Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

Battle of L.A. ~another UFO hoax

ufo battle of l.a.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#1    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

Most people now realize this was a promotional stunt for a sci-movie.

#2    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,903 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

No, actually they don't. Do you have a link for that?

#3    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 24 January 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:

Most people now realize this was a promotional stunt for a sci-movie.

Huh?  Wait a minute.  This was a promo for a sci fi movie?  After the War of the Worlds scare in 1938, the military is going to call a citywide blackout and fire all that ammo at a target for a movie and during a major war??

#4    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 24 January 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

Just kidding... i know it was real... but saying it's a real event doesn't get much traction here.  I just like to discuss these things... keep a dialog open.  Lot of rabid nay-sayers here, and folks that just like to argue...  So, if i say it's a hoax, maybe the contrarians will insist it's a factual case?  thanks for checking it out.  It's one of the great UFO cases.  And there's SO MANY... but not one word from Government.

#5    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostMantis914, on 24 January 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

Huh?  Wait a minute.  This was a promo for a sci fi movie?  After the War of the Worlds scare in 1938, the military is going to call a citywide blackout and fire all that ammo at a target for a movie and during a major war??
i agree with you... just trying to 'head-off' the naysayer skeptics at the pass.

#6    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,490 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 24 January 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

i agree with you... just trying to 'head-off' the naysayer skeptics at the pass.

All the horrible skeptics and naysayers discussed this event for about two months on the Best evidence threads. Maybe you should do a serch and read pages and pages of stuff we wrote about the events. Is there something you'd like to add?

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#7    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:40 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 24 January 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

So you post a false opinion to try and get a leg up on those dirty filthy skeptics?

Why?

Wouldn't it be better to offer the merits of the actual evidence and procede from there? Or are you afraid that the case might draw too much scrutiny and ruin any ETH circle jerk you had planned?

Honestly, I've seen you shy away from any actual discussion in favor of some sort of ETH confirmation from fellow believers. 'Yay, we figured it all out without those damned skeptics and their twice-damned facts!'

If that's all you're interested in I doubt you are going to have much success here.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#8    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:40 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 24 January 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

All the horrible skeptics and naysayers discussed this event for about two months on the Best evidence threads. Maybe you should do a serch and read pages and pages of stuff we wrote about the events. Is there something you'd like to add?
Maybe there's some new people that would like to make new comments?  Though i'm sure the "pages and pages of stuff you wrote" are absolutely riveting.

#9    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 24 January 2014 - 03:40 AM, said:

So you post a false opinion to try and get a leg up on those dirty filthy skeptics?

Why?

Wouldn't it be better to offer the merits of the actual evidence and procede from there? Or are you afraid that the case might draw too much scrutiny and ruin any ETH circle jerk you had planned?

Honestly, I've seen you shy away from any actual discussion in favor of some sort of ETH confirmation from fellow believers. 'Yay, we figured it all out without those damned skeptics and their twice-damned facts!'

If that's all you're interested in I doubt you are going to have much success here.
Ignored.

#10    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 24 January 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

Ignored.

If underhanded tactics and a condescending attitude are all you can bring to the table then you're doing me a favor.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#11    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,088 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 24 January 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

Ignored.
Pro tip:  Responding to a post to say that you're ignoring it is the opposite of actually ignoring it.  Ignoring posts involves ignoring them (i.e. not responding to them or acknowledging them).

Edited by JesseCuster, 24 January 2014 - 03:50 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#12    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 24 January 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

Pro tip:  Responding to a post to say that you're ignoring it is the opposite of actually ignoring it.  Ignoring posts involves ignoring them (i.e. not responding to them or acknowledging them).
Glad you could clear that up for me Jesse

#13    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,903 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 24 January 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Just kidding... i know it was real... but saying it's a real event doesn't get much traction here.  I just like to discuss these things... keep a dialog open.  Lot of rabid nay-sayers here, and folks that just like to argue...  So, if i say it's a hoax, maybe the contrarians will insist it's a factual case?  thanks for checking it out.  It's one of the great UFO cases.  And there's SO MANY... but not one word from Government.

I've gathered that you have a huge "mad on" for skeptics, but that tactic is simply duplicitous bevahiour and in an open discussion forum, cannot be condoned.

Edit: The so called 'Battle of LA' incident is also hardly "one of the great UFO cases". I think that you've done a great disservice to yourself here.

Edited by Likely Guy, 24 January 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#14    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 24 January 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

I've gathered that you have a huge "mad on" for skeptics, but that tactic is simply duplicitous bevahiour and in an open discussion forum, cannot be condoned.
Cool... i can deal with not being 'condoned'

#15    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,770 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 24 January 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

don't feed it.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Also tagged with ufo, battle of l.a.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users