Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Investigate 9/11 Super Bowl Interview

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2012 replies to this topic

#31    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,583 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 03 February 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Liberty dies to thunderous applause, and even mentioning the truth in an age of near universal deception is a radical act, as demonstrated by many of the remarks here.

Orwell and Mencken knew that in the last century.
That's pretty cute coming from a guy who has to make up lies about nuclear physics just to keep a pet theory going.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#32    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 03 February 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Liberty dies to thunderous applause, and even mentioning the truth in an age of near universal deception is a radical act, as demonstrated by many of the remarks here.

Orwell and Mencken knew that in the last century.

This moron barging into an interview to peddle his ridiculous CT has nothing to do with liberty, nothing.  Liberty does NOT mean you have a right to do anything you please at any time to anyone, that is barbarism and chaos.  Smith would have been justified knocking this lunatic out as he had no idea what the man was up to and he could've easily had a knife or other weapon.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#33    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostMerc14, on 03 February 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

This moron barging into an interview to peddle his ridiculous CT has nothing to do with liberty, nothing.  Liberty does NOT mean you have a right to do anything you please at any time to anyone, that is barbarism and chaos.  Smith would have been justified knocking this lunatic out as he had no idea what the man was up to and he could've easily had a knife or other weapon.

Your point is well taken, and I agree the guy was rude up to a certain point.

But you call that barbarism?

Here's an example of barbarism Merc--waterboarding people is barbarism.  Torture of any kind is barbarism.

Killing people from on high as they sleep in their homes or attend funerals or weddings is barbarism.

Barbarism is governing without the rule of law, one step beyond tyranny.

Barbarism is forcing women to have back alley abortions.  Barbarism is burning entire villages in Vietnam, and methodically killing all the fleeing women and children.

You need to update your dictionary Merc.

That fellow wasn't acting barbaric, just rude.  There is a difference.

#34    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Lol... This thread is reminding me of Kanye West doing this to Taylor Swift and Obama calling West a Jackass.

I'm a bit torn. A little piece of me says "Yay dooder for having the nuggets to do that." Kind of the same way when someone decides to streak on a game field. Like wow. The rest of me just thinks he's rude for doing this.

#35    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 03 February 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Your point is well taken, and I agree the guy was rude up to a certain point.

But you call that barbarism?

Here's an example of barbarism Merc--waterboarding people is barbarism.  Torture of any kind is barbarism.

Killing people from on high as they sleep in their homes or attend funerals or weddings is barbarism.

Barbarism is governing without the rule of law, one step beyond tyranny.

Barbarism is forcing women to have back alley abortions.  Barbarism is burning entire villages in Vietnam, and methodically killing all the fleeing women and children.

You need to update your dictionary Merc.

That fellow wasn't acting barbaric, just rude.  There is a difference.

I think you misunderstand what I said purposely to take this on another tack.  I said "Liberty does NOT mean you have a right to do anything you please at any time to anyone, that is barbarism and chaos."  This wasn't in reference to this individual but it was in reference to your statement that condemning this dolt for his actions was an assault on liberty.  I agree he was being rude but he was also breaking the law and posing a threat to the player and the interviewer and they have every right o protect themselves.  The rest of your diatribe belongs in another thread entirely and how in the hell you can get my feelings on torture and bombing from condemning the 911 truther is beyond me.

#36    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Too late to edit my previous post, #34. But yes, we do have a thread here about the West/Swift/Obama thing: http://www.unexplain...pic=164051&st=0

#37    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 03 February 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Some might argue the reason 'this world has been falling apart' is because people are more committed to their favourite sports team than national politics, letting corporate entities control their ruling bodies.

I hate politics. I do not vote anymore. I will not vote for the " lesser of two evils "...Until someone I like and agree with runs, I am not voting.

Now, my favorite team was beaten by the saints, and were not playing in the Superbowl. I was watching the interview, and I was watching it to hear the players talk about football. I did not, nor do not want to hear about, or talk about politics while watching this.( nor did anyone else ) If I did, I would watch CNN.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#38    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 03 February 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

...and the creme de la creme:

You people crack me up. Seriously. The stupidity really makes me laugh. You like to try to get people mad, because you have no answers to educated, honest replies. You just quote, and add a little quote to try to keep it going.

Again, I ask, where did I go off the rails?......I know you can not answer this, because I have not.....I am laughing typing this, so I still do not get you.

I know you want the last word, all ( most ) of you CTers do, so it is all yours....You win, you got the Gold Medal.

$100 bucks you can not go without replying, and getting the last word....Prove me wrong.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#39    Stundie

Stundie

Poltergeist

• 2,563 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostSakari, on 03 February 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

You people crack me up. Seriously. The stupidity really makes me laugh. You like to try to get people mad, because you have no answers to educated, honest replies.
Do honest replies consist of putting their asses on the ground and getting them arrested. lol

Edited by Stundie, 04 February 2014 - 12:53 AM.

There is no such thing as magic, just magicians and fools.

#40    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

View Postjohnnya254, on 03 February 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

Goes to show just how ignorant 911 Truthers are, but I knew that when I had to correct them on many things, such as their claim that a pod was attached to United 175. Apparently, they failed to understand that they misidentified aerodynamic fairings and MLG doors that are standard on all B-767s.

Edited by skyeagle409, 04 February 2014 - 03:26 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#41    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:45 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 04 February 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

Goes to show just how ignorant 911 Truthers are, but I knew that when I had to correct them on many things, such as their claim that a pod was attached to United 175. Apparently, they failed to understand that they misidentified aerodynamic fairings and MLG doors that are standard on all B-767s.

It's absurd isn't it?  Their research consists entirely of visiting other truther sites, which is unforgivable when so much info is available form a monitor, and then defending every absurdity imaginable.

#42    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,156 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:06 AM

View PostMerc14, on 04 February 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

It's absurd isn't it?  Their research consists entirely of visiting other truther sites, which is unforgivable when so much info is available form a monitor, and then defending every absurdity imaginable.

Yes indeed! I also had to correct the truthers when they misidentified Delta 1989, a B-767, as United 93, which was a B-757. They even misidentified scientist that had just disembarked from a KC-135 as passengers from United 93.

Now, a few truthers are saying that no aircraft struck the WTC buildings. Simply amazing!!

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#43    Stundie

Stundie

Poltergeist

• 2,563 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:28 AM

I also had to correct a pantomime debunker who had counting problems.

They thought that thousands of demolition experts agreed with the OCT but it turned out they only had 3.

There is no such thing as magic, just magicians and fools.

#44    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 04 February 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

Yes indeed! I also had to correct the truthers when they misidentified Delta 1989, a B-767, as United 93, which was a B-757. They even misidentified scientist that had just disembarked from a KC-135 as passengers from United 93.

Now, a few truthers are saying that no aircraft struck the WTC buildings. Simply amazing!!

Are you kidding me?  The tortured logic is amazing.

#45    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,583 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

I remember having to correct a sock puppet truther who believed unsubstantiated eyewitness report are somehow better than opinion.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.