Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Golden Orb seen outside Space Station

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,384 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Well its a good headline but Im not convinced, as usual. Solar panels? Reflected light? lens flare?  You decide

Golden Orb Hovers Near Space Station

YT blurb says

Published on Jan 6, 2014
Was watching the live ISS cam and saw this gold orb materialise out of nowhere and then it began to take a solid appearance. As the solar panel moved from behind it...nasa went to blue screen...apparently they noticed the orb.

and some more story

http://nationalufoce...iss-spots-ufos/

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,384 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

SOLVED!!

Posted Image

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,028 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

I think it's light refraction on the camera lens, as the solar panels crosshatched background moved 'behind' the light refraction, the crosshatching gives it the appearance of a solid object. Just a guess.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

• I see shadows on the road again wonder if they coming for my soul. I get trapped up in this mode I'm in and will I every grow old.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

helluva dunk

#5    Dumpnuts

Dumpnuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "Absolute Hogwash" ,Jay Utah by care of ChrLzs

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

It's the Golden Snitch.

"You guys, you gotta make it sexy. Hips and nips! Otherwise I'm not eating."

Rickety Cricket

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,384 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

have we agreed then on a reflection of some sort?

Posted Image

#7    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,491 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless..

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

View Postseeder, on 06 February 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

have we agreed then on a reflection of some sort?
Sorry, missed this one...  Yes.  I'm pretty sure this is not a ufo, but in fact either a refraction/reflection (the dreaded but often true 'lens flare') or something that is between the camera and its view - ie something on or in front of the viewport.  I am currently doing a timelapse analysis and hope to be back in a while (could be minutes, could be days!) with a little annotated animation showing why I am strongly of that opinion..

Hey, Seeder, were there another two requiring image analysis?  I've spotted the one that was supposedly the spaceborne Olympic torch and I'll look at that one after this.. but I had the feeling there was another where you or someone requested my input...? danged if I can find it though.

Been a little busy lately...

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#8    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,491 posts

when it IS worthless..

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Here, first, is a low quality animation showing the *position* of the orb in frame.  Note that it only moves a very short distance, and also note how the rate seems to be 'linked' to the movement of the Sun relative to the space station and camera..

Posted Image(note - that ISN'T a Youtube video, so clickin' won't do much..)

I will post some higher quality imagery and enlargements later on, along with what I think is happening (which isn't alien visitation).  Right now I have other fish to fry, be back a bit later to continue..

Edited by ChrLzs, 12 February 2014 - 11:23 AM.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,384 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostChrLzs, on 12 February 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Hey, Seeder, were there another two requiring image analysis?

Not entirely sure myself TBH, was it the mars pics thread?

#10    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,491 posts

when it IS worthless..

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Thanks mate - maybe it is... I'll have another browse..  The one I'm thinking of wasn't an ISS image, iirc, either a Mars thing or another ufo..

On this one, don't have time just now to expand much, but I would also draw any interested reader's attention to the shadow of the manipulator arm that passes across the solar panels as they move, right near the 'orb'.  Note how at one point (near the end of the animation, the shadow aligns with the orb and *appears* to give it a 3d appearance - THAT is the only time that it appears even vaguely round!!!  It is simply a chance alignment that has been cherry picked and magnified (using poor technique) to get the 'orb'-like look.  Be back later to expand..

___

#11    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,384 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Cheers to Chrlzs, another ufo/story put to bed :tu:

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,384 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostChrLzs, on 12 February 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Thanks mate - maybe it is... I'll have another browse..  The one I'm thinking of wasn't an ISS image, iirc, either a Mars thing or another ufo..

This by any chance?

http://www.unexplain...pic=261867&st=0

#13    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,491 posts

when it IS worthless..

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Dat's it - well done..!!   I'll leave this one for now, and take a closer look over there, then get back to the yellow ISS/Vostok ufo one....

___

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users