Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Past, Present, Future exist simultaneously?

time future

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

It is suggested, in certain quarters, that the phenomenon we call TIME is illusory.  Furthermore, it is pronounced by residents of those certain quarters, that Past, Present and Future exist simultaneously.  Yet, it is also suggested that the Future is not 'set in stone', as it were.  That the Future is plastic, malleable and precisely indeterminate.  Now, if Past, Present and Future are concurrent, and Future is seen as somewhat indeterminate.  Then, aren't Past and Present also malleable and not 'fixed'?  This line of thought can lead to some startling conclusions.  What is Time?  Speculate freely.  Eschew your petty naysaying wit.

#2    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• Time's up.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

The many world's theory comes to mind...make's sense if you really think about it.

Tempus Edax Rerum

#3    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

people believe that, people have time travelled to and from the future, and back to the past and from the past...back and forth on numerous occasions...
if this is true, then what year are we really in

Posted Image

#4    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• Time's up.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

Well since pope gregory changed the Julian calender in 1582,knowing what is the "Real" date is might be kinda tricky.

http://en.m.wikipedi...gorian_calendar

Tempus Edax Rerum

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,789 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

I have heard it explained that the Creator God is "outside" of time and can see all three simultaneously.  As such, the prophecies we read are events which have already occurred from his POV and thus why a TRUE prophet MUST be accurate 100% of the time.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Wow, that's something awesome to think about :o

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#7    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Here we view time as linear; doesn't mean it is linear.  We're constrained by the 3rd dimension and it's laws.

#8    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,022 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Time is an effect of the ongoing expansion process of the universe. Events in the past, the present and the future do not exist/happen simultaneously for an individual observer. References to events in the past are subject to the laws of Entropy and will vanish and cannot
be observed anymore. The future is always based on past events but just can be observed at a time where this particular future is past already. Strictly speaking, the so called present does not exist and cannot exist as there is no steady state event possible that wasn´t influenced by past events and will not influence future events. So the present is a kind of singularity and subject to Heisenbergs uncertainty principle also, during description.

Edited by toast, 19 January 2014 - 08:49 PM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#9    Border Collie

Border Collie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

• Schrodinger's dog

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Time is not a medium for travel. There is only the eternal present.

#10    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• 1,639 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Was there a time before time itself existed?  Does time have a beginning?  Does it have an end?  Does it even have a middle?  

Maybe time is pure energy that can neither be created nor destroyed.

#11    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,985 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

This is  one of those unanswerable, as of now,  (lol)  questions.    I think there is only now, no matter how brief now is.   Things happen at their own pace and we measure those changes with  "time".

(if the future already exists.. then  everything  that happens, no matter how random,  is predetermined .  I can't accept that...)

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#12    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

perhaps past-present-future do not exist simultaneously for a subjective observer.  For a theoretical OBJECTIVE observer past-present-future may appear to exist simultaneously.  Perhaps the noted accelerating Universal expansion is an artifact of the continually widening sphere of probable/possible futures.  It is suggested that within the framework of a greater Reality, that time and space are illusory... strictures of our material existence.  There is no past-present-future in the spiritual world.

#13    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

is destiny already written?

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, 22 January 2014 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image

#14    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,022 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostSkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 22 January 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

No.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#15    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

View PostSkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 22 January 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

good question... it seems that what one would call 'destiny', is a spectrum of probabilities.  Some suggest that every conceivable probability is indeed actualized in some portion of the causal phenomenon we blithely call the Universe.  Considering a more local chain-of-events... my speculation is that destiny maybe like a coalescing crystal.  The indications of it's forming are there, the conditions are right... an objective observer may be able to forecast it's likely progression.  Is destiny already written?  Only if past-present-future are simultaneous, which would mean that time/space is illusory.  It's fun to think about.

Also tagged with time, future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users