Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Should Justin Bieber be deported?


  • Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Okay i am neutral on the whole Justin Bieber thing. I am just saying that now. However this begs the age old question why do Celebrities get Special Treatment over the rest over us normal non rich and famous people? OJ got away with Murder but thats another thread altogether. :whistle:
  • Failed a Sobriety test and got a DUI
  • Drag Racing
  • Eggs a Neighbors House causing $20,000 worth of damage
  • Drinking and Driving while he is not even old enough to DRINK!
  • Blocking an Open Road illegally to Drag Race in a 30mph Zone
  • Spitting in a Photographers face(I don't care who you are if you spit in someone's face you deserve to get the **** knocked out of you)
  • Resisting Arrest
  • Got pulled over prior to recent issues without a valid license.(Again wtf)
  • Spray Painting in Brazil
  • Kicking Argentina's flag
The stuff i just listed above is just some of the few things he has done according to various news article's just by typing in his name on Google. If it was anyone of us that did any of this stuff we would be thrown into prison or jail if convicted case closed no ifs, ands, or buts. Hell even President George W. Bush needed a Special Waiver to enter Canada. It doesn't sound like they are going to convict him from the news sources that i have read and are waiting for his "Maturity" to catch up with him since he has a lot of "talent".


#2    Almagest

Almagest

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Joined:16 Mar 2013

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

He's rich, he can act any way he wants in America.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#3    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Baseless Opinionator

  • Member
  • 3,103 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The heart of the New West

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostAlmagest, on 27 January 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

He's rich, he can act any way he wants in America.

Free markets at work man!

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."


#4    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Fudge

  • Member
  • 6,688 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

hes a piece of **** worthless impaired driving scumbag... other than that canada doesnt want him, send him to a small island and leave him there to die.

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish... Soldiers don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder... Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.  You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts.

#5    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Female

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Unless you deport him to the moon I'd say no, Why inflict THAT on innocent people. Let the aliens have him.


#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

    Queen of the UM Asylum

  • Member
  • 6,165 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#7    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 17,184 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • I love chocolate

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

He's going to crash and burn hard.  He'll keep spending money but it won't keep coming in and then there will be tax problems and then he will hang out with all of the other child stars that thought there fame would last until they were old in trailer parks and jail.


#8    toast

toast

    President of the Galaxy

  • Member
  • 5,414 posts
  • Joined:24 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg/Germany

  • Let there be Ziggy

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Nuke him! :yes:

Edited by toast, 27 January 2014 - 11:05 PM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#9    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Baseless Opinionator

  • Member
  • 3,103 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The heart of the New West

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 27 January 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

hes a piece of **** worthless impaired driving scumbag... other than that canada doesnt want him, send him to a small island and leave him there to die.

He's just a kid who was thrust on to the world stage, given obscene amounts of cash and let loose. Not trying to defend his actions(!), just being realistic. He's not doing anything outside the realm of normal teenage behavior IMO. Again, the difference between him and Johnny Smith in Nevada is millions of dollars. Johnny Smith drives a civc hatchback, Beiber drives an Audi R8 - both drink and act like jack-***es on the weekends.

On a much broader note, I've been fascinated lately with the very idea of kids and stardom. What does it do to a child psychologically when you rip them out of their element, (school, friends, parents,) and thrust them on to the world stage with MILLIONS of their peers screaming their name at every corner. There's no way I could have handled that at 16. Hell, even at 19 I would still be very uncertain about the whole thing. Inevitably this goes to your head and you begin to believe the hype, thinking your indestructible, thinking you can get away with anything short of murder because every person in your life is kissing your behind - and you're too green to realize that's their job.

Now fast-forward a few years to the downturn of the stardom. The kid is too old now, the fantasy is crumbling, he's not the hot topic he once was. What does it do to a person when you put them on the highest pedestal, deny them a normal childhood for years, then suddenly rip the chair legs out from under them and throw them back into normal society? Now, instead of a reality full of unconditional love from everyone you meet, you're yesterday's news. Everyone that used to care about you has moved on to the next big thing. For most of these kids, it seems their life is over before it even really begins.

I'll be honest; I feel pretty bad for those former teen-idols who's only publicity now is the expose' on the cover of People magazine detailing their hard drug habits and suicidal tendencies. The world stage is a cruel, deceptive mistress, methinks.

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."


#10    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined:03 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 27 January 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

He's just a kid who was thrust on to the world stage, given obscene amounts of cash and let loose. Not trying to defend his actions(!), just being realistic. He's not doing anything outside the realm of normal teenage behavior IMO. Again, the difference between him and Johnny Smith in Nevada is millions of dollars. Johnny Smith drives a civc hatchback, Beiber drives an Audi R8 - both drink and act like jack-***es on the weekends.

On a much broader note, I've been fascinated lately with the very idea of kids and stardom. What does it do to a child psychologically when you rip them out of their element, (school, friends, parents,) and thrust them on to the world stage with MILLIONS of their peers screaming their name at every corner. There's no way I could have handled that at 16. Hell, even at 19 I would still be very uncertain about the whole thing. Inevitably this goes to your head and you begin to believe the hype, thinking your indestructible, thinking you can get away with anything short of murder because every person in your life is kissing your behind - and you're too green to realize that's their job.

