Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Dyatlov Pass incident Solved at last?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,172 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Were nine hardy skiers who died in the Siberian snow 55 years ago driven MAD by freak wind patterns? Author claims modern weather science has SOLVED the 1959 'Dyatlov Pass' incident

New research into rare weather phenomena has suggested that a 'perfect storm' could have struck the campers in the night, panicking them so much that they would have fled the tent, and fallen victim to the brutal cold before they came to their senses.

Donnie Eichar, who spent five years researching the incident, and undertook the dangerous trek himself, believes that a wind phenomenon called a Karman vortex street could have produced a terrifying, powerful sound which is proven to induce irrational fear in humans.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2sFYdduEB

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

It's an interesting idea, that I covered in part in an earlier thread, and begins to look very convincing, though I think it will be difficult to pronounce QED on this as the evidence and culprit is wind, thin air. But this effect combined with a snowslip looks likely to be the real deal, certainly far more realistic, though less interesting, than yeti or UFO.

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,382 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Previous thread -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=250435

It's a long read!

Posted Image

#4    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,398 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

That was my conclusion to, a freak wind storm.

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I used to stay in Karman Vortex Street!  I blame my baldness on it.

#6    snowyriver

snowyriver

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:31 PM

Picture in one of the cameras showed a mysterious creature about 300 yds away standing by a tree.. The diary of one of the hikers said.. " we know the snoman exists."
Most of the hikers had wounds that could not have been inflicted by humans. The girls tongue was ripped out.. There was blood in her stomach, indicating she swallowed blood after the tongue was removed.
  There is an unsolved mystery here.

#7    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,905 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:39 PM

View Postsnowyriver, on 18 March 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

Picture in one of the cameras showed a mysterious creature about 300 yds away standing by a tree.. The diary of one of the hikers said.. " we know the snoman exists."
Most of the hikers had wounds that could not have been inflicted by humans. The girls tongue was ripped out.. There was blood in her stomach, indicating she swallowed blood after the tongue was removed.

Doubtful.

#8    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,476 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:53 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 18 March 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

Doubtful.

Why?

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#9    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,398 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

To many questions and doubts of a freak storm, why didn't they stay together to survive?

#10    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

View Postsnowyriver, on 18 March 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

Pure BS. Link please, or, else, you just making stuff up. I can easily claim: The diary of one of the hikers said.. "we know fairies exist".

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#11    Vlawde

Vlawde

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

Predators had gotten to the bodies. And this is the first I'd heard about any "creature" in a photo, and I've read a fair amount about this case and never heard that mentioned before. I'm guessing it may be an add-on, like how people "enhance" stories that get passed along

#12    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,476 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

How could a storm rip out someones tongue?

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#13    Vlawde

Vlawde

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:23 PM

Predators. The bodies were there for a time before being found

#14    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,398 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:29 PM

I still believe it was a big fight in the tent causing the tent to collapse, that made them all separate after wards.

#15    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,905 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostBloodflower, on 19 March 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

How could a storm rip out someones tongue?

Thats called scavenging animals, or else they fell and bit their own tongue off (yes, that can happen).
Everything that happened there is easily explainable, the only unknown is what scared them from their tents. It wasn't an avalanche. The wind theory IMHO is the best one I have seen yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users