if you can donate to a band of pirates.
What organization does more than Sea Shepherd on just several million a year?   Here we go again talking about Paul Watson.  What evidence do you have for this newest booger, that Paul Watson is committing fraud?

And I cannot say I have ever seen you make a single post in the plight of the jaguar, the cheetah, the brown bear, the asiatic lion, the giant panda, the siberian tiger, the african wild ass, the Alabama cavefish, the lynx, the aye aye, what about them Yam? Not deserving of your dollars? But then again
All large predatory land animals are endangered and deserve natural habitat that can't be infringed upon.  A wildlife sanctuary.  Imagine that.  Could you respect that?   Can you understand and support enforcement of a no-kill policy?  Can you understand military training with British commandos?   What's the difference?

The oceans raised those whales and the Japanese rape the oceans.  Land animals can be bred and raised by humans in zoos and wildlife refuges.   Which is the real difference with whales that matters here.  If the Japanese want to eat whales, they should grow them in whale farms and pay the price it takes to sustain their lives and grow them into adults where they can be studied for science or culled like meat or both.   And we wouldn't need Paul Watson sailing his pirate ship into the Southern Ocean anymore.

Watson: “You see, the seal is very easy to exploit as an image. We have posters, we have buttons; we have shirts … all of which portray the head of the baby seal with tears comin out of its eyes. Baby seals are always crying because the salt tears keep their eyes from freezing. But they have this image of ... they are baby animals; they are beautiful. And because of that, coupled with the horror of the sealer hitting them over the head with a club, it is an image which just goes right to the heart of animal lovers all over North America.
There are commercials on TV for animal shelters in my country that use imagery just like this.  If that's what helps people open their hearts and then their checkbooks, so be it.   It's because he's smart that's why you hate him.

The WIkileaks release states very clearly that the numbers the Sea Shepherd claim to save now were Japans total catch before the Sea Shepherd got involved, that's some pretty basic math Yam, what part are you struggling with?
What math?  The Wikileak that revealed Yamashita stating that Sea Shepherd is the reason Japan wasn't reaching its quota?  

If you think giving that crook Watson money is saving lives, you are just kidding yourself and taking the easy out, pretending that you care, when it seem rather obvious from your posting that all you really care about is your TV show. Sitting in your armchair giving some stupid kid your credit card number over the phone is hardly helping Yam, all that does is give you a sense of self satisfaction. Nobody else other than Watson is benefiting from that despite what you tell yourself.
There is no evidence to believe a word you're saying.   This is crazy talk. Taking you on balance, you sound like a drone of ICRwhale.   That's your only source for information.   Do you have any au websites on Sea Shepherd perhaps?   Aren't you guys a little bit closer and more intimate than getting 100% of your information from a pro-whaling website?

I am anything but Anti Australian, have you ever visited here? It's rich of you to sit in your chair on the other side of the world an insult me. I could say you are anti american but what would be the point, I would be lying just like you are here for personal satisfaction.
So show me some Australian sources of information about Sea Shepherd Australia.  Let me see some AU resources and let's independently substantiate any of a multitude of claims you repeatedly make.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#156    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:03 AM

No, my blood pressure is just fine. You can attempt to goad me into sinking to your level, but I am not going to Yam. You are the one defending criminals here. You did upset me about remembering that dog dying though, that sucked big time. Shame on you Yam. Not a very nice person are you.
If they're criminals, arrest them.   If not, then that's your problem.

I listen to people and admit when I am wrong, you can only see reason in other threads because you do not have an adverse stance to that which I propose, yet here, I have well illustrated that your support for the Sea Shepherd is a waste of time effort and money and actually results in more whale death than has ever been seen before, and that the organisation deploys very questionable tactics, all supported with links that prove what I said is true.
I have no evidence to believe a word you're saying.   Again you can argue tactics.   But the blind denials of reality that even Japan can admit to are frankly bizarre.

All you can do is keep referring to the same bunch of pirates you defend. That is a perfect example of bias Yam. Thats is why other sources do not support you and why you cannot produce such. The difference here is you do not like knowing you are wrong, and you will fight tooth and nail to make people think you were right, but the proof is in the numbers, and they are not on your side. More whales die because of Sea Shepherd, and as the WIkileaks release shows, that is fact that you cannot so much as challenge.  If you could be more objective about yourself, you would see I have done nothing in this thread that I do not do in any other thread.
Which release is that?   This one?   Let's have some context here
http://latimesblogs....a-shepherd.html

Violence is not the answer Yam, that is a problem, not a solution.
Of course it's not, so stop appeasing it.

