Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Astronomical Prophecy

revelation tribulation astronomy prophecy judeo-christianity

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

Welcome to the forum aka CAT. I would just urge you to be wary of such teachings. Since the heretical notion of the rapture was invented by John Darby in 1830, various doomsayers have been coming around for centuries and saying that the world is going to end for one reason or another. In our time, it sells a lot of books and videos. It makes some serious money by duping those who fall for it. Worse, it IS truly heretical  because it turns our attention to SIGNS when we should be focused on GOD. The point is, Christians should not be speculating about the end times. In reality, we have BEEN in the end times since Jesus ascended into Heaven over 2,000 years ago. But God's time is not our time; He is eternal, outside of time. This 'end' could come in ten seconds, ten minutes, or ten thousand or ten billion years from now for all we know. What Jesus wants us to do is LIVE like it is the end time, to tend the house of the master while the master is away as the parable says. It's not about speculation. Indeed, “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." (Matthew 24:36)

Posted Image

The Urban Contemplative

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2565

#17    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

• That, with God, all things are possible
    doesn't make everything equally probable.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 27 January 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

That's a very nice wall of colourful text.

However, can you link me to the rumour that comet Ison was blasted by a missile?
The third story might have been a mix-up of the first two of the three following:

Johns Hopkins student-built rocket blasts off on mission to analyze ...
hub.jhu.edu/2013/11/25/comet-ison-tra[/b******-rocket - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Nov 25, 2013 ... Johns Hopkins student-built rocket launches on mission to analyze what makes up Comet ISON.
DARPA Plans to Arm Drones With Missile-Blasting Lasers | Danger ...
www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/11/drone-lasers/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Nov 1, 2013 ... The Pentagon this week edged closer to mounting missile-destroying lasers on unmanned and manned aircraft, awarding $26 million to ...
NASA visits comet blasted by missile - Skymania News
www.skymania.com/ wp/ 2011/ 02/ nasa-revisits-comet-hit-by-missile.html/ 3607/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Feb 14, 2011 ... Tempel 1 is hit by the Deep Impact missile (NASA). In the earlier encounter ... Comet Lovejoy delights after the destruction of ISON. December 5 ...

However, in regard to meteors, please see:
Meteor Activity from Comet ISON?
BY ROBERT LUNSFORD, IN METEOR SHOWERS

http://www.amsmeteor...rom-comet-ison/

Also, for a map of the 25 latest worldwide meteorite strikes please see:
http://lunarmeteorit...rs.blogspot.jp/

Thank you, CAT

Edited by aka CAT, 27 January 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#18    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostMarcus Aurelius, on 27 January 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Welcome to the forum aka CAT. I would just urge you to be wary of such teachings. Since the heretical notion of the rapture was invented by John Darby in 1830, various doomsayers have been coming around for centuries and saying that the world is going to end for one reason or another. In our time, it sells a lot of books and videos. It makes some serious money by duping those who fall for it. Worse, it IS truly heretical  because it turns our attention to SIGNS when we should be focused on GOD. The point is, Christians should not be speculating about the end times. In reality, we have BEEN in the end times since Jesus ascended into Heaven over 2,000 years ago. But God's time is not our time; He is eternal, outside of time. This 'end' could come in ten seconds, ten minutes, or ten thousand or ten billion years from now for all we know. What Jesus wants us to do is LIVE like it is the end time, to tend the house of the master while the master is away as the parable says. It's not about speculation. Indeed, “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." (Matthew 24:36)
Thank you,

Notwithstanding that not even the angels know the "day and hour,"
Revelation was inspired for reasons other than to aid the devil
and his minions, the evil cabal that capitalizes on such portents.  
Therefore, I make no apology for seeking to determine the accuracy
of WARNING: 8 Super-Signs in the Heavens
&
21 Events Predicted in the Book of Revelation.

Edited by aka CAT, 27 January 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#19    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,689 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

They're Hunter's moons. They're full near the horizon while the dirty atmosphere creates the colour.

#20    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 27 January 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

They're Hunter's moons. They're full near the horizon while the dirty atmosphere creates the colour.
Thanks.

The source of post #5 had under blood red moon and in hypertext,
which didn’t convey, the definition of a supermoon per wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermoon

#21    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostCopen, on 26 January 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

It is interesting that watching the clip after Comet Ison proved to not be a big heavenly show. It is also interesting, though, that it was here on Thanksgiving. Might be a subtil and gradual speaking to Gods people.  

Josephus wrote that for two weeks before Herods Temple was destroyed there were awesome and frightening signs in the nightly sky.

