Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

First woman in the UK to DIE from cannabis...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,146 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Devout Christian mother-of-three, 31, becomes first woman in Britain to DIE from cannabis poisoning after smoking a joint in bed

* Gemma Moss had moderate to high levels of the drug in her system
    * It is believed mother-of-three suffered a heart attack triggered by the drug
    * Usually, deaths associated with drug are a result of mixing it with alcohol

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2rtsgcZW7

Sad, but why mention she was a devout Christian?

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 3,092 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

View Postseeder, on 30 January 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Sad, but why mention she was a devout Christian?

Good question. Probably to develop sympathy...biased reporting.

[read article]

Ok so she smoked half a joint before bed and died of a heart attack. The biggest anti-pot advocate on the planet would have to agree there are other factors involved here. The article also mentions she was on anti-depressants and other medication, as well as alcohol possibly being involved. The stress alone of being unemployed and so on could very well have weakened her heart along with whatever possible damage may have existed before (she does sound like she liked to party.) Was the cannabis the cause of death? Short answer is "yes". Was it the direct cause of death? That's debatable, imho.

Edit to add-- I love the last comment on that page: "she looks really devout from her pictures." :tsu:

Edited by Dark_Grey, 30 January 2014 - 04:45 PM.

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,146 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

So just say NO kids.. Unfortunately I didnt (when younger)  I remember one time I locked the keys in my car when really stoned... took me over an hour to get out..

theres a reason its called dope

Edited by seeder, 30 January 2014 - 05:13 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

What a tragedy, but why mention the pot? Why mention her faith?

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,573 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

Being a Christian and smoking pot is a deadly combination.

#6    S.Tx.Rocker

S.Tx.Rocker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

I think it's a crock of you know what. The only way it could happen is if it was laced with something she didn't know about (angel dust, lsd, who knows). The article also mentions she was on anti-depressants and other medication, as well as alcohol possibly being involved. It sounds to me like maybe the coroner was coerced to fudge his or her report to show pot negatively, because maybe the UK doesn't want legalization over there for some reason or other. They see legalization starting in the US and don't want it to happen there. That's just my opinion.  Even if you smoke crappy pot, the worse that can happen is a sore throat and a lot of coughing.

#7    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

God punished her, oh mercy lord! :wacko:

Posted Image

Edited by ShadowBoy86x, 30 January 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#8    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 3,092 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostS.Tx.Rocker, on 30 January 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

It sounds to me like maybe the coroner was coerced to fudge his or her report to show pot negatively, because maybe the UK doesn't want legalization over there for some reason or other. They see legalization starting in the US and don't want it to happen there.

They paint her as a devout Christian (with pictures of her at the bar?) and then twist the doctor's words to print the answer they want. But guess what: the propaganda doesn't work anymore. People aren't buying this nonsense like they used to. You can't win - cannabis is here to stay.

Lucy Dawe, from the anti-cannabis group Cannabis Skunk Sense, said: 'People who are pro-cannabis will say it won't kill any body but unfortunately it does.
'It is very upsetting because we now have three young people with no mother and the mother probably thought she was doing something perfectly safe.
'Along with death, cannabis can also cause a lot of other problems like psychosis, chronic depression, strokes, and anxiety.
'These effects need to be something that are generally well-known. People think because cannabis is a plant it won't be dangerous but it leads people to a false sense of security.'

lol ok.

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,146 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

Some folks have died from drinking water... too much anyway

Strange but True: Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill

Earlier this year, a 28-year-old California woman died after competing in a radio station's on-air water-drinking contest. After downing some six liters of water in three hours in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" (Nintendo game console) contest, Jennifer Strange vomited, went home with a splitting headache, and died from so-called water intoxication.

http://www.scientifi...water-can-kill/

I just think if your number is up, then thats it..

#10    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

hmmmmm i thought the title was a joke as it would be impossible to die from marijuana, you do get an increased heart rate but an increased heart rate may only be a problem for some one with a dodgy ticker.  it would take like 200 grams smoked in one puff to kill you, costs ten pound a gram, i doubt shes rich enough to make a joint that would be that big.

Edited by Ever Learning, 30 January 2014 - 06:28 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#11    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Isn't this just one of those 'what's okay for some isn't okay for others' story? I mean, you have some people who smoke cigarettes like they're a chimney and don't die till they're ninety, then you have others who smoke for a few years and end up with cancer. PEOPLE HAVE VARYING RISK FACTORS?! :o

CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION

Edited by Hasina, 30 January 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#12    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

POPULAR

this is false
she died of a heart attack. just because she smoked pot does not mean that is what caused her attack. what a load of agenda loaded crap.
Reefer Madness anyone?

#13    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,410 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

I am sceptical of the findings. A post-mortem examination is not necessarily a full autopsy, which I consider would be necessary to make this claim with any degree of certainty.

I'm not suggesting a full autopsy be performed, only that the fact she smoked half a joint became a convenient scapegoat.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#14    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

View Postseeder, on 30 January 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Some folks have died from drinking water... too much anyway

Strange but True: Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill

Earlier this year, a 28-year-old California woman died after competing in a radio station's on-air water-drinking contest. After downing some six liters of water in three hours in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" (Nintendo game console) contest, Jennifer Strange vomited, went home with a splitting headache, and died from so-called water intoxication.

http://www.scientifi...water-can-kill/

I just think if your number is up, then thats it..

Same thing happened to Leah Betts...but it was easier to say Ecstacy killed her (because it was the E that made her thirsty, and lack of knowledge made her keep drinking large amounts in a very short period of time). Not advocating E's, just saying the media never tell the truth and arm people with the right info when it comes to drugs.

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,146 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 30 January 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

Same thing happened to Leah Betts...but it was easier to say Ecstacy killed her (because it was the E that made her thirsty, and lack of knowledge made her keep drinking large amounts in a very short period of time). Not advocating E's, just saying the media never tell the truth and arm people with the right info when it comes to drugs.

Exactly right. :tu:

Then the Essex Boys were shot! For those that know..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users