As long as the Sea Shepherd intervenes, there will be whaling
What are you spinning about?  The closest thing we ever got to no whaling was one year after the global moratorium was passed.  Japan were ramping up their criminal poaching operation for decades until Sea Shepherd started cutting them up.   If the world couldn't find anything else to do about it in 20 years, it's the reason why we need civil society to step in and enforce the law for us.

But you even seem to think America retaining 450 million in annual catches is worth starving a nation for, and trading whales lives for. That is so cruel and heartless that I do not even know where to begin. If that is what you feel in your heart, then truly you are a lost cause. You would let Japan starve
Oh now rich when it was my family's tax dollars reconstructing Japan post war and not yours.   Japan has been the most subsidized nation on the planet.  My family tax dollars invested and built in a nation the size of Florida into becoming the 2nd most powerful economy on the planet.   "I would let Japan starve?"   You have got to be kidding me.

Gun culture has robbed you of a sense of fairness.
So now you're spinning guns into this.  

Thats for the authorities to decide, not me
What your authorities say begins with what you say.

Peter Garrett one of the Sea Shepherd outspoken reporters KILLED many Aussies because he did not read the documents properly, the people you tell me to listen to are proven incompetent fools who have even killed people by simply not making themselves aware of the facts. As they have done with Whaling.
So that's another place it begins with you then.  I'm not involved in your politics and have no interest.  If someone agrees or disagrees with Sea Shepherd, that is on them.  You're making all kinds of connections here that don't fit.  This isnt' a gun issue.  I don't care about politics.  This is about saving lives, not about you and me.

If they do not carry arms on board, how did they shoot at the Faroe Islanders, and why has Watson said they do on several occasions to the press, and why did Bethune confirm it as well?
Bethune brought a bow and arrows on board and Paul Watson used that as part of the reasoning for his termination.  If it wasn't a stated policy, Bethune could have challenged that.  I have no idea what you're talking about shooting at the Faroe Islanders?   Where'd that new stinker come from?  

Where did the Limpet Mines Watson used to sink the Sierra come from that Watson claimed responsibility for?
Arrest someone from the organization at the time and interrogate him.   But you don't.  That is so irresponsible if you actually believe yourself.   It's cognitive dissonance.

1991: Scott Trimmingham, president of Sea Shepherd quits in protest. “We had rules about not
hurting anyone, about not using weapons. I left because those rules and that philosophy seems to
be changing.
” Outside magazine (Sept. 1991). Paul Watson admits there are arms on board “Sea
Shepherd”. “We confront dangerous people. As the captain, it is my responsibility to protect the
lives of my crew ... Therefore, I have prepared myself for the possibility of defending my crew in
a situation that could go never occur, but if it does I will use firearms to first intimidate and then
(April 24, 1992).

I have no problem with Paul Watson having a gun and can't understand why you do either.

Disgusting of you to call Australia "Pathetic too"
20 years of failure is 20 years of failure.   That's on everyone.   We were negotiating and appeasing Japan for 20 years, we tolerated their growing violations continuously, and it didn't work.   How many more decades of not being able to admit failure were you willing to wait?

#157    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,527 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostYamato, on 26 March 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

If you don't do anything but pass a global moratorium on whaling and invent some whale sanctuaries and other sovereign territories recognized by Australia, then the whaling will continue.  That's been clear now for almost 30 years.  You have to enforce the rules and regulations you make or else nobody will follow them.   What kind of culture or country doesn't enforce its own laws?   A lawless one.   Sea Shepherd has been going down to the Southern Ocean to confront the Japanese for 10 years.   You can have a genuine disagreement about tactics.   But sitting on your hands, railing about Sea Shepherd and appeasing the Japanese while Sea Shepherd is out there saving whales doesn't help the whales.

What you do not seem to get is nobody is appeasing the Japanese, I just hate seeing Watson make it all much worse. You show up there they have been on the waters for ten years, the only things is you look at the catch backwards, as Watson portrays it. You do not even seem to be able to understand that many more Whales would be swimming now if Watson and his band of Pirates had never got involved. After Ten Years, the Japanese are still Whaling, honestly, I do not know how to rationally explain it to you, you honestly seem to wish to remain deliberately obtuse with regards to this subject.

