Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Astronomical Prophecy

revelation tribulation astronomy prophecy judeo-christianity

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

aka CAT
It is quite reasonable to try to understand what the bible tells us about His 2nd coming. There were some people who understood the signs and were teaching in the temple that the time was ripe for the Messiah at His 1st coming.  Anna the prophetess was one example.  We will never know the day or hour but we can surely know the season. Why did Jesus give us so much info on the subject if He did not want us to understand the signs.  And, yes, heavenly signs is an instrument God gave us for our discernment.

I think I did not make the subject clear about the woman of Rev. 12 in the wilderness and the harlot coming out of the wilderness. The subject of the harlot does not immediately follow  Rev.12. But the wilderness is key to recognizing that the Harlot in the wilderness sitting on a dragon in Rev. 17 is the same original woman who has morphed into a harlot selling religious trinkets. Had it been ok to have idols of crosses Paul would have told the silversmith to stop making idols of Diane and make crosses instead.

About 1Cor. 15:51-52 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the LAST trump;for the trumpet shall sound,and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed"

This one thing I have observed in the KJV of the bible is the exactness of words which are lost in the many new casual and personal interpretations translated rather than defining each word.   And teachings have gotten casual, too. I won't bore you with the many examples; but I will give this example----- the bible says  Acts 2: 19, 20 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon (singular) into blood..." It sounds to me like one event, not 4 moons (plural).

Then when I read Matthew 24: 29; Mark 13: 24; Luke 21: 25  they all sound like a one time event after great tribulation. What I also noticed with the things that were going to be happening was that there were going to "be signs in the earth beneath". Earthquakes may be increasing but it mentions blood before fire and smoke. I think something terrible is going to happen. What, I don't know.

#32    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

• That, with God, all things are possible
    doesn't make everything equally probable.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

Thank you for citing bible, book, chapter and verse, as bibles vary.
I am not adverse to comparing versions and editions.
Since few today share my fondness of the Douay–Rheims,
I suffice with the 'NAB.'

Earthquakes are scarcely discussed in this day and age
without mention of...
(Toast is already cringing)...
HAARP...
ELF.

Yup, and the :-7 elves' playin' nine pins
can sound like thunder...

I'll refrain, at this point, from offering my associations
with your generalized use of the word blood.

Fear is no motive like love--

We are won in the Holy Spirit.

Edited by aka CAT, 28 January 2014 - 04:12 AM.

#33    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostCopen, on 28 January 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

[...]Earthquakes may be increasing but it mentions blood before fire and smoke[...]
Re: "Earthquakes [...] fire and smoke" volcanoes certainly apply.
Re: Earthquakes in general and volcanoes in specific, a series of articles
appeared in Activist Post that also explain my mention of the acronyms above
amongst other factors:

5 Theories Why We're Experiencing Increased Earthquake Activity

www.activistpost.com/2011/03/5-theories-why-were-experiencing.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Mar 18, 2011 ... Activist Post Planet Earth has experienced a very noticeable up-tick in earthquake activity and intensity over the last five years. Leading up to ...

Activist Post: Why Have 10 Major Volcanoes Along The Ring Of Fire ...

www.activistpost.com/ 2013/ 11/ why-have-10-major-volcanoes-along-ring.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Nov 24, 2013 ... Comet Ison is causing a gravitational rift in our planets inner core and this is why we are seeing an increase in volcanic activity and ...

Activist Post: The Ring Of Fire Is Roaring To Life And There Will Be ...

www.activistpost.com/2012/04/ring-of-fire-is-roaring-to-life-and.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Apr 13, 2012 ... But it is not just along the Ring of Fire that we are seeing a rise in volcanic activity . The truth is that we are seeing a rise in volcanic activity all ...

Activist Post: New Study Suggests Disturbing Link Between Fracking ...

www.activistpost.com/2013/04/new-study-suggests-disturbing-link.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Apr 1, 2013 ... Activist Post ... fracturing (fracking) is definitively leading to an increase in earthquake activity. .... ACTIVIST POST DAILY NEWSLETTER.

#34    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 17,123 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

View Postaka CAT, on 27 January 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:

Mr. Cioccolanti's motives secondarily interest me.  
How accurate are his claims?

Considering his claims refer to a biblical prophecy that Mark 13:30 states would happen "this generation" - i.e. those who were contemporary with the biblical Jesus - I would say his accuracy is not to within around 2000 years.

