Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the Nazis develop a biological weapon ?

UM-Bot

Recently discovered records suggest that Nazi scientists attempted to use mosquitoes as weapons.

While it is known that both the Allies and the Japanese had been working on creating offensive biological weapons during World War II, details of what the Germans had been up to in that area have not been quite so forthcoming.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/261779/did-the-nazis-develop-a-biological-weapon

I've never heard reference to that before even when I visited Dachau.I have read Churchill considered dropping anthrax on Berlin,that would've been particularly nasty

Hitler was opposed to it because he thought the British would align with him at first, and he didn't want it to happen to german citizens as well.

Seems like they were just trying to find the most painful way to kill, as far as I'm concerned.

I seem to recall Hitler was flatly against biological warfare after surviving a gas attack in WWI.

• Like 1

Anyone heard of Plum Island? The scientist there were a mix of German and Americans. They messed up a few times and now we can thank them for Lyme Ticks and some of the Mosquitoes that were modified.

Anyone heard of Plum Island? The scientist there were a mix of German and Americans. They messed up a few times and now we can thank them for Lyme Ticks and some of the Mosquitoes that were modified.

I seem to recall Hitler was flatly against biological warfare after surviving a gas attack in WWI.

Not that Hitler was a man of reason, but chemical weapons are not biological weapons.

There was a large chemical weapon factory in West Berlin that the allies had to avoid shelling as they entered the city. The Nazis didn't seem to have any plans for these weapons though.