Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Ghost' photo captured outside Cecil Hotel

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,090 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) --  The Cecil Hotel was once a part-time home to serial killer "The Night Stalker" and murder victim "The Black Dahlia," but it may now be home to a haunting new visitor.
An Eyewitness News viewer claims to have captured a ghostly image outside of the famous downtown Los Angeles hotel.
Koston Alderete, a Riverside boy with a love of scary films and ghost stories, took the picture, which shows a ghostly figure outside a fourth floor window. He says it looks a little too real.

Click to read more and to see the photo: http://abclocal.go.c...arre&id=9409571

Another blurry photo

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#2    AZDZ

AZDZ

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

Yep, very blurry. Worth a closer look though...

I see a 'man' standing on the ledge of a window facing inwards, his body seems to be half inside, half outside the glass,  he's wearing a blue shirt and grey slacks with his right leg slightly raised as if walking, his left arm appears to be bleeding at the elbow and that hand appears to be holding something white. However, another white object is visible to the left of the 'hand', (which become a glowing pair of eyes when stared at long enough ;))

His head*, right shoulder and most of his back is covered or masked with a black mass in a shape resembling Mickey Mouse head, *"Mickeys' right ear (your left) could be the mans head, tilted slightly to the left, and up.

Not saying it is a ghost or a hoax, just describing what I see.

The Great STS-48 ZIG-ZAG UFO explained by Jim Oberg
Art & UFOs? No Thanks, Only Art shared by psyche101
McMinnville UFO Pictures debunked shared by psyche101

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,273 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Seriously? taking a picture of someone fixing or cleaning a window, blurring it up and trying to pass it off as a ghost is so so childish!
Oh, and here it is!

Koston Alderete, a Riverside boy with a love of scary films and ghost stories,

http://abclocal.go.c...arre&id=9409571

Posted Image

#4    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,090 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 29 January 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Seriously? taking a picture of someone fixing or cleaning a window, blurring it up and trying to pass it off as a ghost is so so childish!
Oh, and here it is!

Posted Image

It's a cellphone, The pixels are poor and he had enlarged the image, distorting it further.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,273 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 29 January 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

It's a cellphone, The pixels are poor and he had enlarged the image, distorting it further.
Ah, the plot thickens, a ghost with a cellphone, guess this will put a few Mediums out of business.

#6    MrBene

MrBene

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Mmm too blurry to tell to be honest.

#7    TheMustardLady

TheMustardLady

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 6,083 posts

• The temp poster of Stubbly_Dooright who wants to solve everything with mustard! :D

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostAZDZ, on 29 January 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Yep, very blurry. Worth a closer look though...

I see a 'man' standing on the ledge of a window facing inwards, his body seems to be half inside, half outside the glass,  he's wearing a blue shirt and grey slacks with his right leg slightly raised as if walking, his left arm appears to be bleeding at the elbow and that hand appears to be holding something white. However, another white object is visible to the left of the 'hand', (which become a glowing pair of eyes when stared at long enough ;))

His head*, right shoulder and most of his back is covered or masked with a black mass in a shape resembling Mickey Mouse head, *"Mickeys' right ear (your left) could be the mans head, tilted slightly to the left, and up.

Not saying it is a ghost or a hoax, just describing what I see.
Wow, I think you are able to see more than I can see. Although, I think I do see something myself. I do see what appears to be a man on the window's ledge with his back to the window. It looks like a suicide jumper and the article said that the hotel had it's share of suicides, right? The hand that looks like it's holding something white, could be his hand. I have noticed in various pictures and videos that have captured 'ghosts' show them with white hands, faces, and feet.
I didn't realize that this is the same hotel that had the body in the roof water tower. I remember that bit of news last year.

View Postfreetoroam, on 29 January 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Oh, and here it is!

Posted Image
The person looks kind of transparent to me, and it looks like their back is facing the window. How are they cleaning the window, with it's butt?

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
Don't walk in front of me; I was not born to follow. Don't walk behind me; We were all born to lead. Don't walk without me; I might need you tomorrow. Walk right beside me, Be the real friend I need.  (Celtic Woman)

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,273 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostStubbly_Dooright, on 30 January 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

The person looks kind of transparent to me, and it looks like their back is facing the window. How are they cleaning the window, with it's butt?
From that blurry photo it is impossible to make any real theory on what the person is doing, but he definitely has his butt facing outwards.
But whether he is facing outwards, inwards or upside down, it is NOT a ghost.

#9    TheMustardLady

TheMustardLady

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 6,083 posts

• The temp poster of Stubbly_Dooright who wants to solve everything with mustard! :D

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 30 January 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

From that blurry photo it is impossible to make any real theory on what the person is doing, but he definitely has his butt facing outwards.
But whether he is facing outwards, inwards or upside down, it is NOT a ghost.
well to me, that looks likes the knees. I wonder how it can be proven how it's definately not a ghost. Mostly so,
If the picture is blurry. I'm not stating it's definately a ghost, I'm just wondering how there is proof that it's definately not.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
Don't walk in front of me; I was not born to follow. Don't walk behind me; We were all born to lead. Don't walk without me; I might need you tomorrow. Walk right beside me, Be the real friend I need.  (Celtic Woman)

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,273 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostStubbly_Dooright, on 30 January 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

well to me, that looks likes the knees. I wonder how it can be proven how it's definately not a ghost. Mostly so,
If the picture is blurry. I'm not stating it's definately a ghost, I'm just wondering how there is proof that it's definately not.
Only one photo of a possible ghost, personally I would be clicking away and getting as many photos as possible. ONE blurry photo by a kid  with a love of scary films and ghost stories is also an indication of an eager imagination to get into the news.
Its not difficult to take a photo nowadays to prove something, but to blur it up....well that has suspicion written all over it. WE ARE NOT FOOLS and were not born yesterday.
BUT the real thing is, it is not up to us to prove it is a ghost, its up to the photographer to prove it is, and he has seriously failed at that.

Edited by freetoroam, 30 January 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#11    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 29 January 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

Another blurry photo

http://sd.keepcalm-o...stay-lame-3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users