Edited by Leonardo, 28 January 2014 - 10:42 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#35    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 28 January 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

Considering his claims refer to a biblical prophecy that Mark 13:30 states would happen "this generation" -
i.e. those who were contemporary with the biblical Jesus - I would say his accuracy is not to within around 2000 years.
Hello, Leonardo.

Imagine time a cylindrical helix.  Let history’s repeating itself be represented
by a line both parallel with line z and tangent at points equidistant on the helix:
http://www-h.eng.cam...orial/helix.png
While no two points are identical, their correlation speaks of the Living Word.
Perhaps what happened 2000 years ago was meant to serve as a precedent.

#36    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,866 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

I don't know what it's like in the rest of the world, but I see orange/red moons fairly often here, we call them "bushfires moons" because the smoke from bushfires turns the moon red.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#37    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 17,123 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

View Postaka CAT, on 28 January 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Hello, Leonardo.

Imagine time a cylindrical helix.  Let history’s repeating itself be represented
by a line both parallel with line z and tangent at points equidistant on the helix:
http://www-h.eng.cam...orial/helix.png
While no two points are identical, their correlation speaks of the Living Word.
Perhaps what happened 2000 years ago was meant to serve as a precedent.

Hello backatcha - and welcome to UM. :tu:

I find no reason to assign to biblical scripture a theme of recurring cycles. Doing so would be reading into the narrative that which doesn't exist within it.

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

#38    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 28 January 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

I don't know what it's like in the rest of the world, but I see orange/red moons fairly often here,
we call them "bushfires moons" because the smoke from bushfires turns the moon red.

Hi, Sir Wearer of Hats.

Such suns and moons have been eerily beautiful
for the same reason near my neck of the woods.

Sir et al:

Because hypertext wound up plain text earlier in this thread, I belatedly supply the following definitions:
Blood Moon– Supermoon that is also a luner eclipse. "A supermoon is the coincidence of a full moon
or a new moon with the closest approach the Moon makes to the Earth on its elliptical orbit, resulting in
the largest apparent size of the lunar disk as seen from Earth. The technical name is the perigee-syzygy
of the Earth-Moon-Sun system. The term "supermoon" is not astronomical, but originated in modern
astrology.[1] The association of the Moon with both oceanic and crustal tides has led to claims that the
supermoon phenomenon may be associated with increased risk of events such as earthquakes and
volcanic eruptions, but the evidence of such a link is widely held to be unconvincing[2]’--
https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Supermoon

#39    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 28 January 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

Hello backatcha - and welcome to UM. :tu:

I find no reason to assign to biblical scripture a theme of recurring cycles.
Doing so would be reading into the narrative that which doesn't exist within it.
Not to pretend expertise, I'll offer a few examples of how biblical figures are prefigured / events are foreshadowed,
e.g. John the Baptist's acknowledgement of Jesus as Savior
and in connection to what is referred to as new and old covenants.
http://www.catholic....he-new-covenant

"Augustine said that 'the Old Testament is the New concealed, but the New Testament is the Old revealed' (Catechizing of the Uninstructed 4:8).
The idea of typology is not new. Paul says that Adam was a type of the one who was to come—
Christ (Rom 5:14). Early Christians understood that the Old Testament was full of types or pictures that were fulfilled or realized in the New Testament.
Here are a few more examples of biblical typology:
  • Peter uses Noah’s ark as a type of Christian baptism (1 Pt 3:18-22).
  • Paul explains that circumcision foreshadowed Christian baptism (Col 2:11-12).
  • Jesus uses the bronze serpent as a type of his Crucifixion (Jn 3:14; cf. Nm 21:8-9).
  • The Passover lamb prefigures the sacrifice of Christ (1 Cor 5:7).
  • Paul says that Abraham "considered that God was able to raise men even from the dead; hence, figuratively speaking, he did receive him back" (Heb 11:19)."

