Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did the Nazis develop a biological weapon ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Recently discovered records suggest that Nazi scientists attempted to use mosquitoes as weapons.

While it is known that both the Allies and the Japanese had been working on creating offensive biological weapons during World War II, details of what the Germans had been up to in that area have not been quite so forthcoming.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ological-weapon

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

I've never heard reference to that before even when I visited Dachau.I have read Churchill considered dropping anthrax on Berlin,that would've been particularly nasty

#3    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Hitler was opposed to it because he thought the British would align with him at first, and he didn't want it to happen to german citizens as well.

Seems like they were just trying to find the most painful way to kill, as far as I'm concerned.

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,776 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

I seem to recall Hitler was flatly against biological warfare after surviving a gas attack in WWI.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    TheCanadianBear

TheCanadianBear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

Anyone heard of Plum Island?  The scientist there were a mix of German and Americans. They messed up a few times and now we can thank them for Lyme Ticks and some of the Mosquitoes that were modified.

View PostTheCanadianBear, on 03 February 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Anyone heard of Plum Island?  The scientist there were a mix of German and Americans. They messed up a few times and now we can thank them for Lyme Ticks and some of the Mosquitoes that were modified.

#6    Calsoil

Calsoil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Recently discovered, I'd say more like fabricated, monuments men is opening soon, this just adds to the hype.

#7    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 03 February 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

I seem to recall Hitler was flatly against biological warfare after surviving a gas attack in WWI.

Not that Hitler was a man of reason, but chemical weapons are not biological weapons.

There was a large chemical weapon factory in West Berlin that the allies had to avoid shelling as they entered the city. The Nazis didn't seem to have any plans for these weapons though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users