Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

10 reasons Bigfoot probably doesn't exist.


  • Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#1    danbell06

danbell06

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined:22 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

  • BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

10 reasons bigfoot is a myth.

10. The Photographic and Video Evidence is Poor
Perhaps the most damning fact to disprove the existence of Bigfoot is the atrocious quality of evidence that has been presented. The scientific community has only been given hazy eyewitness accounts, extremely vague photographs and films, and a few blatantly hoaxed footprints.
In such pieces of video or photographic “evidence”, the subject is almost always either obscured by tree branches or extremely far away. It raises the question why the person filming the event (and there have been many) doesn’t simply chase the creature, or at least try and get a clearer shot. The famed Patterson-Gimlin video (shown above) is often cited as the clearest image of a potential Bigfoot yet released – and even this is shot from an extreme distance. Sounds convenient, doesn’t it?
Continue reading : http://listverse.com...y-doesnt-exist/

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#2    Neognosis

Neognosis

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,159 posts
  • Joined:12 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:rochester, NY USA

  • Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

I wrote something like this in a post on this site years ago.


Wow... YEARS ago... geez.


#3    danbell06

danbell06

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined:22 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

  • BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

Can you not remember where? Wouldn't mind reading it :D

Edited by danbell06, 20 January 2014 - 12:40 AM.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#4    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,491 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

Couple of things....

I do believe there are reported sightings before 1958...I think the 'bigfoot' name was coined in 58.

Although I don't disagree with most of the rest of the list, the one thing that just keeps me thinking that is 'maybe possible' is the credible accounts from people who have absolutely nothing to gain from it.


#5    Neognosis

Neognosis

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,159 posts
  • Joined:12 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:rochester, NY USA

  • Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Quote

Can you not remember where? Wouldn't mind reading it :D


Sure! Here it is:

http://www.unexplain...803&hl=+bigfoot


#6    keninsc

keninsc

    Poltergeist

  • Validating
  • 3,234 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Yeah, the no sightings before 1958 is bogus, However like Neognostic, I wrote something very similar as well.


#7    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

    Princess of Yang

  • Member
  • 2,591 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Humble, Texas

  • "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

View Postsupervike, on 20 January 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

Couple of things....

I do believe there are reported sightings before 1958...I think the 'bigfoot' name was coined in 58.

Although I don't disagree with most of the rest of the list, the one thing that just keeps me thinking that is 'maybe possible' is the credible accounts from people who have absolutely nothing to gain from it.


I agree that there are some reports from people that have nothing to gain from them. For exmaple, Momo the bigfoot creature that was seen in the late 70's first reported in 1976. And mostly reports from people like the president of America that heard sounds in the woods during one of his many hunting trips that he couldn't explain away. Not saying, I think it real or not I am keeping my mind open to the idea of a undiscovered ceature still living in the woods. There are legends in Native american lore about a bigfoot type creature beening seen by people in their tribes.  



Quote

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#8    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

    Princess of Yang

  • Member
  • 2,591 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Humble, Texas

  • "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

View Postdanbell06, on 19 January 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

10 reasons bigfoot is a myth.

10. The Photographic and Video Evidence is Poor
Perhaps the most damning fact to disprove the existence of Bigfoot is the atrocious quality of evidence that has been presented. The scientific community has only been given hazy eyewitness accounts, extremely vague photographs and films, and a few blatantly hoaxed footprints.
In such pieces of video or photographic “evidence”, the subject is almost always either obscured by tree branches or extremely far away. It raises the question why the person filming the event (and there have been many) doesn’t simply chase the creature, or at least try and get a clearer shot. The famed Patterson-Gimlin video (shown above) is often cited as the clearest image of a potential Bigfoot yet released – and even this is shot from an extreme distance. Sounds convenient, doesn’t it?
Continue reading : http://listverse.com...y-doesnt-exist/


There are reports of Bigfoot being seen before 1958 just saying if your saying something is false get your facts straight.

Edited by Ryinrea, 20 January 2014 - 01:31 AM.

