Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Hand guns should be legalised and licensed

hand guns nigel farage legalised licensed dunblane

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,096 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

The Ukip leader has said it is party policy for hand guns to be legalised and licensed in the UK despite being banned in the UK for the last 18 years.

Mr Farage said the current ban on the guns, which were made illegal following the school shooting at Dunblane in 1996, was "ludicrous."

http://www.telegraph...e-has-said.html

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Would like to know who has given him a big backhander to say this?
We do not have a problem here and allowing guns would create one. We are not America and do not want to get into the same scenario as them. America have had guns for many years and a large % of the generation has been brought up around them. The thought of people being allowed to have a gun here when they have never had them before or have never been brought up in a household with them, is frightening.
Our only problem here is gangs, they are being tackled and quite frankly, if they kill each other before the police stop them, then so be it.
Innocent people have been killed here because of gangs with guns, the last thing we want here is everyone to own one.
We only need to tackle some gangs with guns and they are not a major problem all over England, but allowing guns here would crrate one.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

No no, freetoroam, you got that wrong. If every woman would have a gun, there would be no more rape. At least that's what I've learned on this board. :whistle:

#4    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,105 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

England banned guns and didn't lose all their freedoms and sink into dictatorship? Imagine that

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,668 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 24 January 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

England banned guns and didn't lose all their freedoms and sink into dictatorship? Imagine that
Some of the complaints about government I've heard here make me question just how far they are from it - in reality.  But comparing the two does not work since they never had a tradition of it.  America never has been "civilized" to the extent Britons have been.  Unfortunately now they are being "civilized" into alien status in cities in their own country...
Don't shoot me - just an observer!

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 24 January 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

No no, freetoroam, you got that wrong. If every woman would have a gun, there would be no more rape. At least that's what I've learned on this board. :whistle:
I am shaking my head at that thought as I type. :no: And I am a woman!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

View Postand then, on 24 January 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Some of the complaints about government I've heard here make me question just how far they are from it - in reality.  But comparing the two does not work since they never had a tradition of it.  America never has been "civilized" to the extent Britons have been.  Unfortunately now they are being "civilized" into alien status in cities in their own country...
Have you ever been to the UK? There are some neighbourhoods that are pretty damn rough. And so are some of the people growing up there.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 24 January 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

I certainly have  my freedom, disagreeing with the governments policies does not mean I am a slave to them, I just like moaning about them.
But the day I have to own a gun to hold onto my freedom, is the day I lose my freedom for good.

#9    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

• 4,105 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

View Postand then, on 24 January 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Well, here it seems the 2nd amendment is alive and well though the 4th, 5th, and 6th, seem to be gone with the wind.

#10    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 24 January 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

Well, here it seems the 2nd amendment is alive and well though the 4th, 5th, and 6th, seem to be gone with the wind.
And I thought the 2nd is there to assure the others will stay?

#11    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

• 4,105 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 24 January 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

And I thought the 2nd is there to assure the others will stay?
That's the rumor. Doesn't seem to be working out that way.

#12    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,415 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

Correction.

Scotland banned citizens having armalites in their own home after a Scout Leader butchered children and their schoolteachers.  England followed suit after another ' fine citizen.' , with constituent rights butchered old ladies who were his neighbours that cared about him.   Go figure.

#13    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Everyone should have the right to bear arms if they are licensed,Farage is a breath of fresh air on the Stage of British and European politics.Anything would be better than the present undemocratic and unelected Government who are presently governing with no mandate from the UK electorate.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#14    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

I would welcome nigel farages idea. I for one would sleep a lot better knowing that I had a gun to hand. My grandfather and father always had guns, rifles and shotguns as they lived in an ex farmhouse that had loads of land. I remember them shooting clay pidgeons on sundays. Ive even looked into a gun license myself. If I was confronted in my own home by someone with a gun I know what I would rather have in my hand and it wouldnt be a phone!

#15    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Question for our cousins across the pond. Are the gangs or criminals over in England and Australia, caught with guns a lot more than they use to be these days? The reason I ask is because I see a lot more of it mentioned in the British & Australian news papers then there us to be.

Not trying to build up a gun debate here, BTW. Just curious as to how much that is true.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users