Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Shadow person... Help

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    HIED2015

HIED2015

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

This is my first post and my first time making an account to any of these sites, but I am now a bit desperate for answers.

A brief history: I began having paranormal experiences at age 15 when my older sister saw a black hooded figure kneeling over me while I slept. I was sleeping on the floor while visiting family. After this, I continued seeing apparitions of ghosts, and experiencing sleep paralysis with a black hooded figure (perhaps the one my sister witnessed). I got used to these experiences that I was no longer scared, but rather inconvenienced. I am now a student working on my master's degree (my level of education is my reassurance to readers that I am mentally stable).

The other day at 6am, I had a vivid dream that I woke from abruptly. I woke to a light gray transparent being kneeling on the floor, holding my left hand and setting its head on it. It's face was close to me and it stared into my eyes. Never seeing anything like this before, I was frightened for the first time in a long time. I felt it taking control of me and feelings of despair and weakness. I urged it to go away, and it slowly stood up. It was very tall, skinny, with big hands. It slowly walked away through the wall. By that time I was already sitting up on my bed ready for a fight.

Two days later, two hours away while visiting my parents, I was attacked by the same being. It appeared at the end of the room and approached the foot of the bed, it came onto the bed over my feet and onto my stomach, and I experienced the same feelings of being taken control of. I could see then it had a big head and thin neck. I fought and yelled, "Don't you come back!"

I am assuming this is a shadow person, but I would really appreciate any feedback. I have been followed by certain beings that haunt me, but this is something I have never seen. Any idea how to stop this? Please Help! :(

#2    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

What did you do after it left and you were setting on your bed?

Also, for curiosity, whats your degree in, I'm working on my masters at the moment also.

Edited by Scheming B, 09 February 2014 - 11:56 PM.

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#3    HIED2015

HIED2015

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Strangely this happened at 6am while still dark and the second time at 6:30am. The first night I sat there for a while then turned the lights on (embarrassing) and went to sleep. Second time i slept on my side and it continued to atttempt and take control from behind me. I could see its face at the corner of my eye. I did not mention this because I only wanted to mention the main details.

I am working on my masters in higher education. I will eventually work in the housing department or as an advisor. I currently work in Greek housing... Ultimately any administrative/staff position within an institution of higher education. I love working with students :)

#4    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

i have an absolute cure for shadow people.
complete darkness.
they hate it.

#5    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

View PostHIED2015, on 10 February 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Strangely this happened at 6am while still dark and the second time at 6:30am. The first night I sat there for a while then turned the lights on (embarrassing) and went to sleep. Second time i slept on my side and it continued to atttempt and take control from behind me. I could see its face at the corner of my eye. I did not mention this because I only wanted to mention the main details.

I am working on my masters in higher education. I will eventually work in the housing department or as an advisor. I currently work in Greek housing... Ultimately any administrative/staff position within an institution of higher education. I love working with students :)

Could this possibly be multi layered dreams in response to stress from school?

#6    XenoFish

XenoFish

Back from the dead

• 6,262 posts

• Someone should stab you in eye with a really hot french fry.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

experiencing sleep paralysis

Think about it really hard. Here's a hint.
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Hypnagogia

We're all living in a world filled with moderately stupid people.

#7    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,276 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

Welcome to UM HIED :st

Most of us are mostly harmless :innocent: :sk :devil:
Take some time to read up on the rules, and stroll around threads here. Use the search box on the upper right and post and stick around :)

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#8    Scandal

Scandal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Sounds like you could have been visited by something that maybe was trying to get weird with you.

If you don't like it arm yourself and take a swing at it next time it comes for a visit.
Treat it the same way you would a intruder.

#9    HIED2015

HIED2015

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostScheming B, on 10 February 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

Could this possibly be multi layered dreams in response to stress from school?

I thought about this. My undergraduate degree is in the field of counseling and mental health, so I am very self aware and open. Yes It is possible, but my history with being sensitive to paranormal experiences makes me think otherwise. I will definitely keep that in mind thank you for putting some thought into it i really appreciate it.

#10    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

Not a problem, my backgrounds in something similar, so I try to be the boring one of the group

#11    HIED2015

HIED2015

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:16 AM

View PostXenoFish, on 10 February 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

[/size]
Think about it really hard. Here's a hint.
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Hypnagogia

Like I mentioned, I am very open. And looking into hypnagogia could make a lot of sense and explain some of the experiences in my life, but not all. I am very logical and if I see/hear something "out of the ordinary", I usually seek it out and try to explain it before I come to paranormal explanations. For example, when I see apparitions I usually walk straight towards it and if it does not disappear I attempt to communicate and see what it wants. I do have a lot of lack of sleep which is one of the symptoms for hypnagogia. I will definitely try to get better rest and see if that makes a difference, thank you for your input :)

#12    GodIsWearingBlack

GodIsWearingBlack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

• "If my future were black, it was better surely to face it like a man than to attempt to brighten it with will-o'-the-wisps of the imagination."

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostHIED2015, on 11 February 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

Like I mentioned, I am very open. And looking into hypnagogia could make a lot of sense and explain some of the experiences in my life, but not all. I am very logical and if I see/hear something "out of the ordinary", I usually seek it out and try to explain it before I come to paranormal explanations. For example, when I see apparitions I usually walk straight towards it and if it does not disappear I attempt to communicate and see what it wants. I do have a lot of lack of sleep which is one of the symptoms for hypnagogia. I will definitely try to get better rest and see if that makes a difference, thank you for your input :)

Wouldn't the open minded thing to do in that situation be to get checked out by a doctor?  If you're seeing apparitions it could be a sign of a brain tumour, a mental illness, or a load of other medical conditions.  Attempting to communicate with the apparition, would surely point at very closed minded.  You're ruling out a lot of very mundane explanations, and accepting that if it stays there, it must be real.

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

You are having some altered state issues, we see the same set of themes around here all the time. Having a sleep study is not a bad idea, but chances are you are just fine.

I have some methods to fix some of these things, you are welcome to pm me if you like and we can work through it.

Take care.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#14    W1L_81010

W1L_81010

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

Hey-O. I am new poster here, as well. But I have been haunting these forums for quite a while now. I just wanted to put in my two cents.

I thought this was a really interesting story. I've had experiences with hooded figures (mine turned out to be a Djinn) and shadow people. The last gray one, though, sounded like a Gray Alien. O.o I'm not really good at offering possible alternate explanations, I will leave to the rest of the skeptics. All I can say is burn some white sage, see if it makes a difference with your visitors.

#15    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

Well, I have the a fool proof method as to fix this problem of yours...it seems to work 100% of the time.
VIDEO CAMERA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users