Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

help with controlling your psychic gifts

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    em3083

em3083

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:00 AM

This discussion is to try to help sensitive people come together and learn how to use your abilities. Please no skeptics we hear it enough that were crazy we dont need it again!

#2    XenoFish

XenoFish

Time Lord

• 5,529 posts

• There is always something wonderful to experience, if you open your mind.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

Both focal and void types of meditation can be of use. Anything that can be used to help control your thoughts is also a benefit.

There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything we believe in.They must be fought.

People spend all their time making nice things and then other people come along and break them!

#3    em3083

em3083

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

I agree totally as long as you are in a safe place I tried meditating and wasn't aware that there was something not good around me and made it a bad experience. I always say be aware of what's around you because meditating can open A door u don't want opened

#4    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

read, read, read, study, study, study, practice, practice, practice. And use your critical thinking skills and common sense.

#5    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:49 AM

cool

#6    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

Tarot has been really helpful in learning how to interpret information coming across.  A lot of times when you first start out it's hard to sort your own emotions from what you gather from others, but the cards aid in discernment.

Meditation!  I think without a good base in meditation you can't really learn to sheild yourself effectively.

#7    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

View Postem3083, on 10 February 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

This discussion is to try to help sensitive people come together and learn how to use your abilities. Please no skeptics we hear it enough that were crazy we dont need it again!

Welcome to UM, Please understand this is an open discussion.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#8    em3083

em3083

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

Believe me when I say that when I have dreams of people I don't know then come to find out that person died in a location u were in a day prior is beyond explainable or seeing someone die before they die. How do u explain that? Lack of sleep? Hallucinations? I had this happen more than I can count so that's hard to explain its not just a coincidence. I was skeptical but now I'm not when I see this and it actually happened. I do look at a skeptic point of view before even coming to that conclusion. How do you explain things like that. I have a good appreciation for skeptics they just give us motivation to prove them wrong. I got proof for everything I collected

#9    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

View Postem3083, on 10 February 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

I got proof for everything I collected

Can we see it?

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#10    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 10 February 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

Welcome to UM, Please understand this is an open discussion.

Similarly, keep in mind that the OP has specified that the purpose of this thread is for people to discuss these abilities without having to argue about their existence.  One can argue the self-consistency of a conclusion, but the existence of the ability itself is a given for the purposes of this discussion.

Edited by aquatus1, 10 February 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#11    XenoFish

XenoFish

Time Lord

• 5,529 posts

• There is always something wonderful to experience, if you open your mind.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

I found it best to work on this type of control when overwhelmed. That way I could control the flow of emotions instead of being swept up in them. Shielding is a common technique found in psionics that's supposed to work, and it does. However most don't realize your just putting up a mental filter, choosing what type of sensory stimuli you want. It's better (in my opinion) to work on control rather than blocking it out.

There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything we believe in.They must be fought.

People spend all their time making nice things and then other people come along and break them!

#12    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 10 February 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Similarly, keep in mind that the OP has specified that the purpose of this thread is for people to discuss these abilities without having to argue about their existence.  One can argue the self-consistency of a conclusion, but the existence of the ability itself is a given for the purposes of this discussion.

THANK YOU!!

#13    em3083

em3083

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I created this so we could speak freely without having to prove what we see there are children even too that have an ability like this and are ridiculed by people and automatically called crazy even adults have this issue I understand its an open discussion but in all reality we have heard all the ridicule and all the skeptical remarks so if u do have a skeptic thing to say believe me we have heard it. I wanted to create this topic so we were not having to constantly trying to prove people wrong but to learn how to help our community on the spiritual level not to argue whether our gifts are real or not.

#14    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

I control mine quite well.

#15    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,280 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

I think the first and most important thing to learn once you realize you're a sensitive is protection.

The white light one I find the best for me because I call on God as my protector so I work with both my religious beliefs and strength I have from them to protect me whenever I need it.

Grounding is also a useful tool to know.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users