Ut is this simple, Sea Shepherd Antics anger Japan and in turn, Japan retaliates by ramping up operations. Watson is just egging on Japan to get bigger and badder, and the bigger and badder they get the better the ratings for his TV show. You know that Watson is not ever going to stop Japan. And you thin the whales that The Sea Shepherd blocks from being taken is somehow a help, it is indeed portrayed that way in TV, but facts say that the Sea Shepherd saves what Japans ENTIRE TAKE used to be before they got involved.

Honestly it is not Rocket Science Yam, what that means is if The Sea Shepherd had not got involved, today Japans Whale catch would be far smaller, and the fleet far smaller. The Fleet has to keep up with the Sea Shepherd so it's just one big p***ing contest and Watson is agitating it. More Whales would be alive today if Watson had become a hairdresser instead.

I'm wrong to celebrate saving the lives of hundreds of whales?

What you are celebrating is a massacre which could be much less if Watson had never existed.

None of it is OK, the thing is The Sea Shepherd makes it worse. Denying that does not help Whales at all. The Sea Shepherds Thug tactics aggravate, they do not assist. You celebrate the Sea Shepherd aggravating a situation that results in more deaths than savings.

Likewise, you don't recognize the sovereignty that your own country does.   I still think you're still in denial.

That is ridiculous Yam. Here you are on the other side of the world telling me about my country again.

If you have an ounce of truth to your claim, as I have told you repeatedly, all you have to do is show me on the Australian Government Website - which I have given you many links to - where these extended imaginary waters are.

That is all you have to do Yam. Not hard for you to prove your point here, but you cannot so your just complain about it endlessly instead.

We have a security problem here too - commonly referred to as "boat people" we can only halt them when they hit the limits of our jurisdiction. We cannot touch them until they hit that 24 mile mark. Why is that? Because that is the limit of our Jurisdiction.

Posted Image

See how that shows us that International Waters go right up to the 12 mile mark?

We can extend that a further 12 miles, if we can PROVE that the threat to Australia concerns customs, fiscal, immigration or sanitary laws. We can go out there and stop illegal fishing - IF we have the go ahead for the ships nations authorities. We cannot just extend it because Watson said so, so with regards to Japan, our limits remain at 12 miles.

No matter what Watson says.

Now here is a link to the Australian Government Website, again, and here is your Chance to prove yourself correct Yam. Go there and show me how the above official map is wrong, and while you are at it, explain why boat people can float right up to within 24 nautical miles of our shores before we can turn them back. Then tell me how a charter falls under some law that extends this right down to Antarctica.

Please provide links, maps and supporting source from the Australian Government.

In the meantime, here is some further reading for you.

The legal situation

Whether Australia can legally stop a boat with asylum seekers travelling to Australia depends on precisely where the vessel is intercepted.
Australia has limited rights over boats sailing in the sea between Australia and Indonesia. Both countries are signatories to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea. Under this convention, the sea is divided into maritime zones.
Australia has jurisdiction over an area 12 nautical miles from the Australian shoreline (including the mainland and territories such as Christmas Island and the Ashmore Reef), which is in effect part of Australia and is known as the 'territorial sea'.
Foreign vessels have the right to 'innocent passage' through the territorial sea. Australia also has rights over a further 12 nautical miles of territory, which makes up the 'contiguous zone', within which Australia can exercise the control necessary to deal with infringement of "customs, fiscal, immigration or sanitary laws" within Australia or its territorial sea.

Where the boats can be boarded

Professor Donald Rothwell of the Australian National University College of Law, one of several legal experts consulted, told Fact Check the Government has a legal right to stop boats with suspected unlawful non-citizens if the boats are within Australia's territorial or contiguous zones, in other words, within 24 nautical miles of Australian shores.
He said Australia can only stop boats located outside these zones in rare situations such as illegal fishing in some areas or a breach of UN resolutions (such as the carrying of weapons of mass destruction) in international waters. It can also stop boats if it has the consent of the flag state of the vessel, in this case Indonesia.
Analysis about Operation Relex in the 2002 SIEV X inquiry noted that while the Navy sent warnings to boats carrying asylum seekers in international waters, they were only stopped when they entered the contiguous zone.

Comparison to United States

During the election campaign, Mr Abbott said in a television interview that the "US Coast Guard turns around boats between America and Cuba".
While Mr Abbott's statement is accurate, the situation is different.
Unlike Australia, the United States is not a signatory to the Convention on the Law of the Sea, so it is not subject to the same legal constraints. In addition, Associate Professor Stephens told Fact Check that the United States is able to take Haitian refugee vessels back to Haiti because it has reached an agreement with Haiti.

