Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man 'prevented power cuts through prayer'

eskom prayer power cuts nelson thabo modupe lichtenburg

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

One of the reasons that God exists is to provide our sport events with sufficient lighting so the people can enjoy the show. Having fun is important thing in every religion.

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#17    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,453 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

I feel compelled to comment on how stupid all this is, but I don't want to be snide since there are a lot of people who do believe prayers asking God for favors sometimes work.

I think it stems from a feeling of helplessness and a strong desire to do something, so they resort to the modern equivalent of magic.

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,459 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 23 January 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

I feel compelled to comment on how stupid all this is, but I don't want to be snide since there are a lot of people who do believe prayers asking God for favors sometimes work.

I think it stems from a feeling of helplessness and a strong desire to do something, so they resort to the modern equivalent of magic.
There's a perfectly good "Say Something Obvious" thread right here http://www.unexplain...s

:P

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    Peter B

Peter B

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

I'm reminded of the story of the 6th century Battle of Cúl Dreimhne, in which Saint Columba was credited with helping the Ui Neills to victory over the forces of King Diarmait by decisively outpraying Saint Finnian on the other side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users