Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Dyatlov Pass incident Solved at last?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,242 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Were nine hardy skiers who died in the Siberian snow 55 years ago driven MAD by freak wind patterns? Author claims modern weather science has SOLVED the 1959 'Dyatlov Pass' incident

New research into rare weather phenomena has suggested that a 'perfect storm' could have struck the campers in the night, panicking them so much that they would have fled the tent, and fallen victim to the brutal cold before they came to their senses.

Donnie Eichar, who spent five years researching the incident, and undertook the dangerous trek himself, believes that a wind phenomenon called a Karman vortex street could have produced a terrifying, powerful sound which is proven to induce irrational fear in humans.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2sFYdduEB

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

It's an interesting idea, that I covered in part in an earlier thread, and begins to look very convincing, though I think it will be difficult to pronounce QED on this as the evidence and culprit is wind, thin air. But this effect combined with a snowslip looks likely to be the real deal, certainly far more realistic, though less interesting, than yeti or UFO.

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,630 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Previous thread -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=250435

It's a long read!

Posted Image

#4    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,652 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

That was my conclusion to, a freak wind storm.

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,505 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I used to stay in Karman Vortex Street!  I blame my baldness on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users