Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Astronaut Gordon Cooper

ufo gordon cooper kooks disclosure

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Well, poor Gordon Cooper has gone 'round the bend...  he saw something and THOUGHT it was a "flying saucer" haha

#2    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,804 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

I hear ya Gordey ! THey dont have to believe !

This is a Work in Progress!

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,779 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

Just because he's an astronaut doesn't make him any better a witness then anyone else when witnessing the unexplained.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,925 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

Oh great! So Ben, you're going to spam this forum with numerous threads that all essentially say the same thing?

#5    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 24 January 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

Oh great! So Ben, you're going to spam this forum with numerous threads that all essentially say the same thing?
No... i would never talk about UFO's or ExtraTerrestrials in the UFO and ExtraTerrestrials forum.

#6    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,174 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 24 January 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

Well, poor Gordon Cooper has gone 'round the bend...  he saw something and THOUGHT it was a "flying saucer" haha

bendigger0,

Please quit the childish behaviour. There is nothing wrong in being a sceptic or a believer, however do so in a mature manner.

Name calling more suitable for a kindergarten playground is not acceptable. From the rules:

3d. Trolling: We have zero tolerance for trolling on the forums. We define 'trolling' as the act of posting intentionally false, controversial or offensive comments designed to start arguments or to provoke, bait or annoy other members.
3l. Defamation: Do not use this site or its services to attack, promote hatred towards or otherwise defame other web sites, forums, groups or individuals.

Edited to add:
Topic title changed to remove insult.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 24 January 2014 - 05:15 AM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

Gordon Cooper was a disgruntled ex employee who felt he had drawn the short straw with his previous employer, that being NASA.

Not like a disgruntled ex employee to make waves is it.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Here we go, using bendigger0's approach - here's a link completely rebutting that pitiful video he posted.  It's penned by James Oberg, who hangs out hereabouts at times and may wish to give a more in depth analysis..

http://www.zipworld....ith/cooper.html

Unlike ben, who clearly doesn't think his opinion is worth posting, instead only being able to post links, I'll make a comment or two on that link:
The contradictions and odd reversals in Cooper's statements over the years are .. well, a little strange - which stories should we believe?  In Omni magazine, he states:

"To my knowledge, the only astronaut on any of the Mercury, Gemini, or Apollo missions who ever saw anything that might have been a UFO was Jim McDivitt, but he didn't get enough pictures to prove anything substantial. That's the only case, in spite of all the stories you hear"
Many of Coopers recollections and stories have been investigated, and well.. read the link (and not just the first page or so..)

Suffice to say that there is no supporting evidence to the claims that have been made (mostly by UFO promoters and authors on Cooper's behalf, it seems..).  Which puts this right up there with the 'best' that bendigger has supplied in all this frantic posting...  no evidence, just beaten up stories.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostChrLzs, on 24 January 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Here we go, using bendigger0's approach - here's a link completely rebutting that pitiful video he posted.  It's penned by James Oberg, who hangs out hereabouts at times and may wish to give a more in depth analysis..

http://www.zipworld....ith/cooper.html

Unlike ben, who clearly doesn't think his opinion is worth posting, instead only being able to post links, I'll make a comment or two on that link:
The contradictions and odd reversals in Cooper's statements over the years are .. well, a little strange - which stories should we believe?  In Omni magazine, he states:

Many of Coopers recollections and stories have been investigated, and well.. read the link (and not just the first page or so..)

Suffice to say that there is no supporting evidence to the claims that have been made (mostly by UFO promoters and authors on Cooper's behalf, it seems..).  Which puts this right up there with the 'best' that bendigger has supplied in all this frantic posting...  no evidence, just beaten up stories.

Ah - Chrlzs... bendigger has already made his views on Jim O quite clear...

post 110 here  http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260997&st=105

states:

"I believe it(Neil Armstrong, and other astronauts encountering extra-terrestrial life on the moon) because i also believe that "flying saucers" are a hardware reality existing in our atmosphere.  It seems quite likely to me that "they" are/have been also on the moon. I don't trust Jim Oberg at all.  A myth?  You and many other highly educated, insightful, fully cogent individuals believe so.  I don't".

Which strikes me as odd as Ive never seen him debate Jim, not under the name bendigger anyway...

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#10    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

View Postseeder, on 24 January 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

...not under the name bendigger anyway...
So you've noticed too, huh..?  :D

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#11    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Digging through my really old files continues to uncover pearls and nuggets whose significance I hadn't understood at the time. There's this item from my logbook, from several years before I was motivated to investigate the stories:

Cooper's original Germany 'UFO story' -- Weather balloons
March 5, 1976: Acuff [Jack Acuff, NICAP Director] tells me: "I talked to Cooper several years ago. He is into weird stuff, but he said he hadn't seen any UFOs on his space flights.... he did talk about a UFO in Germany that he chased and then decided was a weather balloon."

http://www.jamesober...ooper-acuff.jpg

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 24 January 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Digging through my really old files continues to uncover pearls and nuggets whose significance I hadn't understood at the time. There's this item from my logbook, from several years before I was motivated to investigate the stories:

Cooper's original Germany 'UFO story' -- Weather balloons
March 5, 1976: Acuff [Jack Acuff, NICAP Director] tells me: "I talked to Cooper several years ago. He is into weird stuff, but he said he hadn't seen any UFOs on his space flights.... he did talk about a UFO in Germany that he chased and then decided was a weather balloon."

http://www.jamesober...ooper-acuff.jpg

You know how it works by now Jim, you come up with the goods, burst some bubbles with some interesting takes on the believers versions of past events,  and then 'some' members will dismiss you out of hand, mores the pity...

Theres none so blind as those who will not see!  I for one appreciate all your inputs  :tu:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#13    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

The worst part is the wasted energies, since I think i've made it clear that I believe there ARE worthy mysteries awaiting diligent, dogged investigation by talented amateurs outside the 'establishment' and 'conventional wisdom'.

Here's a recent essay of mine on such scientific revolutions that blind-sided the "smart" guys:

http://www.jamesober...es-FOREWORD.pdf

#14    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,804 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

prologue is IT Jim ! Good text I say ! :tu:  We are on the verge of something Grand to discover I feel. Its not messing up our world so we can learn to understand all we will get to see before then !
justDONTEATUS

This is a Work in Progress!

Also tagged with ufo, gordon cooper, kooks, disclosure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users