LINK

And when you get those photographs or any actual evidence that doesn't source from a pro-whaling website where you're just taking someone's word for it, you let me know.

How did you manage to miss all the links to the Australian Government Website that actually states our real laws? Not like today is the first time I have given you these links is it?

How is Deep Sea News Pro Whaling Yam? It is a collection of the foremost marine biologists from all parts of the world.

You just do not like to hear what they have to say, they does not make one Pro Whaling in any way.

As is relevant here, Australia could send a frigate to escort the whalers out of the Australian Whale Sanctuary. If firing a shot across their bow proved necessary, so be it. That would be another way of actually doing something and it would be sufficient force to drive the Japanese out immediately.  

No they cannot anymore than they can go rock up on the shores of Bali and demand they give Schapelle Corby back.

That would be an act of war.

After the US messed up everything, I do not know why you feel we are responsible to fix it. Just because we are in the same Hemisphere as whaling activities does not make us responsible, nor should we be involved unless Japan crosses the 12 mile mark.

Why don't you try to get the US to reinstate the Global Moratorium? Do you feel 450 million dollars worth of revenue every season is worth the slaughter of whales? WOuld you be happy to give up that extra money if it stopped whaling? I guess I am saying, just how much do you care about Whaling, and how much do you care about Whale Wars the TV show?

Yes like the non-violent Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

What an inaccurate description, your pride has blinded you.

Pride is useless when worn like a weapon. Nobody respects it. For you to keep saying this most ridiculous statement that has been proven wrong is just being pig headed. You cannot prove this, so you just continuously repeat it.

They've never been violent that is a lie.   Official stated policy for Watson's captains was not to carry arms on board.   I'm not sure if Watson himself has a firearm but so what if he does?   He had a katana because it was on the wall behind his desk in his cabin.

He said he has firearm and board, and that he will use them. He used limpet mines. That is not for decoration. Your spin just exposes your bias is all.

Sea Shepherd have been 100% non-violent their entire history as far as I know.  They've certainly never killed anyone.

Yet.

But they have shot people and hurt them.

1991: A US crew member on a Mexican fishing vessel, reports that Sea Shepherd, some of whose crew were armed with rifles, rammed his vessel causing considerable damage.

1993: Paul Watson orders the crew on board the Sea Shepherd vessel “Edward Abbey” (formerly US Navy) to open cannon fire at a Japanese fishing vessel. Sea Shepherd crew do not carry out the order, but instead fire a shot across the bow of the Japanese vessel. The Japanese vessel does not stop. (Recorded by Yorkshire Television Documentary “Defenders of the Wild – Ocean Rider”.)

1986: Sea Shepherd attempts to stop Faroe Islands pilot whale harvest. Using rifles, Sea Shepherd activists shoot at Faroe Islands police in an attempt to sink their rubber dinghies.

It is ridiculous to refer to these actions as non violent. All that exposes is your bias.

How so? You're not going to stop whaling by appeasing whalers.   You might as well be whaling yourself.   If Australia was the US and everything about my culture was the same, I would expect the Japanese to be escorted out of our declared sovereign waters.

Read the above about your Sovereign Waters.

Yes you are going to stop whaling by appeasing whalers, that happened already, it was already a signed deal, until the US turned it's back and withdrew the deal. Japan had agreed and signed that is would hang up it's harpoons for good, until Reagan went back on his word. That is not something to be proud of. Lying never is. Japan wanted to fish there, not whale.

What organization does more than Sea Shepherd on just several million a year?   Here we go again talking about Paul Watson.  What evidence do you have for this newest booger, that Paul Watson is committing fraud?

Watsons own words betray him:

Watson: “You see, the seal is very easy to exploit as an image. We have posters, we have buttons; we have shirts … all of which portray the head of the baby seal with tears coming out of its eyes. Baby seals are always crying because the salt tears keep their eyes from freezing. But they have this image of ... they are baby animals; they are beautiful. And because of that, coupled with the horror of the sealer hitting them over the head with a
club, it is an image which just goes right to the heart of animal lovers all over North America.”

If he was on the level, he could just be honest.