Quote

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#9    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

    Princess of Yang

  • Member
  • 2,591 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Humble, Texas

  • "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

I believe the president that herd those sounds was Teddy Roosevelt if I am not mistaken someone can correct me if i am wrong. Because unlike the link in op I'm able to check my facts.

Edited by Ryinrea, 20 January 2014 - 01:42 AM.

Quote

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,116 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostRyinrea, on 20 January 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:




There are reports of Bigfoot being seen before 1958 just saying if your saying something is false get your facts straight.

But are they really reports of Bigfoot sightings or are they simply giant man tales or some other such folklore that have been bastardized by the Bigfoot community to fit their narrative?  And if they really are Bigfoot sighting reports, is there evidence that they are really historical reports or just modern creations that have been repeated and assumed to be true?

I don't know myself, so I'm simply asking.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#11    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

    Princess of Yang

  • Member
  • 2,591 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Humble, Texas

  • "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

View PostRafterman, on 20 January 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:



But are they really reports of Bigfoot sightings or are they simply giant man tales or some other such folklore that have been bastardized by the Bigfoot community to fit their narrative?  And if they really are Bigfoot sighting reports, is there evidence that they are really historical reports or just modern creations that have been repeated and assumed to be true?

I don't know myself, so I'm simply asking.


I am just saying there were reports of this type of creature in Native American lore not saying I don't think it might have been a bastardized version being brought to us by someone whom related it too bigfoot. Just saying there were reports before 1958 of a creature that matched the Bigfoot creature description.

Edited by Ryinrea, 20 January 2014 - 02:02 AM.

Quote

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#12    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,780 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

View Postsupervike, on 20 January 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

Couple of things....

I do believe there are reported sightings before 1958...I think the 'bigfoot' name was coined in 58.

Although I don't disagree with most of the rest of the list, the one thing that just keeps me thinking that is 'maybe possible' is the credible accounts from people who have absolutely nothing to gain from it.


Can you clarify " credible " ?


View PostRyinrea, on 20 January 2014 - 01:59 AM, said:

I am just saying there were reports of this type of creature in Native American lore not saying I don't think it might have been a bastardized version being brought to us by someone whom related it too bigfoot. Just saying there were reports before 1958 of a creature that matched the Bigfoot creature description.


Please share some credible reports showing this to be fact. ( Native American reports )....Not from Bigfoot sites, or from white men saying " I heard ".....Good luck :)









As for the rest of the comments, it is all the same questions and answers that are plastered all over this site, and other sites, for the last 15 years. Same things over and over and over and over and over......

In the end....No proof, but plenty of evidence and facts that they did not, do not, have not, will not exist. Seems all of the " debunking " gets buried and forgotten, and people just start it all over again hoping it disapeared, or that people forgot about it.

Nothing new here folks, and doubt there ever will be.





Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 20 January 2014 - 03:36 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#13    MrBene

MrBene

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Joined:31 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio Gallegos, Argentina

  • A regular guy

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

I remember a "truly believer" saying that the reason of why we don't have strong evidence or physical evidence is that Bigfoot lives in a different dimension. He convinced me right away. Lol.


#14    keninsc

keninsc

    Poltergeist

  • Validating
  • 3,234 posts
  • Joined:08 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:07 AM

I've heard that one for years myself. Heard they weren't completely in our dimension so shooting one won't kill it. They also have psychic abilities that prevents them from being seen because they can simply make you not see them even when they're standing in front of you. One wonders how someone would know this, I mean if they can't be seen.......how'd you know they were in front of you?

My personal favorite is that they can move through time as well, I think this was linked to them being inter-dimensional.


#15    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 5,310 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

How can we say someone's/cultures/tribes story didn't gain them anything?

What about gaining attention, teaching a lesson, protecting a tribe or child? And dozens of other reasons to "tell tales"? Unrelated to modern gains of fame or money.

What are ancient religions and belief systems composed of?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 20 January 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Bigfoot is definitely in the eye of the beholder!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users