Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Politicians call for return of firing squad

firing squad lethal injections executions pharmaceutical companies death penalty

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 21 January 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

Buts it's environmentally friendly :) you can even reuse the rope :)
And you could even burn the bodies and use their ashes as fertilizer.

#32    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

I am against death penalty and I live in a country where there is no death penalty. I would rather pay tax to feed humans in prisons rather than thinking about how exactly they should be killed. There is possibility Even the worst criminal can change and become a productive person even in jail. My blood frozen reading some of the comments. I am very very glad we dont have death penalty.

Posted Image

#33    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

View Postthyra, on 21 January 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

I am against death penalty and I live in a country where there is no death penalty. I would rather pay tax to feed humans in prisons rather than thinking about how exactly they should be killed. There is possibility Even the worst criminal can change and become a productive person even in jail. My blood frozen reading some of the comments. I am very very glad we dont have death penalty.
i agree whole-heartedly.

#34    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,762 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

If a person slaughters a human being then they have given up the right to live imo.  HOW they are killed is of little importance except that I don't think it should be torture.  On the other hand, life imprisonment is acceptable if it TRULY is for life.  I think most people would consider this to be the more drastic punishment.  I hear the argument that capital punishment does not prevent murder and that just isn't true.  The person who is executed can NEVER kill again and that is the only reason for doing it.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#35    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

View Postand then, on 21 January 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

If a person slaughters a human being then they have given up the right to live imo.

ok but are you absolutely sure they are guilty? that's the problem. Executing innocents. Our justice system is far, far from infallible.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#36    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,285 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

View Postninjadude, on 22 January 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

ok but are you absolutely sure they are guilty? that's the problem. Executing innocents. Our justice system is far, far from infallible.

Every justice system is fallible. That's also why I'm against a quick execution. Since 1973 in the US alone 143 people have been exonerated for their supposed capital crimes after spending many years in prison.

Edit: And since the justice system is fallible, can anyone give an estimate how many innocents were put to death in that time period, or how many are currently awaiting sentence?

Edited by Likely Guy, 22 January 2014 - 02:59 AM.

#37    David-C

David-C

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

Bring on the hangings and put them on Pay Per View.

#38    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,285 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Yeah, blood thirst. That'll solve all the problems.

#39    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,393 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

Iam for firming squad and public hanging if people saw this they will think twice about rapeing and robbing people the rest of America should be like texas

Edited by coolguy, 22 January 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#40    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

No, that never worked! It's been tried, over and over.

And one thing I like the most about the US is its diversity.

#41    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 21 January 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

I am strongly against death penalty as there are better ways to punish. Even if its death penalty its still a murder to execute it.

And in case of someone who killed many, death penalty is not a punishment but a release. Why not make worst offenders, murderers and rapists work in mines or something like that, so they can work instead being an expense for a state. No one should decide if someone should live or die and if someone murder then he should pay but not with his life as he can be used as he did use his victims.
The problem is that you still need to feed them, clean them and because you are working mine, serious health issues start to arise and then you have prisoner strikes etc. its a no go for me

*Edit and also they tend to have shocking abuse cases esp in North Korea and everywhere else labor camps are

Edited by The New Richard Nixon, 23 January 2014 - 09:37 PM.

#42    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

View Postninjadude, on 22 January 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

that's the problem. Executing innocents.

i see bigger problem not executing guilty ones.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#43    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,607 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

View Postninjadude, on 19 January 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

More enlightened states like Illinois have abolished the death penalty.
I have to disagree with this point of view.  Some crimes are so bad that the only suitable punishment is removal from the planet(death being the cheapest and fasting way to do this).  We should not waste any money or resources than necessary to carry out the punishment on these criminals either.  Once found guilty and all of the delay tactics and appeals are over with, they should be executed in the cheapest and fastest way possible.

#44    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostWickian, on 24 January 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

I have to disagree with this point of view.  Some crimes are so bad that the only suitable punishment is removal from the planet(death being the cheapest and fasting way to do this).  We should not waste any money or resources than necessary to carry out the punishment on these criminals either.  Once found guilty and all of the delay tactics and appeals are over with, they should be executed in the cheapest and fastest way possible.
But capital Punishment is much more expensive than imprisonment for life. Study on the costs of capital punishment in Colorado. Especially because of the trial costs.

Edit: Capital punishment in the USA.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 24 January 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#45    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,686 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 24 January 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

But capital Punishment is much more expensive than imprisonment for life. Study on the costs of capital punishment in Colorado. Especially because of the trial costs.

Edit: Capital punishment in the USA.

That's only because of the way we do the death penalty. We use injections and most of the cost are from all the legal crap and appeals involved in a death penalty. Our death penalty is more like okay, we will get to killing you in twenty years and have a court hearing everyone few months(which is were a lot of the cost is).

If we made it more efficient it would be way cheaper

Edited by spartan max2, 24 January 2014 - 02:01 AM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users