I prefer book format so I can easily re-check what he understands as prophecy in the heavenly space. My memory is not able to recall that much detail. Prophecy such as this with a lot of details needs to be checked often.

John Hagee has a book out about the four blood moons that runs along the same lines. I don't think he went so far as 2017 Virgo and Saturn, though.  Will have to re-check that.

These may be God talking to His children through signs in the sky, as Genesis says the heavenly bodies are for measuring time, months, seasons and signs. I wonder if Hagee and this man have correctly interpreted what the signs, though. For instance: Rev. 12 is a flashback of the birth of Jesus and then leads the focus to the woman (spiritual Israel - the true church in the wilderness - not in the temple in Jerusalem). This so that we can recognize this is the same woman coming out of the wilderness.  Only the woman has transformed herself into a harlot.  A harlot sells herself. The retail business of today's church indicates the harlot is here. She is selling religious trinkets, idols of crosses, yard sales, cruises, bake sales, trips, tap water as "holy" because she has blessed it; you name it and she will sell it, all the while feeding off the sheep rather than sacrificially feeding the sheep like a shepherd. Almost all her tv preachers living in mansions with paid staff and bodyguards.  

If this man's interpretation of Virgo and Saturn were true it would mean Jesus was going to be born again at the end of the gestation period.

It may very well be that, since the sun turned dark because of the war in heaven as Jesus hung on the cross, that the moon will turn to blood red because of a massive killing of Christian and perhaps Messianic Jews sometime in the future.

This thing about a rapture before persecution does not agree with 1st Cor. That says "at the LAST trump". There are 7 trumps in Rev. Well passed clear persecutions.

The video flashed too fast for me to get the info to see if he wrote all that in a book; and I couldn't sit thru the whole thing again for that info.
God bless. Actually I thought it was interesting.
That there will be a massive killing of those whom believe in the one
true God stands to reason as Satan would have every last one of them dead,
if not seduced and branded beforehand with his mark of the beast, so that
the fewest persons possible might remain to be saved by the Second Coming.

There is no mention of a harlot anywhere, not even in the footnotes,
in the New American Bible -- Revelation 12.
http://old.usccb.org...evelation12.htm
Nor does 1 Corinthians therein correspond to your description.
Nonetheless, I suppose the gist of how your belief differs based
upon my having been raised to believe in a particular judgment,
effective upon death, whereafter every soul will be united with a
resurrected body to stand final judgment when Christ returns:

Every soul will unite with its resurrected body just prior to the Last Judgment ("Judgment Day") when Christ returns:
In the presence of Christ, who is Truth itself, the truth of each man’s relationship with God will be laid bare. The Last
Judgment will reveal even to its furthest consequences the good each person has done or failed to do during his earthly life . . .

The Last Judgment will come when Christ returns in glory. Only the Father knows the day and the hour; only he determines
the moment of its coming. Then through his Son Jesus Christ he will pronounce the final word on all history. We shall know
the ultimate meaning of the whole work of creation and of the entire economy of salvation and understand the marvelous
ways by which his Providence led everything towards its final end. The Last Judgment will reveal that God’s justice triumphs
over all the injustices committed by his creatures and that God’s love is stronger than death. (CCC 1039-1040)

For your convenience, please see
- a brief summary of WARNING: 8 Super-Signs in the Heavens appears at the end of post #5
http://www.unexplain...4
- a visual reference to the seals, trumpets and bowls:
21 Events Predicted in the Book of Revelation

I’m glad that you, too, found the first video interesting.

0:-) MGby, also.

Edited by aka CAT, 27 January 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#22    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,023 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

View Postaka CAT, on 27 January 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:

Mr. Cioccolanti's motives secondarily interest me.  
How accurate are his claims?

SC is using well known astronomic effects as a base for his absurd divinations. The same matrix was in use by religious leaders and
institutions some hundred years ago, also using meteorologic and biological effects, with the target to manipulate ppl by anxiety. Later
on Galilei, Kepler, Newton and others cleaned that rubbish up but that´s not known by all ppl it seems. Looking at the biography of
Galilei, for example, provides the proof that the scientific reality wasn´t compatible to the "SOPs" and road maps of the religous institutions.
Todays manipulation attempts by preachers and prophets like SC, using astronomic effects, is mostly targeted on economic benefits,
simply just that and nothing else. So the question about accurateness of his claims is useless as the question itself is useless.

