Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

No fakery on Ghost Adventures?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    samus

samus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Hi,

I am not familiar with the Ghost Adventures series on the Syfy channel but I've found an interview with Bishop James Long, who claim from his point of view ( he is no cast member of the show, does not receive any pay checks) of his participation on GA that the events pictured are authentic and no fakery is involved.

http://beforeitsnews...ts-2463106.html

It's an interesting opinion, from one who participated in one of these shows and I thought it might interest some people here.

Edited by sam_comm, 22 January 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,301 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

He might not be a cast member or receive pay checks, but that doesn't make him immune from lying.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#3    samus

samus

Psychic Spy

• 1,234 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Of course his opinion remains what it is: an opinion. But as for one invited in the show and not on the payroll nor under any contracts, he doesn't seem to have any reason to lie and hide the truth. He won't loose his job for it. Not sure what there is to gain for him in doing so. I may certainly be wrong, just wanted to share the article, as it may give some insights from his perspective of having been there in front of the camera.

Unless there is a conspiracy to mislead the public about the show and gain ratings in the process. ;)

Edited by sam_comm, 22 January 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#4    Duck33

Duck33

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

I got this as my first hit for Ghost Adventures

http://newsjustforyo...d-its-fake.html

And lest we forget the disclaimer for all these paranormal reality shows 'For entertainment purposes'.

#5    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

it's a tv show for gawd sake.

#6    Stubbly_Dooright

Stubbly_Dooright

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 2,976 posts

• ♪♫ Dementia, you're
    driving me crazy! ♫♪
    - Owlcity.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

Granted, I watch the shows and get fascinated by it, but I agree with my daughter that television doesn't give you a chance to see if it's real. Meaning, there is always that chance something could be faked. How can I, the watcher, tell?
Anyways, I do watch both Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures, and what I like and don't like in the shows. One poster here made a good point, it is just a tv show. I do have reservations when they refer that Ghost Adventures is on SYFY. Granted, the article mentioned the Travel Channel where GA is shown, shouldn't the talk about Ghost Hunters since it's the SYFY channel they keep talking about? Showing Zak Baggins pic doesn't ease the confusion either.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
If you wont talk to your cat about catnip......who will?
Introverts unite! But only on the internet.

#7    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

If anyone is up to fooling around on those types of shows, I'd blame the producers or production crew.  They'd want the stars to be completely unaware so their reaction was utterly authentic.  That being said, I do like Ghost Adventures probably the most because of a couple of reasons.  The guys, Nick, Zach & Aaron are a crackup.  And since so many other ghost shows show pretty much the same fare, that twist adds to the entertainment.  Those guys are like the three stoogies.  Zach is like Moe.  Nick like Larry.  Aaron like Curly.

Also their show features "the spirit box" and some of those conversations are eerie.  I've been to Virginia City and experienced some weird things not in the buildings the crew always go to, but instead inside the old schoolhouse/museum sort of on the edge of town.  We were joking about climing over the ropes across the staircase going to the upper stories.  They were blocked to tourists.  As soon as I put my leg over the rope, kind of teasing the people I was with, the upstairs door at the top of the landing started rattling furiously.  There was not a whisper of wind.  It was very hot.  I don't know.  It just was weird.  How I wanted to go up those stairs!  But the people I was with are very conservative, or rather, chicken!

I'd like to see them investigate that building in Virginia City.

#8    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

They travel hundreds of miles to what, Scream that a ghost touched them and then to RUN away every time?

Sounds legit.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#9    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

What's there to fake? They never find anything.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#10    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,049 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

I don't want to say that it's reality television feeding off the gullibility of people who buy the 'evidence' they 'present' to their 'clients' but I am saying that they're making wild assumptions with already two drawn up conclusions: 'it's a g-g-ghost!' or 'there's something (pipe, heater, truck backfiring) that may be causing the problem or it could still be g-g-ghosts!' with the defense of 'draw your own conclusion from the tissue paper thin evidence we have'.

Edited by Hasina, 23 January 2014 - 04:38 AM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#11    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 2,061 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

I like ghost adventures

#12    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,775 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostSSilhouette, on 23 January 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

If anyone is up to fooling around on those types of shows, I'd blame the producers or production crew.  They'd want the stars to be completely unaware so their reaction was utterly authentic.  That being said, I do like Ghost Adventures probably the most because of a couple of reasons.  The guys, Nick, Zach & Aaron are a crackup.  And since so many other ghost shows show pretty much the same fare, that twist adds to the entertainment.  Those guys are like the three stoogies.  Zach is like Moe.  Nick like Larry.  Aaron like Curly.