Edited by aka CAT, 29 January 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#40    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 17,123 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

View Postaka CAT, on 29 January 2014 - 03:24 AM, said:

Not to pretend expertise, I'll offer a few examples of how biblical figures are prefigured / events are foreshadowed,
e.g. John the Baptist's acknowledgement of Jesus as Savior
and in connection to what is referred to as new and old covenants.
http://www.catholic....he-new-covenant

"Augustine said that 'the Old Testament is the New concealed, but the New Testament is the Old revealed' (Catechizing of the Uninstructed 4:8).
The idea of typology is not new. Paul says that Adam was a type of the one who was to come—
Christ (Rom 5:14). Early Christians understood that the Old Testament was full of types or pictures that were fulfilled or realized in the New Testament.
Here are a few more examples of biblical typology:
  • Peter uses Noah’s ark as a type of Christian baptism (1 Pt 3:18-22).
  • Paul explains that circumcision foreshadowed Christian baptism (Col 2:11-12).
  • Jesus uses the bronze serpent as a type of his Crucifixion (Jn 3:14; cf. Nm 21:8-9).
  • The Passover lamb prefigures the sacrifice of Christ (1 Cor 5:7).
  • Paul says that Abraham "considered that God was able to raise men even from the dead; hence, figuratively speaking, he did receive him back" (Heb 11:19)."

Foreshadowing is a literary technique used by an author to explain future plot developments. It's use presumes a single author with a comprehensive and contiguous plot-line. It is not a device that could be stated with certainty to apply in a series of books written by different authors - expecially when it is unknown, and doubtful, they had the opportunity to collaborate.

The examples provided would be better described (imo) as flashbacks (with the meaning based on the later author's interpretation of the earlier's words), not foreshadowing.

Edited by Leonardo, 29 January 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#41    AZDZ

AZDZ

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

Speaking of comets and the Bible, aka CAT, would you agree Job 6:16 and 38:29 could be about them?

Another potentially nail-biting cometary event occurs on Oct. 19 2014 when comet Siding Spring has an even closer encounter with Mars than ISON did.

The Great STS-48 ZIG-ZAG UFO explained by Jim Oberg
Art & UFOs? No Thanks, Only Art shared by psyche101
McMinnville UFO Pictures debunked shared by psyche101

#42    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 29 January 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Foreshadowing is a literary technique used by an author to explain future plot developments.
It's use presumes a single author with a comprehensive and contiguous plot-line.
It is not a device that could be stated with certainty to apply in a series of books written by different authors -
expecially when it is unknown, and doubtful, they had the opportunity to collaborate.

The examples provided would be better described (imo) as flashbacks
(with the meaning based on the later author's interpretation of the earlier's words), not foreshadowing.
Believing the books in the bible inspired by God--
isn't He AWESOME?--
things e.g. typology are the least surprising.

Edited by aka CAT, 29 January 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#43    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

View PostAZDZ, on 29 January 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Speaking of comets and the Bible, aka CAT, would you agree Job 6:16 and 38:29 could be about them?

Another potentially nail-biting cometary event occurs on Oct. 19 2014 when comet Siding Spring has an even closer encounter with Mars than ISON did.
Job is one of my favorite books, notwithstanding that I've mixed feelings about my laughing so hard when I read it.
So much does it say about human nature,  and so sympathetic am I with Job, I'm loath to imagine my being so tested.
At a glance, I surmise the first verse could be a metaphor and the second, part of an analogy, does seem to go from stellar to small.

I'm not biting my nails, but I hope to follow updates on the comet--
those whom live on the West coast were treated to an impressive
meteorite shower, which peaked just after mid-November last.  Too
far East to observe it, :-| I only heard reports of the "great balls of fire."

Edited by aka CAT, 29 January 2014 - 09:31 PM.

#44    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy,
frequency and vibration”--Nikola Tesla.

RE: Part II of II of
Blood Moons and the Mark of the Beast
(RFID)
http://www.unexplain...4

Please see
Tune to un/natural hertz?--440/432 Hz?
Part I of II - Harmonics v. Dissonance
&
'Water Jig' and 'Sand Choreography.'  
Part II of II - Resonance
http://www.unexplain...9

Thank you.

Edited by aka CAT, 30 January 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#45    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 17,123 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

View Postaka CAT, on 29 January 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Believing the books in the bible inspired by God--
isn't He AWESOME?--
things e.g. typology are the least surprising.

Was your question "How honest are his claims?" an honest question, or is your belief in the accuracy of Mr. Cioccolanti's claims fixed?

Because if the latter, and you were not asking an honest question, then your compounded that dishonesty by leading me to believe you wished to engage in an honest debate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users