Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Speculation on the nature of the Bible


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 3,568 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

I've been thinking. Well, that's a really bad way to get me...distracted from surroundings. Cannabis should work much better.

You know...maybe we should see the Scripture from a very different perspective. It was never meant to be studied or analyzed.

It's quite possible that folks who assembled the Bible in the current form NEVER expected average people to read it. Well, that explains a lot of things.

All the contradictions in the Bible were, in fact, well-known from the day one. Creating one single coherent, iron-clad codex was never the goal of Church fathers.

They really didn't expect the Bible to be translated to other languages. And even worse, they would never imagine any lay person even attempt to read through the entire Bible. To modern people, it's exactly like going to a local library and read everything from A to Z.

There were more than a couple of reason why most people were not allowed to access to the Scripture. Now I know why. The Church knew the danger of it. They certainly knew that it could be exploited for evil purposes. The last thing they wanted was The Word being available to everyone, for a good reason.

It was simply meant to be an idol. Nothing more. When people started to take its content seriously, tragedy started.


#2    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The heart of the New West

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

View Postambelamba, on 29 January 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

I've been thinking. Well, that's a really bad way to get me...distracted from surroundings. Cannabis should work much better.

You know...maybe we should see the Scripture from a very different perspective. It was never meant to be studied or analyzed.

It's quite possible that folks who assembled the Bible in the current form NEVER expected average people to read it. Well, that explains a lot of things.

All the contradictions in the Bible were, in fact, well-known from the day one. Creating one single coherent, iron-clad codex was never the goal of Church fathers.

They really didn't expect the Bible to be translated to other languages. And even worse, they would never imagine any lay person even attempt to read through the entire Bible. To modern people, it's exactly like going to a local library and read everything from A to Z.

There were more than a couple of reason why most people were not allowed to access to the Scripture. Now I know why. The Church knew the danger of it. They certainly knew that it could be exploited for evil purposes. The last thing they wanted was The Word being available to everyone, for a good reason.

It was simply meant to be an idol. Nothing more. When people started to take its content seriously, tragedy started.

"Knowledge is power" - that can't be stated enough. Controlling the information that your followers receive is a fantastically effective way to keep them subservient. For how long did the Catholic church capitalize on the lack of education? It can be very dangerous when only a handful of people are "qualified" to interpret scriptures. I mean, look what Joseph Smith pulled off: he was the only one who could translate the magical golden plates he found, which means he was the only one who could dictate how his followers were supposed to act.

Yeah.

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf


#3    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 3,568 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 29 January 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

"Knowledge is power" - that can't be stated enough. Controlling the information that your followers receive is a fantastically effective way to keep them subservient. For how long did the Catholic church capitalize on the lack of education? It can be very dangerous when only a handful of people are "qualified" to interpret scriptures. I mean, look what Joseph Smith pulled off: he was the only one who could translate the magical golden plates he found, which means he was the only one who could dictate how his followers were supposed to act.

Yeah.

That wasn't what I meant. What Catholic Church did was in fact a quarantine.


#4    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The heart of the New West

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

View Postambelamba, on 29 January 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

There were more than a couple of reason why most people were not allowed to access to the Scripture. Now I know why. The Church knew the danger of it. They certainly knew that it could be exploited for evil purposes. The last thing they wanted was The Word being available to everyone, for a good reason.

It was simply meant to be an idol. Nothing more. When people started to take its content seriously, tragedy started.

...so why does it say in the Bible to preach the word to everyone you meet? Not a very effective way to keep the book hidden...

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf


#5    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 3,568 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 29 January 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

...so why does it say in the Bible to preach the word to everyone you meet? Not a very effective way to keep the book hidden...

That's one question that I couldn't really answer. In fact, I decided not to think about it anymore, for the sanity's sake.

Well...maybe one way to see it is that it's some kind of...well...malware to be activated when accessed?


#6    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The heart of the New West

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

View Postambelamba, on 29 January 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

That's one question that I couldn't really answer. In fact, I decided not to think about it anymore, for the sanity's sake.

Well...maybe one way to see it is that it's some kind of...well...malware to be activated when accessed?

If there were passages in there about hiding the true message, or keeping the book secret, that would lend credence to your theory.
I do agree that when the book was written, it probably wasn't written with the foresight that one day anyone could put it under a microscope. In fact, I would put good money down that the monks who did the translating were very aware that only a select few would be able to read it period.

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf


#7    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 3,568 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

And I am pretty sure monks knew the problems with Scripture very well.


#8    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,728 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Skaro

  • ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

In judaism it's a common theme that Priest's can only touch Holy relics/Texts, and inside the Temple of the Holy of Holies the High Priest is only allowed to enter once a year.There is even OT scriptue that says the handicapped is not allowed anywhere near the Temple it's self not to mention menstruating Women.

Posted Image
Leviticus 14 2 Peter 1:16
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <--Science of belief

#9    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 3,568 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 30 January 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

In judaism it's a common theme that Priest's can only touch Holy relics/Texts, and inside the Temple of the Holy of Holies the High Priest is only allowed to enter once a year.There is even OT scriptue that says the handicapped is not allowed anywhere near the Temple it's self not to mention menstruating Women.

But...sometimes I wonder if OT reflects the ideas of a certain fringe extremists among Israelite, not the whole population and history.


#10    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,462 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

  • "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

View Postambelamba, on 30 January 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

But...sometimes I wonder if OT reflects the ideas of a certain fringe extremists among Israelite, not the whole population and history.

It reflects the emotion of the prophet/preacher.  Def. not the whole population and history.  Lot's of exaggeration.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious
conviction." - Blaise Pascal


930

#11    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,728 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Skaro

  • ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

View Postambelamba, on 30 January 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

But...sometimes I wonder if OT reflects the ideas of a certain fringe extremists among Israelite, not the whole population and history.

It reflects many things whatever the many writers wanted people to believe at the time.There have been instances at insulting other races, and tribes with satiracal stories that people believe as true today.

Posted Image
Leviticus 14 2 Peter 1:16
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <--Science of belief

#12    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,922 posts
  • Joined:01 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:oklahoma

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

View Postambelamba, on 29 January 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

And I am pretty sure monks knew the problems with Scripture very well.
I get the impression that some of the transcribers were barely literate to begin with.  Deep thoughts were the purview of those farther up the hierarchy.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#13    holycheddar

holycheddar

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined:28 Jan 2014
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

not only did thy not expect the common man to have acess to the bible, they also took stories from other religions. to cover this fact they claim any other religion is a false religion created by the devil to keep people from finding out the stories were stolen. and then the church, in order to keep people from celebrating paganistic holidays, they shove THEIR holidays ontop of them in hopes to irradicate an older "false" religion. THEN they steal ideal,i.e. heaven and hell, to scare people into following their religion. christianity is a tool used to gain power over weak willed and weak minded people.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users