Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pentagon eyes $4 billion missile defense hike

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,050 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

Reuters said:

(Reuters) - The U.S. Defense Department plans to ask Congress for $4.5 billion in extra missile defense funding over the next five years as part of the fiscal 2015 budget request, say congressional sources and an expert.

Nearly $1 billion of that sum will pay for a new homeland defense radar to be placed in Alaska, with an additional $560 million to fund work on a new interceptor after several failed flight tests, said Riki Ellison, founder of the nonprofit Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance, and two of the congressional sources, who were not authorized to speak publicly.

The Pentagon's request for added funding comes despite continued pressure on military spending and cuts in other arms programs, a sign of Washington's growing concern about missile development efforts by North Korea and Iran, the sources said.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,823 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

4.5 billion dollars 'extra' ... that's a mighty fine pinch of 'extra' and extra on top of what ? 35 cents ?

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,050 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 07 February 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

4.5 billion dollars 'extra' ... that's a mighty fine pinch of 'extra' and extra on top of what ? 35 cents ?

~

Nah, they just saved 4 billion on food stamps with the farm bill... it has to be spent somewhere!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,960 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

lol, a construction projects? they never go overbudget, noooo.

lol, by the time this missile defence project is done, it will be at least 2x overbudget, so 4,5b now will be 10 later.
or, may be they will take away fundings for tanks, they say they don't need them anymore.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Amazing isnt it? Instead of looking for ways to bring down our debt, they are trying to spend MORE. Alot more.

No one can tell me at this point that there isnt a controled economic demolition being put into action.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users