All large predatory land animals are endangered and deserve natural habitat that can't be infringed upon.  A wildlife sanctuary.  Imagine that.  Could you respect that?   Can you understand and support enforcement of a no-kill policy?  Can you understand military training with British commandos?   What's the difference?

The oceans raised those whales and the Japanese rape the oceans.  Land animals can be bred and raised by humans in zoos and wildlife refuges.   Which is the real difference with whales that matters here.  If the Japanese want to eat whales, they should grow them in whale farms and pay the price it takes to sustain their lives and grow them into adults where they can be studied for science or culled like meat or both.   And we wouldn't need Paul Watson sailing his pirate ship into the Southern Ocean anymore.

Or, the US could have just kept it's word. They are to blame for the situation, and harbouring Watson, they are making it worse. Money matters here, not Whales, you should know that better than anyone. The US won't give up that 450 million a year so they try to make Australia the scapegoat in whaling, when it has nothing to do with us.

There are commercials on TV for animal shelters in my country that use imagery just like this.  If that's what helps people open their hearts and then their checkbooks, so be it.   It's because he's smart that's why you hate him.

I do not consider being underhanded or lying smart. Not even for a greater good, I never said Watson was not smart, he can manipulate people very well, he is a smart man to take advantage of a situation like this, brainwash people like you into thinking Australia should be acting on what is really a problem caused by the US, and he reaps huge profits all they way along. Gina Rinehart is smart too, but a vile human being that the globe would be better of without.

I am actually surprised that you would condone underhanded actions like this, I actually and honestly thought you were a better man than that. TV is dishonest, we know that, I expect more from a self designated conservationists - and I say self designated because I think he is anything but a conservationist.

What math?  The Wikileak that revealed Yamashita stating that Sea Shepherd is the reason Japan wasn't reaching its quota?  

The whaling has increased, and Watson is ending chance of negotiation. That is what it says in the link you left. Did not like the one I gave, fine, lets look at yours:

The diplomatic cables, posted on WikiLeaks' secret-sharing website early Monday but dated New Year's Day, show Japanese officials repeatedly told U.S. counterparts that the group's actions were making whaling a political issue and hurting any chance of a compromise on the numbers of whales killed each year. -

And while Watson makes his TV show, more whales die each year. All he saves is what the TOTAL would be if he had never got involved. That would be many more Whales alive today, and the above release supports that statement.

There is no evidence to believe a word you're saying.   This is crazy talk. Taking you on balance, you sound like a drone of ICRwhale.   That's your only source for information.   Do you have any au websites on Sea Shepherd perhaps?   Aren't you guys a little bit closer and more intimate than getting 100% of your information from a pro-whaling website?

You just do not want to hear the truth. That's what the weak minded do when they cannot stand to hear anymore - they put their fingers in their ears, like you are doing right now.

How do you keep missing the most important links? the ones to the Australian Government Website and Deep Sea News, how are they affiliated with the IRC Yam? Can you explain that?

They are not are they? Your are just speaking out your bum aren't you.

So show me some Australian sources of information about Sea Shepherd Australia.  Let me see some AU resources and let's independently substantiate any of a multitude of claims you repeatedly make.

You do not seem to understand that I do not care about hearsay, I do not care about passions, I do not care about vote hungry politicians. You are rich saying this when pretty much every single link you have given has either been a Sea Shepherd link, or a link from the Sea Shepherd Website that shows who they get their rhetoric from.

I gave you links to the Australian Government yet again Yam, and asked you to go there yet again Yam, and asked you to show me where the Australian Law agrees with you Yam. The crap you are peddling is the same garbage people use to sell land on the moon. Have you bought any of that yet as well? Try to remove your passions, and focus on fact, go the the Australian Government Website and vindicate yourself, I double Dog dare you.

Edited by psyche101, 28 March 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#158    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,527 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostYamato, on 26 March 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

If they're criminals, arrest them.   If not, then that's your problem.

I am a police officer? I didn't know that.

But I'll crack a bottle of wine if Watson ever has the guts to face up to the many charges he faces in various countries, howzat?

I have no evidence to believe a word you're saying.   Again you can argue tactics.   But the blind denials of reality that even Japan can admit to are frankly bizarre.

You can look for the evidence Yam. Do I have to hand everything to you on a plate?

What blind denials? Blind denials of Watson's lies about our jurisdiction that you regurgitate without understanding?

