Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

[Merged]The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#46    MJNYC

MJNYC

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 244 posts

• The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mohandas K. Gandhi

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

http://www.indystar....ammons/4892553/

#47    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

View Postpallidin, on 30 January 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

If it hasn't already been mentioned here, there is an interview on foxnews.com with a reporter.

The Megyn Kelley episode with the priest interview is telling. He was rocking back and forth in his chair, barely able to contain his excitement. Something smells fishy.

#48    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,886 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

View Postredhen, on 30 January 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

The Megyn Kelley episode with the priest interview is telling. He was rocking back and forth in his chair, barely able to contain his excitement. Something smells fishy.

Perhaps...we have seen this with UFO reports...but I would like you to focus, for a moment, on the reporter's responses with the link I suggested.

#49    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

View Postpallidin, on 30 January 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

I would like you to focus, for a moment, on the reporter's responses with the link I suggested.

Yes they were predictable. She took the professional journalistic "I just report, you decide" cop-out stance. Cowardly journalists.

#50    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Here's a follow up from the IndyStar

http://ux.indystar.c...ammons/4892553/

I lived in Indianapolis for several years and the place has ghost fever. Every other house there is "haunted". :whistle:

To hear Father Lampert, the designated exorcist for the Indianapolis Diocese, speak about this matter: possession is extremely rare and not what you see in the movies. A very level headed, skeptical man who believes 'almost all' possesions are a form of mental illness and not the work of evil.

What's being described here is very "fantastic" to say the least. I've never heard of Maginot, but I hope he's prone to the same level of skepticism. The only "unexplainable" thing I can see here https://www.document...ers-report.html is the claim that the child walked up the wall and did a flip. Youtube is full of kids performing this feat all the time.

Just my .02. Momma needs to be on meds and these kids need some therapy.

Edit: for bad typing, etc

Edited by Calibeliever, 30 January 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#51    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,886 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostCalibeliever, on 30 January 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Here's a follow up from the IndyStar

http://ux.indystar.c...ammons/4892553/

I lived in Indianapolis for several years and the place has ghost fever. Every other house there is "haunted".

I got to hear Father Lampert, the designated exorcist for the Indianapolis Diocese, speak about this matter once, as a guest at the church I attended. A very level headed, skeptical man who believes that possession is extremely rare and not what you see in the movies. What's being described here is very "fantastic" to say the least. I've never heard of Maginot, but I hope he's prone to the same level of skepticism.

The only "unexplainable" thing I can see here...

...is the claim that the child walked up the wall and did a flip. Youtube is full of kids performing this feat all the time.

But not if walking "backwards" up the wall. That's seriously creepy.

Edited by pallidin, 30 January 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#52    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

View Postpallidin, on 30 January 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

But not walking "backwards" on the wall.

Intake report:
Page 3 "Child became aggressive and walked up the wall as if he was walking on the floor and did a flip over the grandmother..."
Page 4 "..and he walked up the wall backward while holding the grandmother's hand and he never let go. He flipped over on his feet in front of the grandmother and sat down in a chair."

Impressive. Wish there was video. I have to say this sounds like an emotionally charged situation. Could impressive acrobatics be misinterpretted in a heightened emotional state? I have to believe these social workers were more than a little freaked and the "wording" may not have been 100% reported.

I can't say what they experienced. I wasn't there. But I am having a hard time with this one. *shrug*

#53    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,886 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostCalibeliever, on 30 January 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Intake report:
Page 3 "Child became aggressive and walked up the wall as if he was walking on the floor and did a flip over the grandmother..."
Page 4 "..and he walked up the wall backward while holding the grandmother's hand and he never let go. He flipped over on his feet in front of the grandmother and sat down in a chair."

Impressive. Wish there was video. I have to say this sounds like an emotionally charged situation. Could impressive acrobatics be misinterpretted in a heightened emotional state? I have to believe these social workers were more than a little freaked and the "wording" may not have been 100% reported.

I can't say what they experienced. I wasn't there. But I am having a hard time with this one. *shrug*

Yeah, this is surely one for the "books" of the unexplained. Assuming all of this is true, of course.

And don't call me Shirley...

Edited by pallidin, 30 January 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#54    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

From the Daily Mail report; "Father Maginot admitted he only became involved by chance. He happened to be covering for the usual chaplain of Gary ER on the weekend when a medic called in some distress to report a bizarre occurrence."

Well, that's a coincidence. The only one authorized to do an exorcism, the Diocesan exorcist, just happened to replacing the hospital chaplain on that shift.

#55    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 17,107 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

The priest reported the child alleged to be possessed did not respond when he [the priest] prayed in latin as part of the exorcism ritual, but responded when he addressed the child directly with names of demons.

This, to me, is a red flag that the child was not possessed but was acting to known/recognised word triggers.

Edited by Leonardo, 30 January 2014 - 10:58 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#56    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,625 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

I'm starting to feel a bit bummed about this... I really hope it's a true possession case and not just a hoax. I know that sounds cruel to wish that kind of ill on anyone, but if all of this is just a hoax.. Yack.

And I do really mean the term possession. Be it demons invading humans, or clinical medical problems.. This is an interesting case of modern possession. I'm rather inclined to Leonardos notion of Munchausen's Syndrome. It does make a lot of sense based off the information so far.

A tidbit.. I looked up the doctors name, and he really does exist, right where he is supposed to be and practicing family medicine.

Edit: And if this is a hoax.. Holy crap. I would consider this Amityville House level hoax.

Edited by rashore, 30 January 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#57    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Wow...so the girl that was levitating unconscious was the same girl that screamed, which brought the grandma into the room? wtf...

#58    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 30 January 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

The priest reported the child alleged to be possessed did not respond when he [the priest] prayed in latin as part of the exorcism ritual, but responded when he addressed the child directly with names of demons.

This, to me, is a red flag that the child was not possessed but was acting to known/recognised word triggers.

bingo!

#59    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,153 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

View PostHasina, on 28 January 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Seems odd the only people interviewed are the people who lived at the house and priests, who would all benefit from this being seen as true.

Well, this sort of thing doesn't happen every day and you would expect the priest, who deals in matters of faith, to make some sort of statement as well as the family member to whom the event happened; she might also might want to talk about it. The police, social workers, nurses and others might be reluctant in the same way a pilot might not want to report a UFO, because people might call them nuts, or it might limit their careers, etc. It would be interesting in the extreme to get statements from all of them separately and compare what it was they witnessed. Perhaps too they are afraid to talk about it because they are dealing with spiritual evil and fear some sort of reprisal. If this is corroborated it would be one of the most bizarre events of this type in modern times.

Nowadays you can be sure that it isn't some PR stunt for a Hollywood movie like the "devil baby" that appeared in New York.

Edited by Sundew, 30 January 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#60    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 30 January 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

Outstanding. I was searching for this but my feeble mind didn't make the connection. Plus I have no background in pyche. But yes, that bothered me too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users