Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dealing with life

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,859 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Life is about expansion, either in our relationship with the world outside of our-selves, or with our own inner world. Both are entwined, so there are times in our lives when we need to be able to move outward and learn, at other times to go inward and grow in that direction. Not to do so is to start a life that…. “Does not trust the process”…. and that can cause a lot of restriction and blockage in how life is dealt with.

#2    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,543 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

I'm focusing on stillness right now instead of moving forward, and weirdly, it seems expansion is occurring at the same time. Not an expansion as in moving forward, but more like a bloom that is pushing out in all directions. Trusting the process is not always easy for me, as it sometimes feels like giving up control, or at least the illusions of control, and if it's new territory then it's impossible to define it, visualize it, organize it, name it, or to do any other those other things we usually do help us define our relationship or place in the world. So if it's a new kind of thing, hanging in with it can be uncomfortable. But as a wise friend of mine said, there's often value in being willing to be uncomfortable.

#3    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,797 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Good insights.

Life for me seems to go like this; I only have control over my own actions, whether it was a well-thought or impulsed decision. Each action will cause a reaction. While some of my actions will result with the reaction I desire, it's not always the case.

Everything else surrounding me are actions taken by something or someone. It's uncontrollable and it becomes a driving force that may or may not influence my decisions. I am always entitled to react at said actions outside my control.

To that extension, expansion in life is a positive result of risk. Risk is a doubtful decision. The outcome is normally 50/50. When an aspect in my life blooms, it's my indication that I am perfecting a personal goal of mine in a controlled environment.

I know my way of thinking sounds very black or white. I do realized life has shades of gray. It's just easier for me to explain my way of seeing things. :yes:

My two cents.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#4    Border Collie

Border Collie

Just testing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• Schrodinger's dog

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

I am not sure that "dealing" with life is a recommended approach.

Just accept it. And maybe don't take it too seriously.

#5    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,859 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostBeany, on 12 February 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

I'm focusing on stillness right now instead of moving forward, and weirdly, it seems expansion is occurring at the same time. Not an expansion as in moving forward, but more like a bloom that is pushing out in all directions. Trusting the process is not always easy for me, as it sometimes feels like giving up control, or at least the illusions of control, and if it's new territory then it's impossible to define it, visualize it, organize it, name it, or to do any other those other things we usually do help us define our relationship or place in the world. So if it's a new kind of thing, hanging in with it can be uncomfortable. But as a wise friend of mine said, there's often value in being willing to be uncomfortable.

Well said my friend, as usual, something more for me to think about.

peace
mark

#6    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,859 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

View Post:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, on 12 February 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Good insights.

Life for me seems to go like this; I only have control over my own actions, whether it was a well-thought or impulsed decision. Each action will cause a reaction. While some of my actions will result with the reaction I desire, it's not always the case.

Everything else surrounding me are actions taken by something or someone. It's uncontrollable and it becomes a driving force that may or may not influence my decisions. I am always entitled to react at said actions outside my control.

To that extension, expansion in life is a positive result of risk. Risk is a doubtful decision. The outcome is normally 50/50. When an aspect in my life blooms, it's my indication that I am perfecting a personal goal of mine in a controlled environment.

I know my way of thinking sounds very black or white. I do realized life has shades of gray. It's just easier for me to explain my way of seeing things. :yes:

My two cents.

I understand, there is always the grey areas, it is a given.  Well said.....

peace
mark

#7    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,859 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostBorder Collie, on 12 February 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

I am not sure that "dealing" with life is a recommended approach.

Just accept it. And maybe don't take it too seriously.

Depends what the world "dealing' brings up for you......language is always diffiuclt....thanks.

Peace
mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users