Which release is that?   This one?   Let's have some context here
http://latimesblogs....a-shepherd.html

What does your link say, ohh yeah, already quoted it:

The diplomatic cables, posted on WikiLeaks' secret-sharing website early Monday but dated New Year's Day, show Japanese officials repeatedly told U.S. counterparts that the group's actions were making whaling a political issue and hurting any chance of a compromise on the numbers of whales killed each year.

Ohh, but there is more! I have been saying this too, which appears in your link!

The cables are dated before an International Whaling Commission meeting last year that was seen as a major chance to end a decades-long stalemate. They show the U.S. worked with Japan in late 2009 to reach a deal on the issue, calling it an "irritant" in international relations.

and this too!

"Action on the SSCS [Sea Shepherd Conservation Society] would be a major element for Japan in the success of the overall negotiations," a Japanese official said, according to one cable.

Good link Yam :tu: It supports my entire argument.

Of course it's not, so stop appeasing it.

What a bizarre interpretation. You seem to think using mines, shooting at people and ramming boats is non violent, and you think wanting to negotiate is violent. Do you own a dictionary at all?

What are you spinning about?  The closest thing we ever got to no whaling was one year after the global moratorium was passed.  Japan were ramping up their criminal poaching operation for decades until Sea Shepherd started cutting them up.   If the world couldn't find anything else to do about it in 20 years, it's the reason why we need civil society to step in and enforce the law for us.

Look at the link you left. It also states as I did, the the Sea Shepherd is directly responsible for stopping any negotiation with Japan. Making sure whaling not only continues, but increases. That is what the Sea Shepherd is trully responsible for.

No, we do not need Watson, what we need from Watson is to go away, never to be heard of again. That will help the Whaling situation, and you own link says the same thing.

The US could have ended this, but found 450 million a season more important. You KNOW that. You say you do not trust your Government, and yet here you have PROOF of an underhanded action that causes much grief and death, and you do not care at all, you just want scapegoats. The very next time your Government talks about Gun Control, lets remember this hey.

Oh now rich when it was my family's tax dollars reconstructing Japan post war and not yours.   Japan has been the most subsidized nation on the planet.  My family tax dollars invested and built in a nation the size of Florida into becoming the 2nd most powerful economy on the planet.   "I would let Japan starve?"   You have got to be kidding me.

Who blew up Japan?

Do you remember what happened at Hiroshima and Nagasaki at all?

Why do you expect me to pay for that? Need a scapegoat again?

We have our own dark history with the Indigenous of this country to clear up thanks, tidy up your own messes would you? That's the rule here, you f** it you fix it.

So now you're spinning guns into this.  

Yep, what of it. Valid comment.

What your authorities say begins with what you say.

As long as it buys votes right?

So that's another place it begins with you then.  I'm not involved in your politics and have no interest.  If someone agrees or disagrees with Sea Shepherd, that is on them.  You're making all kinds of connections here that don't fit.  This isnt' a gun issue.  I don't care about politics.  This is about saving lives, not about you and me.

Then stop telling me to listen to some lousy backbencher who cannot find his own backside with two hands and a roadmap about what our Jurisdiction is.

Bethune brought a bow and arrows on board and Paul Watson used that as part of the reasoning for his termination.  If it wasn't a stated policy, Bethune could have challenged that.  I have no idea what you're talking about shooting at the Faroe Islanders?   Where'd that new stinker come from?  

Not how Bethune describes it:

“I sacrificed a year of my life to Paul and the SSCS, including five months locked up in a maximum security prison in Japan resulting from actions I took under the captaincy of Paul. He then expelled me from SSCS whilst I was in jail and their treatment of me publicly and privately since then has been a disgrace. The Japanese at least treated me with dignity and respect. Sea Shepherd in contrast has treated me like a used condom, throwing me away once I’d served its purpose.”

What do you mean "where did that come for" I have posted it several times already. You just do not read posts carefully do you, you always seem to miss things.

It has a date, I challenge you to rationalise the use of weapons. It cannot be done honestly.

Here it is again, in full, and dated. Again.

1986: Sea Shepherd attempts to stop Faroe Islands pilot whale harvest. Using rifles, Sea Shepherd activists shoot at Faroe Islands police in an attempt to sink their rubber dinghies. The vessel “Sea Shepherd” was ordered to leave Faroese territorial waters. The police report of 7 October 1986 states: “One of the rubber dinghies was attacked directly by a “Speed Line” line rifle. The attack … endangered the lives of the police crewmembers ... and signal flares containing phosphorous was thrown at the police. At a later stage the Sea Shepherd used “toads” (rotating iron spikes, pointed and sharp at both ends) against the rubber dinghies … petrol was poured over the side of the ship and signal flares were thrown from the “Sea Shepherd” in an attempt to set the petrol on fire.”

