Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

My EVP spirit findings while I sleep.

ghost sleep evp help spirits

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,599 posts

• “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about and blame it on "paranormal”

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

I have tested it out, My Rating "Some what decent". Now, I could talk all fancy terms and do a very in depth detail but the average member just want the bottom line, So here it is.

Control Test on sound quality ONE:
The first test was quality of sound recording compared to my Sony ICDSX1000.
I used my walk in closet, simply because it has the best sound dampener and I can put a mattress over the door.
The for a cell phone it isn't that great compared to a voice recorder. I sang "Here comes the sun" for four verses while have both activated. My voice recorder did a very clear recording while the App came out slightly distorted.

Control Test on sound quality TWO:
This test was done in my closet with the bed removed and a radio playing in my room on low while I remained quality. The result was the app sound quality of the play back was pretty distorted. This is not good since the APP is not recording at the standard HZ or it's storing the quality at a lower format. Example: When my radio was playing avicii's "Wake me up", When I played it back, I can hear distortion that sounds like you would hear hissing or if you were submerged under water.

Control test on sound quality three:
This test I used two cellphones and my sound recorder, Both are the same brand. First one was placed two inches over my head, the other was on the dresser four feet away. That night i had I went to bed with the flu. The next morning I had uploaded the recordings and then used my Sony Vegas Pro 9. I then put each sound recording over lapping each other to compare the sound quality. The results that the further away, the more distorted the sound quality and i could even make out words but i knew it was distorted.

So from these three tests, I can conclude that the app is either recording the cell phones microphone quality at a lower sound HZ or is storing at a lower sound quality, which corrupts the sound quality (not making it clear). It can also pick up sounds from distances but it is distorted, which means that when at night and every one is quiet, it can pick up sounds from greater distances but not able to hold that sound quality or even make it audible for us to hear.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#17    grantf009

grantf009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• ~El Elyon~

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 22 January 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

great, while you figure out how to upload, I will test this app myself

Sure thing!

#18    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

If you're having trouble getting the audio file from that app to your computer, then how about you use your computer to record the audio coming out of your phone.

It won't be the clearest but at least we will be able to hear these voices you have recorded.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#19    MrBene

MrBene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

I'm waiting for the recordings aswell.

#20    grantf009

grantf009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• ~El Elyon~

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

That must have been a very bad phone.  You can try and disprove me all you want. I'm asking if ANYONE has stuff like this???? If I made a post without evidences, I'm expecting this as well I guess. Now where's the delete button. I'm going to make a new one.

Sure but how do I upload recordings to this site?

#21    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

View Postgrantf009, on 26 January 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

That must have been a very bad phone.  You can try and disprove me all you want. I'm asking if ANYONE has stuff like this???? If I made a post without evidences, I'm expecting this as well I guess. Now where's the delete button. I'm going to make a new one.

Sure but how do I upload recordings to this site?

Upload the file to a public dropbox file or somewhere we can download it. Or maybe upload it as a video to youtube?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#22    grantf009

grantf009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• ~El Elyon~

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

I'll try that.

#23    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 2,599 posts

• “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about and blame it on "paranormal”

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

View Postgrantf009, on 26 January 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

That must have been a very bad phone.  
Iphone 5s.

You can try and disprove me all you want.
I am giving you an alternative explanation, I took the time to test the device and see how well it functioned as an app. For all you knew it could of been a joke app where it would distort sounds on purpose to make ghost noises.... Hmmmm, i need to pattern that idea.

I'm asking if ANYONE has stuff like this????
What stuff, talking to people? Yes, I have, I have explained to you on another thread most likely it is caused by unusual sleeping behaviors and even frame of mind.

If I made a post without evidences, I'm expecting this as well I guess.
Yes, That would be nice.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#24    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Well that's the end of that... I assume.

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

--- from Amarna Sunset, Aidan Dodson.