Edited by toast, 27 January 2014 - 10:13 AM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#23    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,023 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

View Postaka CAT, on 27 January 2014 - 02:58 AM, said:

Comet Ison, rumored to have been blasted by a missile, was less spectacular for persons whom are not astronomers.

Rumors are not of any value in connection to discussions about astronomic events. The closest approach by ISON to the sun was on
28NOV2013 and ISON was observed that time and had a speed of approx 360km/sec, that´s approx 1,3 million km per hour. We do not
have the technology yet to hit a small moving object of that speed and in a distance of approx 150M kms within one year after 1. discovery of an object.

Edited by toast, 27 January 2014 - 11:36 AM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#24    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Toast, is your avatar the game character GLaDOS?

The bible would not be so portentous were people
not intended to be gifted direct, scientific, allegorical,
literal ...&c., every possible, insight into 'the word.'

It was not I who started any rumor.  Instead, I tried to get to the source
of misunderstanding and, hopefully, thus preclude more confusion.  
http://www.unexplain...15#entry5057497
Still, in all fairness, I had also to concede one of other factors as grounds
for report-based claims of much debris from outer space impacting Earth.

Moreover, regardless of one’s beliefs,
a charitable person would, at least,
applaud Mr. Cioccolanti’s talented
interpretation of Revelation.  Never
have I heard the signs/symbols therein
more plausibly explained.  Furthermore,
as there are many more indications
of our now entering the tribulation, a
far broader view need be taken of the
'signs of the times' all in all for us
to piece together the larger picture. But,
first things first, beginning with prophecy
based on a key book of the Holy Bible.

0:-) MGby.

Edited by aka CAT, 27 January 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#25    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Billions and Billions of Galaxies, Stars, Planets and assorted celestial objects - that's not signs, it's the rest of the Universe.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#26    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

View PostAlmagest, on 27 January 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

Billions and Billions of Galaxies, Stars, Planets and assorted celestial objects - that's not signs, it's the rest of the Universe.
Greetings.

The universe / multiverse isn't three dimensional.  
The physical world as well as our temporal bodies exist in time.
And, in this instance, timing is considerable
in that time is of essence in regard to all predictions.

Edited by aka CAT, 27 January 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#27    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,023 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

View Postaka CAT, on 27 January 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Toast, is your avatar the game character GLaDOS?

Didn´t knowed what´s "GLaDOS" 30 seconds ago but google pictures made me smarter. As I cannot see any connection between my avatar and "GLaDOS" I`m missing the questions meaning. Anyway.

The bible would not be so portentous were people not intended
to be gifted direct, scientific, allegorical,literal ...&c., every possible, insight into 'the word.'

What?

It was not I who started any rumor. Still, in all fairness, I had
to concede one of other factors as grounds for claims of much debris from outer space impacting Earth

You placed the rumor here so you got an answer here. The return rate of space debris is a mix of space crafts in orbit and the
effects of gravitation and so not subject to auguries. If parts of ISON have/will hit the earth it´s called meteors and not space debris.

You started your topic with "8 super signs in the heavens" (btw, plural. Interesting). Since yesterday you added to the discussion :
a song from James Blake, RFID Implants, Obama health Care, TPP, a John Hopkins students experiment, the Pentagon, laser
drones, NASA and a lotmore but without comments on.
Can you let me know what´s you general claim here beside promotion for a guy (who claims the earth was created 6000 years
ago in a popup) and his books+DVDs?

Edited by toast, 27 January 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#28    Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

View Postaka CAT, on 27 January 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Thank you,

Notwithstanding that not even the angels know the "day and hour,"
Revelation was inspired for reasons other than to aid the devil
and his minions, the evil cabal that capitalizes on such portents.  
Therefore, I make no apology for seeking to determine the accuracy
of WARNING: 8 Super-Signs in the Heavens
&
21 Events Predicted in the Book of Revelation.

I was not making any such claim against the book of Revelation. I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that includes the Book of Revelation. My concern is not the Book itself; but the heretical and all too often dangerous interpretations of it. Now I am no scholar; but have you considered the view that much of the content of Revelation is actually historical and allegorical in nature? The view that John was talking about Rome and Nero using veiled language? This is the position I happen to take. It is highly plausible that the Anti-Christ he was speaking of was in fact Nero and that the "tribulation" was actually the Neronian persecution of the Church. Because you seem to like to study the Word and things about the Word (which I highly commend btw) I would encourage you to study and research this view in more detail. Just consider alternative views before you become sold on these 'prophetic' views.

