Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

Mystery rock appears on Mars rover image

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

NASA's Opportunity rover has spotted a strange rock that seems to have appeared out of nowhere.

The rover had taken a photograph of the ground in front of it earlier this month, yet a second photograph taken a short time later appeared to show a peculiar doughnut-shaped rock in the middle of the frame that hadn't been there earlier.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ars-rover-image

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

I said this on another forum section, the before pic has the same shape in it... as the rock...  in the same place too!

Posted Image

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

I noticed that also.  There's also another rock the same colour just out of frame on the left.

#4    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

• I'll be back....

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

the rock creatures from Apollo 18 comes to mind....

Finally got my black belt....

#5    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

View Postseeder, on 19 January 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

I said this on another forum section, the before pic has the same shape in it... as the rock...  in the same place too!

What does that indicate?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Well it can't be a hoax, didn't Nasa verify it?  Unless they are playing a practical joke.

#7    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostHazzard, on 19 January 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

What does that indicate?

coincidence no doubt..

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#8    HawkLord

HawkLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

• I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

So thats where the rock I threw out of my backyard went. I guess I dont know my own strength. :tsu:

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

I will be interested to keep up with Nasa on this one...

#10    Ralaman

Ralaman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Just some Martian kid poking fun at the stupid earthlings.

#11    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

View Postseeder, on 19 January 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Posted Image
Sorry but you are wrong.
In the first image that is not a rock, its an inprint in a rock, in the other the white rock is in the more to the left and benith it you can see the half of that rock inprint that you described as the same rock.

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#12    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

View Postdiablo_04, on 19 January 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

Sorry but you are wrong.
In the first image that is not a rock, its an inprint in a rock, in the other the white rock is in the more to the left and benith it you can see the half of that rock inprint that you described as the same rock.

Mate that made no sense.  He didn't say the rock was in the first picture, just that there was a shape that looked like it O.o

#13    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

View Postkrypter3, on 19 January 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

Mate that made no sense.  He didn't say the rock was in the first picture, just that there was a shape that looked like it O.o

The point is that he also said that the shape was, and I quote, "in the same place". The obvious fact Diablo was trying to point out because many others have sadly missed it due to... being blind or something, I can't even guess, is that the two are not in the same place. You can still see the carved shape in the rock in the second picture, the rock only covers its top portion and is also slightly to the left.
By the way, what it looks to me is, a bit of metal piece has fallen off the rover when it was passing this same area last time. Why a loose bit would wait with falling off until that point to fall off is of course beyond me. Well it must be naughty Martians then. If it were wind all the other smaller, lighter debris would've been blown away first, but they're all in place, while a larger and heavier object of apparently different material to the surrounding rocks has appeared. Evil Martians, show yourselves!

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#14    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostRolci, on 19 January 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

is that the two are not in the same place.

Erm, yes they are, pretty much anyway

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

http://www.huffingto..._n_4617458.html

Edited by seeder, 19 January 2014 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users