Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

[Merged]The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#31    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,322 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

I received an instant reply as it seems the Police Chief is on holiday!

There is another email address included for emergencies, but this request is not urgent. Chief Ingram states he'll be back on 10th Feb, so I'll check my emails after that date.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#32    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 29 January 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

I received an instant reply as it seems the Police Chief is on holiday!

...that's hilarious.

Good luck getting a reply.

#33    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

There are several articles about it on the internet, Yahoo,Daily Mail etc.I thought mention was made of not only the Gary PD but also the Hammond PD . I also read that the priest Father Marginot who did the exorcism thought that whatever was going on centered around the mother and the kids were bystanders who got drawn up into this. In the article at the Daily Mail  it mentions he asked the mom about  an ex boyfriend who was not the kids father. I guess the reason for this was the thought that maybe she was the  focus of whatever was going on and that the ex had something to do with it. After all, a lot of people do believe in such things as santeria, voodoo, Santa Muerta or St.Death the patroness of the mexican drug cartels and so forth. I think the Daily Mail has a photo of this chief Austin.
In any case it is rather strange. According to the landlord, he's never heard of any hauntings and the new tenants haven't complained either.
Now it might be possible that  there was some  sort of ghostly activity in the house before this but the tenants didn't report it.Why because they didn't want the landlord to think they were crazy and too he might not let them break the lease either.

#34    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,719 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

I wonder if the town's newspaper would have anything to authenticate or debunk this issue.

Forget about contacting the church... Catholic exorcism records are normally sealed.

#35    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,719 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

Does anyone have any further information?

It seems like a 50/50 at this time.

#36    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,361 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostHollyDolly, on 29 January 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

There are several articles about it on the internet, Yahoo,Daily Mail etc.

Are there?  Or are they all based (or copies) of the original article?

#37    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

I think its true be cause cops saw it.why would a cop lie and get laughed off the force if they found out he was lieing

#38    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,361 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

You are assuming the story about the cops is true.

#39    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,719 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:02 AM

True. Solid authentication of the officials involved would be a start.

I do hope the story is true, and not some elaborate hoax.

#40    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,809 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

And let the TV games begin: http://foxnewsinside...range-incidents

Yep, it's FOX. The priest has now been on Bill O'Reilly, and the reporter from the Indiana Star has been interviewed by Megyn Kelly.

#41    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,069 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

View Postrashore, on 30 January 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

And let the TV games begin: http://foxnewsinside...range-incidents

Yep, it's FOX. The priest has now been on Bill O'Reilly, and the reporter from the Indiana Star has been interviewed by Megyn Kelly.
I thought so. I smell a rat. There is a spirit haunting this family, but not the spirit world kind.

:(

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#42    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Exorcisms are supposed to be private affairs, with the utmost protection for anonymity, so I'm surprised to see this priest give an interview with O'Reilly. He told O'Reilly that he did have the approval of a bishop, so on the face of it, the Church is taking this seriously.

Here's the Indiana Dept. of Child Services Intake Officer's Report; complete with state officials, psychologists and family witnessing the Hollywood style walking backwards up the walls routine.

Interesting story, I'm sure it will make a fine horror blockbuster movie, with credit to all.

#43    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• 1,613 posts

• "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

View Postpallidin, on 29 January 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Oh for God's sake.

So, the police, the nurse, the CPS agent and the other's are lying and/or delusional.

Yeah, right...

Oh for God's sake.

So we have yet another 'story' of the laws of physics being temporarily suspended, without, as usual and conveniently, any photos or videos of this occurring.

Yeah, right....

Seriously though, we have two possibilities concerning the boy walking up the walls and the ceiling like he was walking on the floor (which is the only part of this story from my quick reading that would be indicative of something truly supernatural):

1) People are lying, mistaken, or have been tricked, or the story is not actually accurate in all of its details concerning what people supposedly observed.
2) The laws of science have been violated and for some reason, after 2 millenia, God has finally allowed for the possibility of some good direct evidence to be provided of his existence and the truth of Christianity.

Considering that we have ample evidence that #1 is not at all unusual and that people have incentives to make up/embellish stories like this for the attention they receive in return, and that #2 has never been documented to have occurred, despite being claimed countless times, I don't know why your response to this involves 'for God's sake' and 'Yeah, right' as if you can't understand why people would doubt this.

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into"
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" - C. Hitchens
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" - Richard Feynman

#44    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,719 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

If it hasn't already been mentioned here, there is an interview on foxnews.com with a reporter.

I can't seem to link it correctly, but, it's on their main page, in the "Watch Now" section to the right...

Posted Image

#45    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,322 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

While I await any email response - which may or may not be forthcoming - I am going to go with the assumption this is not a hoax.

In which case, I am going to suggest a case of Munchausen's Syndrome in the mother (Latoya Ammons), also projected onto her children as MS by Proxy.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users