Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

ET

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'll keep this  short simple because it was a brief no-frills sighting. The crucial five seconds of time has been crystallized in the back of my mind for over a year now. Pretend this happened to you and see if you can reach any other conclusion, like I tried to before settling on ET.

Step out on to the back porch for some fresh air; it's not too cold so I (you) lean against the rail to gaze at the stars over the mountains.  Very nice as usual, but that satellite seems to be headed down and not across the sky...hmm. Could be an arc of space illusion but it got my (your) full attention. While watching the satellite head down toward the mountain a traditional airplane approaches from the left, and it seems to be on a collision course with the satellite, but that's impossible, right... keep watching. Then the impossible happens: the satellite stops. So now you got a stalled satellite which looks like a bright star being approached by a little plane--I'm thinking not a jet. Just before the plane would have intersected the course of the "satellite" the little "star" zips up and away. The path of its vanishing was at a sharp angle back to the right of its previous path. The plane cruises on by the same as it was going and that is the end of that.

Okay, no big deal, but wait, what was that?

A lot happened that year so the event got filed away in the back of my mind as some kind of military-avoided-collision. I hadn't watched any UFO footage until recently so I had nothing to compare it to. To break it down:

1) satellites do not stop.
2) helicopter will not silently shoot straight up and away at incomprehensible speed from my point of view.
3) obvious intent to avoid the traditional craft which seemed intent on disrupting its path.
4) I cannot fathom any military being so uncoordinated while possessing that level of capability--silent hovering etc., and I doubt China was just testing us or anything like that.

My impression was the satellite/star/ufo was minding its own business, whatever that was, and then the plane deliberately set out to turn the UFO away; why? when it could have just carried on camouflaged as a satellite. I just happened to be there to witness the result of this event: no violence (other report at a different time involved "gunfire"), just intimidation of an ET as if it was out of bounds and just needed to be set back in place. This implies an established relationship with ETs but they have a will of their own.

This is getting shilly - Math

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

How do you know they were actually on a "collision" course?  Two objects in the sky can look like they are really close if one is alot brighter than the other but be many hundreds of miles "behind" or "in front" of the path of the other from the viewer's perspective even if they appear at the same height against the horizon.

Edited by libstaK, 27 January 2014 - 04:56 PM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 27 January 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

How do you know they were actually on a "collision" course? Two objects in the sky can look like they are really close if one is alot brighter than the other but be many hundreds of miles "behind" or "in front" of the path of the other from the viewer's perspective even if they appear at the same height against the horizon.

I didn't think that was possible because a satellite would be in orbit and the plane was not even a jet. What gave that impression was the thing stopped what appeared to be a downward course, ending right where the plane passed by. By that time it all seemed to be happening at the same altitude--about 15-20,000' right above a 14,000' mountain for reference.

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,145 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

ha well one of my sightings was with a star sized/shape and star coloured object... so

I was on a balcony having a late night smoke, looking up as usual at the stars, after a short while I noticed one moving to the left. It looked as high as all the other stars, and as said, it looked just like a star... I too thought I was watching a satellite and was buzzing at seeing it. At arms length it had moved a fingers length to the left, no idea how far in real space-distance terms but it seemingly passed another star...Then it stopped, and amazingly, retraced its route back to the direction it come from...

Do satellites do that?  I think not.  Was it therefore an alien craft under intelligent control? I will never know but think that's unlikely.

Was it a star sized ufo?  Indeed..I have no way to identify it

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

quick note: glad I posted this because it made me realize the plane was approaching from below the top of the mountain probably using it as cover...the collision would have occurred just to the right of the mountain and slightly above because the plane was climbing in altitude slowly. The "satellite" then must have stopped at about 20,000'. Considering I'm at 9000' and two miles out from the mountain top...anyway that's some perspective.

#6    khol

khol

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

my sighting was similar as it was completely star looking in appearence
tho only difference was it was very bright
stationary for 20 min
then abruptly moved to our left (wife and i) ...no acceleration...no sound...instant movement
not fast but at a steady pace
I chased it...it was dark..I was stumbling and lost it behind some trees...gone
mark,seeder if I could offer an explanation I would
I question everything and try not to jump to conclusons but this has me stumped

#7    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Interesting enough story...but as Libstak said ...how could you be so certain that they were on a collision course?...And you mentioned that the 'UFO' seemed to stop...how certain are you that it stopped?...and for how long?...could it not have been some kind of unknown [secret] military craft that was taking part in some kind of exercise?
The thing is, [and i'm really not trying to sound condescending or anything] that though i'm a supporter of the ETH, I require quite a bit more than strange lights in the sky to get me really interested. ...So just what is it about this episode that made you leap from unfamiliar sighting of a couple of lights [that may, or may not have been aware of each others presence?] in the same direction as your gaze...indicated an 'Alien Presence'?...I may be reading it wrong...but I can't see the deal breaker in your account?