And you call that non violent hey? Interesting indeed.

Arrest someone from the organization at the time and interrogate him.   But you don't.  That is so irresponsible if you actually believe yourself.   It's cognitive dissonance.

I do not seem to be able to find my badge, when did I become a police officer?

I do not believe in Vigilant action you know that, surely you would not try to ask me to take such childish and stupid actions? People would get hurt. Surely that is not what you want? Or is it? Does that make good TV?

be changing.
(April 24, 1992).

I have no problem with Paul Watson having a gun and can't understand why you do either.

Ridiculous, and THIS is whay I do not believe people should have guns.

You seem to have purposefully overlooked this part Yam:

I will use firearms to first intimidate and then to defend

Not decoration Yam, he has them to hurt people. That is just a bad person from the inside out. And he thinks he has the right to intimidate others - that is what Pirates do Yam, surely you know that much.

Not only that, but you think he is in Australian Waters. He is not allowed to bring one into the country, guns are illegal here remeber that is breaking our laws as well if you think he is in our waters. And Sea Shepherd does sneak into Australian Ports and dock. Watson has no respect for Australia, he uses us like he used Bethune.

20 years of failure is 20 years of failure.   That's on everyone.   We were negotiating and appeasing Japan for 20 years, we tolerated their growing violations continuously, and it didn't work.   How many more decades of not being able to admit failure were you willing to wait?

Nothing has been tolerated, negotiations have not been engaged and the closest ever come to negotiation ended up an Indian Give. No it is NOT on everyone, it is on the US and their need for 450 million in revenue each season. Money the US might miss out on is what is causing Whales to die. And Watson is profiteering of the situation, and telling people he is helping, and ripping of citizens at the same time.

No, that does not excuse your vile and racist remark against Australia. We are not pathetic, and I think you are a bad person for making that staement. It shows you have no self control. When backed into a corner, you will strike out at anything with anything. And that is the mindset if a vigilante too. Rational thinking is what is required, not violence. And no matter what you say, the Sea Shepherd is a violent organisation.

Edited by psyche101, 28 March 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#159    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

Paul Watson can have a firearm if he wants one, like any other nameless person who captains his own vessel on the high seas can.  You're just blathering a total **** storm about nothing psyche.  All this constipated boulderdash about Sea Shepherd preventing the cessation of whaling is proven for what it is now that the International Court of Justice has ruled against Japan.   The only difference remaining that even matters after this victory is the thousands of whales swimming the oceans today thanks to 10 years of courageous action defending the UN Charter for Nature.   Whatever other meaningless petty p*** and vinegar you're so desperately trying to stir up here, I couldn't care less.

#160    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

"With rifles", my ass.   Like Steve Irwin might have said:  "What a crock!"

psyche, you get 100% of your BS-laden information from the whaling bureau run by the Japanese government and you believe every single stinking word of it, don't you?    You don't even care.   You're just arguing for the sake of argument.   When you figure out how to get some Australian sources for your fabulous nonsense about Sea Shepherd Australia, you let me know.  Until you get your facts straight, sever your umbilical cord with the whaling bureau, and repair your credibility, you're just p***ing in the wind, mate.

#161    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,527 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostYamato, on 01 April 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Paul Watson can have a firearm if he wants one, like any other nameless person who captains his own vessel on the high seas can.  

Change of heart there Yam? What happened to the statement you made in post #153????

Remember? You said this:

No they don't carry arms on board in their fleets.   I don't know where you're getting your BS at.  More pro-whaling sites?

You said they have NO arms on the fleet at all!! So where did you get that information from? Did you make it up?

You're just blathering a total **** storm about nothing psyche.  

No, I am asking you to ask why you stated two different thing, a veiled insult does not cover up the very fact you said two different things here, and I have quoted them. Please explain Yam. Why are you lying on the Sea Shepherds behalf?

All this constipated boulderdash about Sea Shepherd preventing the cessation of whaling is proven for what it is now that the International Court of Justice has ruled against Japan.  

LOL, you get excited easily don't you! Even that bloated self serving pirate Watson does not believe that will end whaling.

The only difference remaining that even matters after this victory is the thousands of whales swimming the oceans today thanks to 10 years of courageous action defending the UN Charter for Nature.  