Also their show features "the spirit box" and some of those conversations are eerie.  I've been to Virginia City and experienced some weird things not in the buildings the crew always go to, but instead inside the old schoolhouse/museum sort of on the edge of town.  We were joking about climing over the ropes across the staircase going to the upper stories.  They were blocked to tourists.  As soon as I put my leg over the rope, kind of teasing the people I was with, the upstairs door at the top of the landing started rattling furiously.  There was not a whisper of wind.  It was very hot.  I don't know.  It just was weird.  How I wanted to go up those stairs!  But the people I was with are very conservative, or rather, chicken!

I'd like to see them investigate that building in Virginia City.

I grew up and spent 42 years of my life in Sparks ( Reno ) Nevada. VC was 20 minutes away. From the age of 16 to 30 we went there all the time. Took back roads 4x4 ing. We went into old mine shafts, and old buildings. We went into the place you mention, and we went into the places Ghost adventures went.

I can assure you 100% we never had a hint of anything happen, and I can say I was there at least 120 times.

But again, we did not have these shows seeding our brains in the 80,s with this crap.

Virginia City....Not haunted.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,093 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

View Postsam_comm, on 22 January 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Of course his opinion remains what it is: an opinion. But as for one invited in the show and not on the payroll nor under any contracts, he doesn't seem to have any reason to lie and hide the truth. He won't loose his job for it. Not sure what there is to gain for him in doing so. I may certainly be wrong, just wanted to share the article, as it may give some insights from his perspective of having been there in front of the camera.

Unless there is a conspiracy to mislead the public about the show and gain ratings in the process. ;)

Except for the fact that he makes his living (a quiet nice one from what I've read) off of the paranormal and thus has a vested interest in saying that the whole thing is legit.

Funny how Ghost Adventurers have never invited James Randi or Penn Jillette to join them for an investigation.

Edited by Rafterman, 23 January 2014 - 03:41 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#14    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostRafterman, on 23 January 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Except for the fact that he makes his living (a quiet nice one from what I've read) off of the paranormal and thus has a vested interest in saying that the whole thing is legit.

Funny how Ghost Adventurers have never invited James Randi or Penn Jillette to join them for an investigation.

There is a common behaviour pattern that has been pointed out by various people. I watched the first season and bits and peices when my wife does and I find the show just full of drama.

A. Any room that has demonic history (more like what ever some one told them, Aaron 7 out of 10 times Aaron gets touched or "attacked" by a ghost.
B. They consider having goose bumps are a clear sign of paranormal, Instead of using common sense approach that they are wearing thin clothes in a cold building. Goose bumps can occur if you are cold, scared, excited, in awe, uphoria and various other emotions.
C. No point of view cameras,  Just like ghost hunters, They always see something off camara.
D. Aaron has a tendancy to repeat what some one said in a dramatic way. I recall a lady said she felt a cold breath on the back of her neck when she walked through a door and Aaron repeated she said in a loud, talking to a toddler type of way with lots of arm movement.,
E. there evidence is flawed, heck during an interview they admited their evidence "can" be but they used the Unknown methods of research claim.
F. All these years and they still flee from what ever they claim to have seen and witnessed. I always feel it was done to be dramàtic tò get ràtings from it's viewers.
G. Their guests with their inventions are questionable, a few series back one guest was caught lying with a "technology" he invented and GA instantly claimed they never surport this guys claims(yet, the episode says other wise).
H.Aaron suffer the shatner syndrome, Aaron always find an excuse to take his shirt off.

The list goes on and on, I could go to lengths of pointing out flawed episodes, flawed acting and flawed evidence but it just get ignored by most here.

Yes coolguy, You can like a show that is fake, I like Duck Dynasty and that is fake as heck.

Edited by Brian Topp, 23 January 2014 - 05:02 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#15    Red Moon

Red Moon

Angry werewolf girl

• 1,989 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I like Ghost Adventures. Zak is really cool :D

Oh ffs... I didn't do it! It wasn't me!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users