Now fast-forward a few years to the downturn of the stardom. The kid is too old now, the fantasy is crumbling, he's not the hot topic he once was. What does it do to a person when you put them on the highest pedestal, deny them a normal childhood for years, then suddenly rip the chair legs out from under them and throw them back into normal society? Now, instead of a reality full of unconditional love from everyone you meet, you're yesterday's news. Everyone that used to care about you has moved on to the next big thing. For most of these kids, it seems their life is over before it even really begins.

I'll be honest; I feel pretty bad for those former teen-idols who's only publicity now is the expose' on the cover of People magazine detailing their hard drug habits and suicidal tendencies. The world stage is a cruel, deceptive mistress, methinks.

Honestly I think it's the weak few who turn out that way, for example. Drew Barrymore was a child star who turned out fine, so is Leonardo DiCaprio, Jodie Foster, Christian Bale etc. If you turn out bad due to  everyone "kissing your ass" it has nothing to do with the environment but everything to do with what is obviously in you to begin with. Sure I will admit that Justin Bieber is somewhat bigger than any of the names I mentioned were when they were children but the reality still stays the same, if you are weak you will "rebel" and do stupid **** but if you are strong you will survive and thrive.


#11    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Baseless Opinionator

  • Member
  • 3,103 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The heart of the New West

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 27 January 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

Honestly I think it's the weak few who turn out that way, for example. Drew Barrymore was a child star who turned out fine, so is Leonardo DiCaprio, Jodie Foster, Christian Bale etc. If you turn out bad due to  everyone "kissing your ass" it has nothing to do with the environment but everything to do with what is obviously in you to begin with. Sure I will admit that Justin Bieber is somewhat bigger than any of the names I mentioned were when they were children but the reality still stays the same, if you are weak you will "rebel" and do stupid **** but if you are strong you will survive and thrive.

This is true. "There are exceptions to every rule". There are definitely child-stars who came out just fine (I wonder if there's a common denominator?) But even with grown actors, we can't deny that such an extreme amount of fame thrusts you into such a different reality that must be fairly tough to reverse the effects of.

Edit to add--

How do you stay grounded when everyone around you is telling you that essentially the second-coming? After 5 years of that, how do you not start to believe it?

Edited by Dark_Grey, 27 January 2014 - 11:22 PM.

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."


#12    Lilly

Lilly

    Forum Divinity

  • 19,274 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Female

  • "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

Uh...you can only deport someone if they aren't a citizen. Was 'the Bieber' born in a country other than the USA? If not, then you can't deport him.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#13    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 27 January 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

He's just a kid who was thrust on to the world stage, given obscene amounts of cash and let loose. Not trying to defend his actions(!), just being realistic. He's not doing anything outside the realm of normal teenage behavior IMO. Again, the difference between him and Johnny Smith in Nevada is millions of dollars. Johnny Smith drives a civc hatchback, Beiber drives an Audi R8 - both drink and act like jack-***es on the weekends.

On a much broader note, I've been fascinated lately with the very idea of kids and stardom. What does it do to a child psychologically when you rip them out of their element, (school, friends, parents,) and thrust them on to the world stage with MILLIONS of their peers screaming their name at every corner. There's no way I could have handled that at 16. Hell, even at 19 I would still be very uncertain about the whole thing. Inevitably this goes to your head and you begin to believe the hype, thinking your indestructible, thinking you can get away with anything short of murder because every person in your life is kissing your behind - and you're too green to realize that's their job.

Now fast-forward a few years to the downturn of the stardom. The kid is too old now, the fantasy is crumbling, he's not the hot topic he once was. What does it do to a person when you put them on the highest pedestal, deny them a normal childhood for years, then suddenly rip the chair legs out from under them and throw them back into normal society? Now, instead of a reality full of unconditional love from everyone you meet, you're yesterday's news. Everyone that used to care about you has moved on to the next big thing. For most of these kids, it seems their life is over before it even really begins.

I agree with you 100%. However Justin Bieber has made enough money to last 100 life times for any normal person. If he spends it wisely even when his fame dies out as he gets older he should be set for life.

Edited by stevemagegod, 27 January 2014 - 11:23 PM.


#14    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined:03 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 27 January 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

This is true. "There are exceptions to every rule". There are definitely child-stars who came out just fine (I wonder if there's a common denominator?) But even with grown actors, we can't deny that such an extreme amount of fame thrusts you into such a different reality that must be fairly tough to reverse the effects of.

I reckon the difference might very well be down to the parents. Whether or not they are willing to take a stand and say no to things and to keep their kid grounded. I'm not sure about the parents of any of the people I mentioned or for that fact (for the most part) the parents of children to turned into a train wreak. Only real example I could take are the parents of Lindsey Lohan and Michael Jackson, no with Lohan I think we can all admit it's been a train wreak for a while now but with Jackson it still was a train wreak but in a different fashion. But all in all we are defined by our actions not our words. Whether it be who it is around that defines you or if you choose to define yourself.


#15    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

View PostLilly, on 27 January 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

Uh...you can only deport someone if they aren't a citizen. Was 'the Bieber' born in a country other than the USA? If not, then you can't deport him.

He was born in Canada. So yes he can be deported. Thats why there is a petition online hat has 46,692+ Signatures.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users