BS. Capital BS.

The wikileaks release show you that more whales are taken by Japan thanks to the harassment of the Sea Shepherd, as I said, even Watson is not stupid enough to think he actually makes a difference, the release states that the amount of whales saved these days would equal Japan's total count before the Sea Shepherd got involved.

Whatever other meaningless petty p*** and vinegar you're so desperately trying to stir up here, I couldn't care less.

Because you care about The Sea Shepherd and the TV show they produce not whales. I have no doubt that the facts I do present to you do leave a bad taste in your mouth, knowing you offer these pirates money to do no more than stir trouble and make money from TV.

#162    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,527 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

View PostYamato, on 01 April 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

"With rifles", my ass.   Like Steve Irwin might have said:  "What a crock!"

From your link Yam (I suggest you read them before you post them - just a suggestion)

1986: Sea Shepherd attempts to stop Faroe Islands pilot whale harvest. Using rifles, Sea Shepherd activists shoot at Faroe Islands police in an attempt to sink their rubber dinghies. The vessel "Sea Shepherd" was ordered to leave Faroese territorial waters. The police report of October 7th. 1986 states: "One of the rubber dinghies was attacked directly by a "Speed Line" line rifle. The attack ... endangered the lives of the police crewmembers ... and signal flares containing phosphorous was thrown at the police. At a later stage the Sea Shepherd used "toads" (rotating iron spikes, pointed and sharp at both ends) against the rubber dinghies ... petrol was poured over the side of the ship and signal flares were thrown from the "Sea Shepherd" in an attempt to set the petrol on fire."

Seems to be rifles mentioned there. amongst some other dangerous tactics. Why keep lying for Watson Yam? Your own quotes even let you down.

I do not want your ass, even though after that call, it appears I own it. You can keep it, I have no use for it at all. Maybe your mate Watson might be interested, his ass is great for pulling his own facts from!

psyche, you get 100% of your BS-laden information from the whaling bureau run by the Japanese government and you believe every single stinking word of it, don't you?

Please demonstrate how Deep Sea News if affiliated with Japan's whaling industry. It's not, that another lie you just made up on the spot Yam.

I have more faith in Wikileaks than you and the Sea Shepherd tied together and folded over. And Marine Biologists. They are the ones who run the website you fear to visit Yam. Not the Japanese Whalers, have a look yourself and prove your claim.

Here is a Link, please cut and paste that which supports your accusation.

Mission Statement

Demystifying and humanizing science in an open conversation that instills passion, awe, and responsibility for the oceans. (see commentary here by Dr. M)

You don't even care.  

Does that matter if I care or not? What matters is fact, and fact is Whaling is worse thanks to the efforts of the Sea Shepherd. I do not like people lying to me, and you have done much of that in this post in some desperate attempt to save face. Man up Yam. I am arguing fact, not emotions, perhaps that is why Watson took advantage of you so easily?

You're just arguing for the sake of argument.  

Not at all, I keep asking you at answer questions you cannot answer, I would say you only said the above to flame, and hopefully bury your failures. Not going to work though.

When you figure out how to get some Australian sources for your fabulous nonsense about Sea Shepherd Australia, you let me know.  

I have given you the link to the Australian Government website with maps more times than I care to count. If you are too gutless to face that verified source and point out how it possibly supports the extended barriers you made up, feel free anytime, I am always here. The last set of maps I gave you clearly show the 12 mile barrier as the extent of our sovereign powers. I double dog dare you to find me the map from the Australian Government Website that supports your outlandish claims that you copied and pasted from the Sea Shepherd Website.

In fact, that is almost the only source you go to, and any other links seem to stem from there. Saying I only go to Japanese Whaling sites when I have given you links to prove otherwise makes you a hypocrite by definition doesn't it?

Until you get your facts straight, sever your umbilical cord with the whaling bureau, and repair your credibility, you're just p***ing in the wind, mate.

Where are you struggling Yam? Do you have reading disabilities? I am being serious and offering to assist as I cannot fathom how you would come to such an inane conclusion. If you do not need help, and genuinely have convinced yourself of this, could you provide examples? As far as I can tell, you are just mad as hell at finding out that the group you think are doing good, are actually why the situation is as bad as it is, and all you are funding is a TV show.

That Australian Government website is not going anyplace anytime soon, feel free to copy and paste from it to prove your point any time you feel you can do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users