Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

New Species of 200 Million-Year-Old Phytosaur

phytosaur machaeroprosopus lottorum museum of texas tech university new species

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,547 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

A new species of an ancient phytosaur has been unearthed following an examination of the remains of one the ancient creatures found in Texas.

Scientists from the Museum of Texas Tech University discovered the creature, which had died and sank to the bottom of a lake approximately 205 million years ago.

http://uk.news.yahoo...67.html#wZ0PmL1

Posted Image

#2    13Homerun13

13Homerun13

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 171 posts

• "If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?" - Anthrax, Schism

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

If it's like a crocodile, I wouldn't expect it to have gone extint, since crocodiles and sharks live so long and really haven't changed. I would think we'd still be seeing this phytosaur.

#3    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

Or they are victoriously wrong since the carbon dating science is like playing lottery. Could be just a regular crocodile.

Edited by qxcontinuum, 01 February 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#4    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,098 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

They are certainly wrong if they used carbon dating, considering it's only good to around 60,000 years before present.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#5    Harry_Dresden

Harry_Dresden

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• Good morning all...nice to see the assassins have all failed.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

Just goes to show how perfectly designed by nature the crocodilian is...200 million years and still immune to evolutionary pressures.

#6    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,098 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:11 AM

But not immune to Cajuns

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#7    Harry_Dresden

Harry_Dresden

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• Good morning all...nice to see the assassins have all failed.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

Ahhh... The Cajuns and their love of swampy delights have projected them to the top of the food chain...serves the crocodilians right for tasting like chicken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users