Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Near-collision with non-existent object

ufo jet

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Xynoplas

Xynoplas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

http://www.telegraph...er-Reading.html

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -The Buddha

http://bugsinspace.wordpress.com/

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

Non-existent is calling the pilot a liar.  UFO is a fair term to use when you don't know what it is, assuming it's an alien space vehicle is where it gets stupid.

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

How can you collide with an object that doesn't exist?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Good to hear that our commercial A320's can outmaneuver alien technology.

Bad to hear that aliens are such awful pilots that they didn't see an A320 coming at them. I bet it's legal for them to talk on their cell phones!

#5    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

View Postscowl, on 23 January 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Good to hear that our commercial A320's can outmaneuver alien technology.

Bad to hear that aliens are such awful pilots that they didn't see an A320 coming at them. I bet it's legal for them to talk on their cell phones!

Ours come down more than theirs do though.  Also I would sooner have their technology than our pile of primitive highly dangerous junk.

Edited by zoser, 23 January 2014 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,764 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

View Postzoser, on 23 January 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Ours come down more than theirs do though.  Also I would sooner have their technology than our pile of primitive highly dangerous junk.
Maybe...but if it's that good then the only other answer is that they drink and drive...  NOT good in ANY species!  :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Ours come down more than theirs do though.

Do you think maybe that's because we Earthlings fly 80,000 planes every day?

And maybe because they fly 0 flying saucers every day because they don't exist?

#8    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

View Postscowl, on 23 January 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Do you think maybe that's because we Earthlings fly 80,000 planes every day?

And maybe because they fly 0 flying saucers every day because they don't exist?
UFO does not mean flying saucers :alien: ....

#9    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 23 January 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

UFO does not mean flying saucers :alien: ....

If your UFO ain't a flying saucer then I don't care about it!

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Already been posted a while ago... I thought it was a familiar story when I read the pilot felt the need to duck..

Quote from OP

The report states: “(The captain) was under the apprehension that they were on collision course with no time to react. His immediate reaction was to duck to the right and reach over to alert the FO (First Officer); there was no time to talk to alert him.”

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Poor pilot can't tell the difference between a weather balloon and a UFO?

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Found the old thread too

http://www.unexplain...irbus ufo&st=0

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,179 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

there are more of ours in the sky.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#14    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Also I would sooner have their technology than our pile of primitive highly dangerous junk.

So you'll be turning down the hip replacement surgery you may inevitably need, or a heart/lung/kidney transplant? Or dialysis? Or the many live saving drugs you may well one day need?

fair enough

#15    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 23 January 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

Poor pilot can't tell the difference between a weather balloon and a UFO?

Holy crap

You're not honestly suggesting it was an aliens spaceship are you?

Good God man, is anything not an alien spaceship?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users