Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Paracas elongated skull dna

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1    Cosmic Ray

Cosmic Ray

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

I almost hate to do this, but I saw this

http://www.ancient-o...h.56udAAQg.gbpl

It appears Brien Foerster has released "preliminary information" about those DNA tests he promised us.

Thoughts?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak and remove all doubt.

#2    Karyotype

Karyotype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

• No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

It has to be true!  It's on the internet and I have confirmation from a french model! :tu:

"Democracy is two wolves deciding what to eat for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Thomas Jefferson-

#3    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

Isn't the first order of business here to see if Mr. Foerster's character can be attacked?

I mean, if that can be done, there's no need to even look at the research, right?

Heck, the article even invoked the name of Lloyd Pye (rip)...surely that's enough to discredit the entire study...

#4    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,249 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostCosmic Ray, on 06 February 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

I almost hate to do this, but I saw this

http://www.ancient-o...h.56udAAQg.gbpl

It appears Brien Foerster has released "preliminary information" about those DNA tests he promised us.

Thoughts?

Would prefer to see the actual genetic testing results instead of Foerster and others claim as to what they say/mean.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#5    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

• The only things that remain the same are the rules that govern change.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 06 February 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Would prefer to see the actual genetic testing results instead of Foerster and others claim as to what they say/mean.

cormac

Cosigned, and Foester is several yrs late in obtaining and releasing these results. Being the author of 10 books doesn't make him an expert in DNA analysis. (Unless you are part of the Ancient Alien Theorists fan club. )

At least he now admits they are human. :rolleyes:

I also question the article's stating that these skulls are too thick to be elongated using traditional methods.

"...The Paracas skulls, however, are different.  The cranial volume is up to 25 percent larger and 60 percent heavier than conventional human skulls, meaning they could not have been intentionally deformed through head binding/flattening. They also contain only one parietal plate, rather than two. The fact that the skulls’ features are not the result of cranial deformation means that the cause of the elongation is a mystery, and has been for decades....."

Edited by scorpiosonic, 06 February 2014 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image

#6    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

View Postscorpiosonic, on 06 February 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

I also question the article's stating that these skulls are too thick to be elongated using traditional methods.

Am most interested in this new theory which claims cradleboarding actually increases skull capacity and weight on the order of 20% and 60%, respectively.

Those numbers, if accurate (and photos do appear to back them up), are nothing to sneeze at.

#7    Cosmic Ray

Cosmic Ray

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Do you have a source for that lilthor?

#8    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

My apologies.  I can only assume that folks who believe that "traditional" methods for cranial deformation produced these skulls from Paracas must have a working theory to back them up.  Perhaps they don't...but if they do, I am most interested.

#9    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

My theory is that they did use traditional methods. It was more difficult to accomplish on a thicker skull. (The article states, "The cranial volume is UP TO 25 percent larger and 60 percent heavier than conventional human skulls meaning they could not have been intentionally deformed through head binding/flattening.") The second part of this statement is opinion, not fact!!!

Foerster has attempted to pass these skulls off as being of Alien origin many times in the past, hence the DNA tests. He had accepted $$$ for these tests yrs. ago, but didn't follow thru until now.

Posted Image

#10    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

View Postscorpiosonic, on 06 February 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

Cosigned, and Foester is several yrs late in obtaining and releasing these results. Being the author of 10 books doesn't make him an expert in DNA analysis. (Unless you are part of the Ancient Alien Theorists fan club. )

At least he now admits they are human. :rolleyes:

"...The Paracas skulls, however, are different.  The cranial volume is up to 25 percent larger and 60 percent heavier than conventional human skulls, meaning they could not have been intentionally deformed through head binding/flattening. They also contain only one parietal plate, rather than two. The fact that the skulls’ features are not the result of cranial deformation means that the cause of the elongation is a mystery, and has been for decades....."

Article says they could not have been deformed since their cranial volume and weight is much more than a human. Don't see anywhere where it states that they were too thick.

#11    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

True, I assumed the bone was thicker due to the skull being heavier.

Edited by scorpiosonic, 06 February 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

#12    Xynoplas

Xynoplas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

It's not uncommon for human DNA to contain traces of DNA from Homo sapiens neanderthalensis or Homo heidelbergensis ("Denisovan man").

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -The Buddha

http://bugsinspace.wordpress.com/

#13    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,774 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

I am very sceptical that this represents a true discovery and is not a hoax.

This part of the article...

They also contain only one parietal plate, rather than two.

...is especially concerning regarding the factuality of the reporting. That human skulls have two parietal bones is necessitated by the circumstances of our birth - in which the new-born's head is larger than the cervical canal through which it must pass and so multiple plates in the skull are necessary to allow a deformation of it so as to pass through that canal.

While it may be difficult to see the parietal seams in some of the Paracas skulls, in others they are clearly visible - indicating the presence of multiple parietal plates.

There is a possibility that this statement refers, however, to the parietal bone of the adult - where the two infant parietal bones are fused into one. This would suggest the statement is either woefully ignorant (comparing adult to infant skull structures) or deliberately misleading.

So, while I do not immediately discount the reports of 'cryptic DNA' (which could simply mean the DNA was too degraded to be properly sequenced), I do think that what has been reported is not entirely true.

Edited by Leonardo, 06 February 2014 - 07:01 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#14    Cosmic Ray

Cosmic Ray

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

It appears to me to simply be Foerster stringing along his loyal acolytes without actually providing any evidence in order to encourage more sales of his books, or to increase tourism as per his remit from the Peruvian tourist board.

Call me cynical...

#15    Cosmic Ray

Cosmic Ray

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Full interview with Foerster.

All sounds very questionable to me.

If he really wants results I'm sure his book sales could fund the relatively small price.  

http://www.ancient-o...8oUGXQ.facebook

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users