Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 2 votes

4,600-Y.O. Pyramid Uncovered in Egypt


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Harambasha

Harambasha

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:02 Feb 2014
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

http://www.livescien...d-in-egypt.html

"The similarities from one pyramid to the other are really amazing, and there is definitely a common plan," said Gregory Marouard, a research associate at the University of Chicago's Oriental Institute who led the work at the Edfu pyramid.


#2    cladking

cladking

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,676 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2006
  • Location:Indiana

  • Tempus fugit.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Quote

Khufu may have felt politically secure in southern Egypt and saw no need to maintain or build pyramids there, Marouard said in the email. The "center of gravity of Egypt was then at Memphis for many centuries — this region draining resources and manpower from the provinces, all regions being put to use for the large construction sites of funerary complexes."

At Wadi al-Jarf, a port found on the shore of the Red Sea that dates to Khufu's time, papyri (written documents) dating to the end of Khufu's reign were recently discovered that supports the idea that the pharaoh tried to converge all the resources he could toward Giza and the ancient wonder being constructed there.


This  is all speculative. There is nothing in Merrer's diary to confirm that the Great Pyramid
is a tomb or that Khufu was marshalling resources for use at Giza.  This same rag reported
the other day that Lehner suggests pyramid builders lived on the Great Pyramid ramps.  It's
gettiung harder and harder to find real "science" or common sense.



Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,741 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

View Postcladking, on 03 February 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

This  is all speculative. There is nothing in Merrer's diary to confirm that the Great Pyramid
is a tomb or that Khufu was marshalling resources for use at Giza.  This same rag reported
the other day that Lehner suggests pyramid builders lived on the Great Pyramid ramps.  It's
gettiung harder and harder to find real "science" or common sense.

So you're saying that the documents they found are frauds? Or, that no such documents were found? Or, just that the "Experts" are reading them wrong????

The internet is crawling with references to these papyri. There is even pictures...

http://amun-ra-egypt...ur-in-suez.html
Posted Image

Edited by DieChecker, 04 February 2014 - 12:42 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#4    cladking

cladking

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,676 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2006
  • Location:Indiana

  • Tempus fugit.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 February 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

So you're saying that the documents they found are frauds? Or, that no such documents were found? Or, just that the "Experts" are reading them wrong????

The internet is crawling with references to these papyri. There is even pictures...

http://amun-ra-egypt...ur-in-suez.html
Posted Image

There's not one word in the document that supports ramps, tombs, or
superstitious people who never changed.  There's not one word that supports
the concept that Khufu was marshalling his resources.  There's nothing to sup-
port any of the contentions.  The only things it supports is that stones were
brought by boat but this is easily deducible since the stones are on one side
of the river and the pyramids are on the other.  This "new" information is uteer-
ly meaningless.  It also supports the idea that Khufu is a king associated with
a great pyramid (presumably G1), but this too is already very firmly established
so is not of much importance.

This provincial pyramid is of interest but it hardly defines a new pattern nor es-
tablishes anything.  It is a forgotten pyramid that didn't stand the ravages of
time and sheds no new light on the Egyptians, what they believed, or how they
accomplished what they did.

People are simply trying to make every new fact fit a paradigm made of teflon.

This story means only what it actually says and only to the degree that it's right.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#5    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,741 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

View Postcladking, on 04 February 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

There's not one word in the document that supports ramps, tombs, or
superstitious people who never changed.  There's not one word that supports
the concept that Khufu was marshalling his resources.  There's nothing to sup-
port any of the contentions.  The only things it supports is that stones were
brought by boat but this is easily deducible since the stones are on one side
of the river and the pyramids are on the other.  This "new" information is uteer-
ly meaningless.  It also supports the idea that Khufu is a king associated with
a great pyramid (presumably G1), but this too is already very firmly established
so is not of much importance.

This provincial pyramid is of interest but it hardly defines a new pattern nor es-
tablishes anything.  It is a forgotten pyramid that didn't stand the ravages of
time and sheds no new light on the Egyptians, what they believed, or how they
accomplished what they did.

People are simply trying to make every new fact fit a paradigm made of teflon.

This story means only what it actually says and only to the degree that it's right.
Doesn't it imply a lot of people were moving stones, and not just a handful as you often suggest?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#6    cladking

cladking

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,676 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2006
  • Location:Indiana

  • Tempus fugit.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:16 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 February 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

Doesn't it imply a lot of people were moving stones, and not just a handful as you often suggest?

No!  Absolutely not.

A specific number of people are required to haul Turah limestone from the quarry whether
they used ramps or not.  A set number are required necessary whether their descendents
were superstitious or not.  Nothing changes just because we know a few details of one of
the stones movers' life.  We already knew there mustta been stone movers and there must
have been details to their lives.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,741 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

View Postcladking, on 04 February 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

No!  Absolutely not.

A specific number of people are required to haul Turah limestone from the quarry whether
they used ramps or not.  A set number are required necessary whether their descendents
were superstitious or not.  Nothing changes just because we know a few details of one of
the stones movers' life.  We already knew there mustta been stone movers and there must
have been details to their lives.
I thought just the titles alone on the Giza workers tombs told you that there was no ramp?

I'd think a great deal can be deduced from even a partial account. The number of people needed to drag the stones could be deduced and if much more then that was in evidence, then maybe they were dragging them further then just the pyramid base.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    cladking

cladking

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,676 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2006
  • Location:Indiana

  • Tempus fugit.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 February 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:


I'd think a great deal can be deduced from even a partial account. The number of people needed to drag the stones could be deduced and if much more then that was in evidence, then maybe they were dragging them further then just the pyramid base.