Because I see a problem with that: a Christian is not called to be a Nostradamus; not called to look for signs and to try to connect current events with Biblical prophecy. So many quacks have already prophesied that the world was going to end or that the rapture was going to come (88 Reasons Why The Rapture Will Be in 1988) that it gets people focused on Biblical prophecy RATHER than their RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. It also gives Christians a bad name. When people 'prophesy' these things; and then they don't happen it makes us all look like a bunch of idiots.

Think about it like this: instead of spending all this time and effort reading books and articles on Biblical prophecy, watching videos and movies....you could be in quiet, contemplative prayer. You could be drawing nearer to God and He to you. Instead of scouring prophecy, you could be practicing something like Lectio Divina which would deepen your reverence for His Word.

Simply put; if you gave all the energy you give of studying prophecy to your walk with God; it wouldn't MATTER when the world was going to end.

Posted Image

The Urban Contemplative

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2565

#29    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

View Posttoast, on 27 January 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Didn´t knowed what´s "GLaDOS" 30 seconds ago but google pictures made me smarter. As I cannot see any connection between my avatar and "GLaDOS" I`m missing the questions meaning. Anyway.

What?

Toast: You placed the rumor here so you got an answer here.

CAT: Conversationally, I noted observations.
As I look to the highest authority
while respectfully taking into account witnesses,
yours is no definitive answer.

Toast: The return rate of space debris is a mix of space crafts in orbit and the
effects of gravitation and so not subject to auguries. If parts of ISON have/will hit the earth it´s called meteors and not space debris.

CAT:  i'll come up with better terms for the miscellany of matter that finds its way in our atmosphere.

Toast: You started your topic with "8 super signs in the heavens" (btw, plural. Interesting). Since yesterday you added to the discussion :
a song from James Blake, RFID Implants, Obama health Care, TPP, a John Hopkins students experiment, the Pentagon, laser
drones, NASA and a lotmore but without comments on.

CAT:  Insofar as the overview is concerned,
thanks for your express appreciation of my input herein.

Toast: Can you let me know what´s you general claim here beside promotion for a guy (who claims the earth was created 6000 years
ago in a popup) and his books+DVDs?

CAT: Mine is more to contemplate and confer, thanks.  Meanwhile, why not throw in some topical entertainment?
It is only one song...or would you like for me to habitually promote 'indie' music by posting theme songs?
Admit it, no arms have been twisted.

#30    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

View PostMarcus Aurelius, on 27 January 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

I was not making any such claim against the book of Revelation. I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that includes the Book of Revelation. My concern is not the Book itself; but the heretical and all too often dangerous interpretations of it. Now I am no scholar; but have you considered the view that much of the content of Revelation is actually historical and allegorical in nature? The view that John was talking about Rome and Nero using veiled language? This is the position I happen to take. It is highly plausible that the Anti-Christ he was speaking of was in fact Nero and that the "tribulation" was actually the Neronian persecution of the Church. Because you seem to like to study the Word and things about the Word (which I highly commend btw) I would encourage you to study and research this view in more detail. Just consider alternative views before you become sold on these 'prophetic' views.

Because I see a problem with that: a Christian is not called to be a Nostradamus; not called to look for signs and to try to connect current events with Biblical prophecy. So many quacks have already prophesied that the world was going to end or that the rapture was going to come (88 Reasons Why The Rapture Will Be in 1988) that it gets people focused on Biblical prophecy RATHER than their RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. It also gives Christians a bad name. When people 'prophesy' these things; and then they don't happen it makes us all look like a bunch of idiots.

Think about it like this: instead of spending all this time and effort reading books and articles on Biblical prophecy, watching videos and movies....you could be in quiet, contemplative prayer. You could be drawing nearer to God and He to you. Instead of scouring prophecy, you could be practicing something like Lectio Divina which would deepen your reverence for His Word.

Simply put; if you gave all the energy you give of studying prophecy to your walk with God; it wouldn't MATTER when the world was going to end.
My life is an ongoing prayer momently interrupted to give thanks.
There are no guarantees in life as all any of us has is the present.
God willing, we will ultimately witness what comes to pass.

Why miss a chance to engage people in spiritual discourse?
"Seek, and ye shall find."  How are we to seek truth
without, first, ascertaining  fact?

I am of a mind to not only strive to objectively reach
informed conclusions, but to permit others to do the same.
After all, what is conscience without informed choice?
Choice presupposes men capable of thinking for themselves.
Let others contribute, voice thoughts and ask questions,
feel free to learn,
without bandying variants of the word heresy.
To those whom such words have meaning,
increasingly many are apprehensive of the antichrist.

Edited by aka CAT, 28 January 2014 - 12:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users