Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Dual Form of GOD

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1    029b10

029b10

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Since God, having one Eternal Nature defies the laws of Physics by manifesting in different forms like represented by the Trinity of Father, Son and Spirit.  Then what falsifiability could disprove that energy can neither be created nor destroyed?

Edited by 029b10, 07 February 2014 - 12:26 PM.

Posted Image

Upon the Circuits of My Creator

shall I return to the Garden of Lights

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Make believe isn't subject to the laws of physics.

And I'm not sure what you're asking.

Edited by Rlyeh, 07 February 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#3    gracy4033

gracy4033

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

• Consistency is the last
    refuge of the unimaginative...

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

sorry   what?

Ms Katie B.

#4    029b10

029b10

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

If according to the law of Physics, energy can neither be created nor destroyed, then it did not have a beginning since it could not be created, nor can it end because it can not be destroyed.

Therefore, it you have no beginning, and no end, you would be Eternal, or rather having the timeless nature of Infinity.  However, it appears that the law of Physics which establishes energy as having the eternal nature of infinity, which can not be altered, but holds that energy can change form.

So the question is, what's the difference?

Posted Image

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Energy isn't a god for a start, nor is it conscious.

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 07 February 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Energy isn't a god for a start, nor is it conscious.
That is the general opinion; I would be more inclined to say we have no reason to think so, but energy is really only something we observe doing or being various things and we really have no comprehensible understanding of it.

#7    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 February 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

That is the general opinion; I would be more inclined to say we have no reason to think so, but energy is really only something we observe doing or being various things and we really have no comprehensible understanding of it.
True, though energy doesn't exist on it's own, it's a property of a physical system.

http://www.nmsea.org...s_of_energy.htm

Edited by Rlyeh, 07 February 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#8    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,777 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Riyeh, could energy be really thought of as change. It isn't a thing or an object, but matter under going change.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#9    029b10

029b10

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 07 February 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

True, though energy doesn't exist on it's own, it's a property of a physical system.

If energy doesn't exist on it's own, then would the definition that it can not be created or destroyed an accurate representation of its actual nature?

Posted Image

#10    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 07 February 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Riyeh, could energy be really thought of as change. It isn't a thing or an object, but matter under going change.
Change or potential change.

View Post029b10, on 07 February 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

If energy doesn't exist on it's own, then would the definition that it can not be created or destroyed an accurate representation of its actual nature?
By exist on it's own I mean there is no such thing as "pure energy", energy doesn't exist independently from the system that possesses it. It's accurate that energy can not be created or destroyed, it can be transferred between open systems.

Edited by Rlyeh, 07 February 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 07 February 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

There is always some sort of carrier particle. The photon for example. Unless we are talking about gravitational energy, in which any kind of graviton has not been discovered yet.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 07 February 2014 - 03:38 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#12    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

The 1st law of thermo dynamics is a little dated in regards to some things.

We know that vacuum energy exists, and seems to violate the 1st law when the virtual pairs tunnel away from each other. However, if the universe is a closed system that then means their anti twin somewhere else. This keeps the universe in balance, but some regions will be denser and more energetic than others thereby making it spear that the 1st law is wrong. But that region is an open system so it doesn't count. Any way, its a mistake to be thinking about it as created or destroyed. Energy can be created and destroyed, but the total energy in a closed system must remain constant.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 07 February 2014 - 03:40 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

There is no reason the eternal energy can't be conscious. It only took 4 billion years to evolve your consciousness, imagine what infinity might evolve.

Bruce Lee-

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 07 February 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There is no reason the eternal energy can't be conscious. It only took 4 billion years to evolve your consciousness, imagine what infinity might evolve.
Does your hair colour possess consciousness? That doesn't make sense does it? Same with energy being conscious.

#15    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 07 February 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

Does your hair colour possess consciousness? That doesn't make sense does it? Same with energy being conscious.
Are you conscious? Is your hair color apart of that conscious system? Are you and your hair and the light reflecting off of that energy?

Edited by White Crane Feather, 07 February 2014 - 03:49 PM.

Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users