When you start with the assumption they dragged stones all roads lead to ramps.

You can't deduce how far they dragged stones by how many people they had unless you know they dragged stones.

If you put the cart before the horse you go nowhere.

Everything does not confirm your beliefs.  It just seems that way because of the nature of "belief".

Leon Russell  -Magic Mirror

I'm standing by the highway
Suitcase by my side
There's no place I want to go
I just thought I'd catch a ride
Many people look my way
And many pass me by
In moments of reflection
I wonder why
To the thieves I am a bandit
The mothers think I'm a son
To the preachers I'm a sinner
Lord I'm not the only one
To the sad ones I'm unhappy
To the losers I'm a fool
To the students I'm a teacher
With the teachers I'm in school
To the hobos I'm imprisoned by everything I own
To the soldier I'm just someone else who's dying to go home
The general sees a number, a politician's tool
To my friends I'm just an equal in this whirlpool
Magic mirror won't you tell me please
Do I find myself in anyone I see?
Magic mirror if we only could
Try to see ourselves as others would
To policeman I'm suspicious it's in the way I look
I'm just another character to fingerprint and book
To the censors I'm pornography with no redeeming grace
To hooker I'm a customer without a face
The sellers think I'm merchandise, they'll help me for a song
The left ones think I'm right,
The right ones think I'm wrong
And many people look my way
And many pass me by
And in my quiet reflection I wonder why
Magic mirror won't you tell me please
Do I see myself in anyone I meet?
Magic mirror if we only could
Try to see ourselves as others would

We see our beliefs regardless of what's in front of our eyes.  Leon Russell looks like some kind of kook so I'd just keep driving.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#9    Rhino666

Rhino666

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2011

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

How can you lose a pyramid? Its not like it fell down the back of the couch.


#10    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern Las Vegas

  • ...don't go mistakin paradise for the home across the road.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Interesting read, I like how they say, "uncovered" and not "discovered" as it was never lost, just covered.

Posted Image

#11    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Telekinetic

  • 7,523 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

View PostHarambasha, on 03 February 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

http://www.livescien...d-in-egypt.html

"The similarities from one pyramid to the other are really amazing, and there is definitely a common plan," said Gregory Marouard, a research associate at the University of Chicago's Oriental Institute who led the work at the Edfu pyramid.

Hey, Harambasha, welcome to UM. I see you've started several threads with links to articles, but how about providing some content of your own? What are your thoughts? It's important for the sake of the thread that you also weigh in, considering you started it.

Thanks much.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,741 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

View Postcladking, on 04 February 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

When you start with the assumption they dragged stones all roads lead to ramps.

You can't deduce how far they dragged stones by how many people they had unless you know they dragged stones.

If you put the cart before the horse you go nowhere.

It would seem to me that logically, if you want the delivery rate to be steady, and you have to drag the stones twice as far... say up a sprial ramp.... then you'd need twice as many people as would be needed just to drag them to the base.

Is that true or not?

Edited by DieChecker, 05 February 2014 - 01:26 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    cladking

cladking

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,676 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2006
  • Location:Indiana

  • Tempus fugit.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 February 2014 - 01:26 AM, said:

It would seem to me that logically, if you want the delivery rate to be steady, and you have to drag the stones twice as far... say up a sprial ramp.... then you'd need twice as many people as would be needed just to drag them to the base.

Is that true or not?

No.

More importantly it's not at all relevant unless you're trying to make some point that I can't see.

A ramp that's twice as tall requires much more than twice the work.  As the ramp gets higher
it requires more material and there are more corners to drag stones around (on a pyramidal
structure).  There's no reason to even maintain a steady rate of delivery.  It could taper off to
next to nothing and still finish on scedule.

Ramps are debunked anyway based on the evidence.

Unless you can bring this back to topic I must refrain from posting further.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,741 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

View Postcladking, on 05 February 2014 - 01:33 AM, said:

No.

More importantly it's not at all relevant unless you're trying to make some point that I can't see.

A ramp that's twice as tall requires much more than twice the work.  As the ramp gets higher
it requires more material and there are more corners to drag stones around (on a pyramidal
structure).  There's no reason to even maintain a steady rate of delivery.  It could taper off to
next to nothing and still finish on scedule.

Ramps are debunked anyway based on the evidence.

Unless you can bring this back to topic I must refrain from posting further.
That is total rubbish.... Tail off to nothing and still finish? What are going on about.

The rate of delivery is the cornerstone of every single delivery method theory. To disregard that fact is to just start walking into fantasy land.

Off topic? The topic is specifically about the discovery of this pyramid and references the notes from the Egyptian dock master. Which goes directly to more labor being collected. Which goes directly to what the labor was used for at Giza.

The fact is that we all know that the amount of stone that needed to be taken to the base would require a certain amount of people, and if the number of laborers was twice that it would indicate additional work, such as dragging either twice as much stone (Not the case) or twice as far, would have to be happening.

How is "Leon Russell  -Magic Mirror" on topic?

Edited by DieChecker, 05 February 2014 - 01:46 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#15    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Telekinetic

  • 7,523 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

Moderator's note:

People, give it a rest. Cladking, do not hijack the thread. You have your own thread to expound on your ideas, so keep it in there.

kmt_sesh

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users