#25    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 27 January 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Hopefully not :unsure:

My hearing isn't the greatest but i'm pretty good at hearing nothing in EVPs :D

To Brian Topp, awesome work on the control test :tu:

To the OP, hopefully you figure out a way to get the audio uploaded, i believe there is a site called sound cloud or something like that that is specifically designed for audio, maybe another member could point you in the right direction on that one.

People call me JD...and you can too :tu:
Like photography? Have a click...
http://www.flickr.co...otos/lenzfreak/

#26    grantf009

grantf009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• ~El Elyon~

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 27 January 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

It actually isn't. His test was his own. My recording quality on my Galaxy S4 Active is very good in use with it.

I also just learn to ignore the people that try and turn me down, not answering anything I asked and then they think they're all big shots.

#27    grantf009

grantf009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• ~El Elyon~

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostMythical Legend, on 28 January 2014 - 03:47 AM, said:

Hopefully not :unsure:

My hearing isn't the greatest but i'm pretty good at hearing nothing in EVPs :D

To Brian Topp, awesome work on the control test :tu:

To the OP, hopefully you figure out a way to get the audio uploaded, i believe there is a site called sound cloud or something like that that is specifically designed for audio, maybe another member could point you in the right direction on that one.

Again, He used an IPhone 5. I have a Galaxy S4 active, which his test does not prove that all others do not work as well as his test said.
Because since my phone picked up what I have recorded, that would mean my test proves his works very well, and that he is too dumb to hear anything.

#28    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 2,599 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:12 AM

View Postgrantf009, on 29 January 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

Again, He used an IPhone 5. I have a Galaxy S4 active, which his test does not prove that all others do not work as well as his test said.
Because since my phone picked up what I have recorded, that would mean my test proves his works very well, and that he is too dumb to hear anything.

Let me find the specs of your galaxy S4 and compare it to the Iphone 5 HZ.

Once more, please understand I am not saying your proof is "wrong" because we still haven't listen to Sound Recordings, I gave you an alternative explanation through research in controlled situations that I can repeat the same test over and get the same results.

The app stores/save the sound quality in a lower format, That means the raw sound is filtered and distorts and loses the original sound. Imagine you and I are talking about a movie, you get a clear voice. Now imagine the whole time I had talked through a tin can, That what that app does but not at that extreme. You can not blame it on my iphone for the application is doing it. When sound decreases, movement, background noise, even you breathing can make it sound like some one is talking to you.

Now, you said you recorded this at night? Well sound can be heard from greater distances during night called since there isn't much "masking". Masking is other sounds you hear normally during the day, such as people working, cars, plans, birds etc. These sounds mask that are coming further away, making it harder to hear it. At night, Sound will decrease (granted it depends on where you live, like New York City, a city that never sleeps) sound can travel. The best example is when you leave your house at night and you can make out two people talking down the street and it can sound like they are a lot closer.

With this in mind, Sound can be picked up by voice recorders or voice recorder apps. Even with a cheap twenty dollar sound recorder it will pick up the sounds but it could come faint or muffled.

You have to understand what the limitations of the technology you use to help you interpret your results. There was these teenagers, they did a video recording in a park and they stood in a rock tunnel. They told us their results were some one whispering to them, When I replayed their video, their whispers were actually their jackets moving and it did sound like some one said "Wish".

Edited by Brian Topp, 29 January 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#29    MrBene

MrBene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

View Postgrantf009, on 29 January 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

Well, where are the recordings? It doesn't take a genius to get a file from a cellphone change format and upload it to Soundcloud or even upload the file to mediafire or any service like that. I mean come on.

#30    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 2,599 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Grantf009, I did some research and I want to know if you have Noise Reduction and Voice Privacy, If so these two are pretty common to distort/buff out background noises even with the app running.

A couple settings that could be involved are:
Settings>My Device>Call
-Noise Reduction
-Voice Privacy

So far I am having no luck finding the HZ's on the microphone/sound input on the S4

Also tagged with ghost, sleep, evp, help, spirits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users