Oh and by the way...are you the Journalist Mark Price from The Otago Daily Times?

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#8    khol

khol

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

as 1963 points out are you certain that it stopped?
possible that it was an aircraft on maneuvers that had leveled out and now your seeing the rear afterburn
it appears stationary at a distance yet is moving away ??
also banking hard up/down/sideways may have the same affect from a distance
appearing to instantly change direction
just suggestions  :hmm:

#9    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Hi Mark, Welcome to UM.

I have also seen unexplained flying lights (once). [my sighting]

I agree with other posters that you can't tell the exact location of an object like that in the sky. (Especially if you don't know it's size)

It would be nice to know if traffic control, military NORAD etc had any info. My biggest regret on the day of my sighting was that I didn't call Brisbane airport and ask if they knew what what I saw was....

Maybe it was this?

#10    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

All that matters is that the person doing the Sighting DOes the dealing with said Sighting ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#11    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

View Post1963, on 27 January 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

Interesting enough story...but as Libstak said ...how could you be so certain that they were on a collision course?...And you mentioned that the 'UFO' seemed to stop...how certain are you that it stopped?...and for how long?...could it not have been some kind of unknown [secret] military craft that was taking part in some kind of exercise?

It stopped for two seconds as the plane cleared the mountain, then it shot away before the plane flew under where it was for about three more seconds. At that point I was thinking WTH was that? I count the event as five seconds. Before it stopped I watched the satellite for maybe thirty seconds then noticed the plane approaching for another ten seconds, but didn't think anything was unusual until one of them stopped.

The thing is, [and i'm really not trying to sound condescending or anything] that though i'm a supporter of the ETH, I require quite a bit more than strange lights in the sky to get me really interested. ...So just what is it about this episode that made you leap from unfamiliar sighting of a couple of lights [that may, or may not have been aware of each others presence?] in the same direction as your gaze...indicated an 'Alien Presence'?...I may be reading it wrong...but I can't see the deal breaker in your account?

The way it interacted with the plane which passed about three thousand feet below where it had stopped. Thirty seconds to arrive then only three seconds to depart (out of sight). I tried to describe the geometry of it in the second post. The plane passed between me and the mountain so that distance is easy to judge. The "satellite" was angling down from the east while the plane approached from the north. I just follow each line of flight to see where they would intersect. The intersection was less than three miles away. Clear night with enough moon to see the plane, not just its lights. Alien because it was turned back by that little plane--anything else would have adjusted its course and kept on going, and what else can exit so fast without a sound?

Oh and by the way...are you the Journalist Mark Price from The Otago Daily Times?

No, that's not me.

#12    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,309 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 28 January 2014 - 03:18 AM, said:

It stopped for two seconds as the plane cleared the mountain, then it shot away before the plane flew under where it was for about three more seconds. At that point I was thinking WTH was that? I count the event as five seconds. Before it stopped I watched the satellite for maybe thirty seconds then noticed the plane approaching for another ten seconds, but didn't think anything was unusual until one of them stopped.

Do you, well you do feel they are related, but why? A small plane like that is as yo say not going to collide being at differing heights, is it possible that between observing the lane and the "light" that you misplaced footing and actually were studying several objects? That happened to me once, uneven ground made a satellite look like it had taken a 90 degree turn, but re orientating myself I found the problem was me all along.

Parallax error is a PITA at times.

The way it interacted with the plane which passed about three thousand feet below where it had stopped. Thirty seconds to arrive then only three seconds to depart (out of sight). I tried to describe the geometry of it in the second post. The plane passed between me and the mountain so that distance is easy to judge. The "satellite" was angling down from the east while the plane approached from the north. I just follow each line of flight to see where they would intersect. The intersection was less than three miles away. Clear night with enough moon to see the plane, not just its lights. Alien because it was turned back by that little plane--anything else would have adjusted its course and kept on going, and what else can exit so fast without a sound?

You really need more than one point to be accurate, I am not saying you are wrong, but this is how people "believe their own eyes" when they should not.

No, that's not me.

You are in the US aren't you? Otago is New Zealand, I used to have a place near there, it would be a hell of a drive to work each day..........

Unless of course....

you have a spaceship........

:D

Not uhhh keeping any secrets from us I hope.....

Edited by psyche101, 28 January 2014 - 08:26 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#13    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Its all in the details ! The Details can tell voulmes !
Direction,time , Weather Location. every detail can help in ones sightings ! Even the smallest of details !
Like were there any dogs barking? Anyone eles see it? Can to see to how far to the next point of reffrence ,And what was this reff?
The Details my Boy the Details!
Sorta Like investing In Plastic`s my Boy ! Plastics !
justDONTEATUS :tu:

Edited by DONTEATUS, 28 January 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#14    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Man, this place is dead without zoser here to stir everyone up into their frenzies.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#15    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

I like the increase in the I.Q level now !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users