Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Seeing people who aren't there

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

This hasn't happened to me in a while and again it only lasted a few seconds but I knew what I saw. The day was last Saturday and mam was driving us to the supermarket in the next town. I always look on the road and at the cars passing to try spot anyone that we know and in that instance, I recognised the car(make,model,colour and registration plate) of my local bartender coming towards us (we were both driving quite slow). To make sure it was him I looked into their windscreen and it definitely was him down to the black hair and glasses. I was thinking to myself he must of went into town to top up the stock.
That night I went into his bar and told him I saw him coming back from (the town) earlier that day. He said it wasn't him that he hadn't left the bar all day and that his car and keys have been down with (the mechanic) all week! The mechanic by the way looks nothing like him! I felt so confused as I knew for a fact it was him and the car. So what happened there?

#2    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

EternalSeer

• 4,092 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Perhaps a doppelganger, time shift, or a 'image' the person may have been unconsciously sending out.

Edited by AliveInDeath7, 20 January 2014 - 07:45 PM.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#3    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

No idea what happened, but it's always interesting to hear these stories.  Too bad you were not able to identify the license plate number, or some other absolutely singular aspect of the car.  Sometimes, once the conscious mind makes an association, the 'blanks' are filled in, substituting Wish, for fact.  However, i'm not even trying to invalidate your experience!  Roy Orbison was quite a gem!

#4    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Wow thank you both for your fast replies! It's great to get such wonderful theories in a matter of minutes and I partly agree with the doppleganger suggestion although time shift makes more sense to me in that case. May I ask AliveInDeath7, why would he be sending an image out to me? And bendigger0, I did see the licence plate once the car got nearer which makes it all the more strange. He is an honest person so I trust him but completely stumped. Thanks for the compliment-I'm glad I dug that gem up! :)

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,849 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

Maybe he's lying and is in fact having a fling with someone you know but he can't tell you who it is!!!  Yikes!

Am I on Channel 4?  *takes more meds*

#6    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostEldorado, on 20 January 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

Maybe he's lying and is in fact having a fling with someone you know but he can't tell you who it is!!!  Yikes!

Am I on Channel 4?  *takes more meds*
Ha ha Eldorado well that's a new one! :D He did tell me the night I was working there(Friday) that the mechanic has his car keys and to let him know if he drops them in. Well he didn't come in at all. I know that was the day before and anything could change but doesn't make sense he would lie. He gets stock in every two weeks or so, so it wouldn't be unusual. Also his wife cooks upstairs for the bar meals during the day and he couldn't just sneak off when there's a bar to run. Thanks for the laugh though! :D

#7    Regina Ulfa

Regina Ulfa

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Stories of seeing people that look like someone you know is very common. Even weirder are stories of people seeing their family members and loved ones (even those who live in the same house) appear when they were somewhere else at the time. My dad told me that (when I was small it happened) he found my mum in a bit of shock. When he asked her what was wrong, she told him that someone looking exactly like him, with the same clothes even, just went the other way down the street.
There are loads of stories like this.

#8    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostRogue Suga, on 21 January 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Stories of seeing people that look like someone you know is very common. Even weirder are stories of people seeing their family members and loved ones (even those who live in the same house) appear when they were somewhere else at the time. My dad told me that (when I was small it happened) he found my mum in a bit of shock. When he asked her what was wrong, she told him that someone looking exactly like him, with the same clothes even, just went the other way down the street.
There are loads of stories like this.
Really? So its not as uncommon as I thought! Kinda relieved I guess. I know I'm a good judge of character and he doesn't seem to have any bad traits and is honest and loyal. Hmmm

#9    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

I still don't know what to think :(

#10    JasonPollock

JasonPollock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

I haven't had an experience where I've seen someone I know, but when I was younger, I remember pointing out to my parents a person standing down a corridor, only to be told that there was nobody there - I was positive I could see the person though.

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,952 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

See an optometrist.

#12    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Maybe he was lying then :( hate to think he has flaws

#13    Chaldera

Chaldera

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• "Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgements"

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

I remember once, when I was younger, seeing my the back of my best friend just down the street from me. He had the same hair colour, the same clothes, the same manky green coat...he was even walking with a woman who looked just like his mother from the back.
I ended up running up to them and tapping the kid on the back saying my friend's name (David)...the kid and his mum turned round and, whilst they looked similar to my friend and his mum, these two obviously weren't my friend. The creepy thing was that the kid's mum then says "Oh, David, is this one of your friends?"

#14    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostChaldera, on 28 January 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

I remember once, when I was younger, seeing my the back of my best friend just down the street from me. He had the same hair colour, the same clothes, the same manky green coat...he was even walking with a woman who looked just like his mother from the back.
I ended up running up to them and tapping the kid on the back saying my friend's name (David)...the kid and his mum turned round and, whilst they looked similar to my friend and his mum, these two obviously weren't my friend. The creepy thing was that the kid's mum then says "Oh, David, is this one of your friends?"
Wow that is uncanny and you had the guts to go up to them to find out! Well guess you wouldn't of known at the time but that must of been a freaky deaky experience for you and him having the same name! Maybe it WAS your friend from a time warp is that what its called-him from the past. That was a great read anyway, thanks for sharing. It makes you think doesn't it.

I should of said to my mother, 'Follow that car!' And then I would of known for sure. :D

#15    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

Bumping this as it is just after happening AGAIN with the SAME person and car. They were going in the opposite direction as us (away from his bar) and I saw the car and licence plate and him driving. He waved at us as he passed. We had got in home and I had received a text from this person asking for me to come up to the bar to collect something which I thought was weird when I just saw him going away from town. I asked in a text was it him in car and he said he hasn't been in the car all day!!! What in the hell is going on??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users