Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sea Serpent Sightings in San Francisco Bay

sea serpent sightings cryptids san francisco bay

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 February 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

The Clark Brothers!!

Members right here at UM you know! I ended up with quite a repertoire after a while, we have exchanged personal emails and all. Their idea is not that it lives in the bay, but visits it for food as far as I know, last time I spoke to them they were chasing down a fisherman's sighting out in the ocean.

I have been wondering from time to time how they are rolling. Big claim, but really nice fellows and I found them very open to questions, and one cannot really ask for more than that in a discussion forum I think.

Been ages, I hope they have both been well.

I remember having a pleasant exchange of emails with them but I vaguely remember them spamming the board with the same or similar threads and I may be wrong but didn't they try to sell their full video of their sighting to us when we asked to see the full clip?

Posted Image

#17    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,390 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

View PostOhelemapit, on 18 February 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

I remember having a pleasant exchange of emails with them but I vaguely remember them spamming the board with the same or similar threads and I may be wrong but didn't they try to sell their full video of their sighting to us when we asked to see the full clip?

Sort of, they did say that costs were involved, but I did give them a hard time about it, and they explained what it costs them to produce, and they were only interested in covering costs, and the overall cost seemed fairly mild if I remember, and I am pretty sure that they ended up sending me an email with some of the information from the clip and report anyway, I'll have to dig through my old emails and see if I still have it.

They did spam a bit, but that was in their enthusiastic stage when they just got the report done and one of them had a recent sighting in the bay, I think that excitement just got the better of them, they have been rather quiet since. Although I do hear about them from time to time.

They got shafted by that sham organization GUST too, they did a thread here and emailed me about it. Honestly not sure if those jokers are still operating.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#18    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 February 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

Sort of, they did say that costs were involved, but I did give them a hard time about it, and they explained what it costs them to produce, and they were only interested in covering costs, and the overall cost seemed fairly mild if I remember, and I am pretty sure that they ended up sending me an email with some of the information from the clip and report anyway, I'll have to dig through my old emails and see if I still have it.

They did spam a bit, but that was in their enthusiastic stage when they just got the report done and one of them had a recent sighting in the bay, I think that excitement just got the better of them, they have been rather quiet since. Although I do hear about them from time to time.

They got shafted by that sham organization GUST too, they did a thread here and emailed me about it. Honestly not sure if those jokers are still operating.

That's correct, now I remember, thanks for reminding me :tu:

It would be nice to have them update us on their opinions now and any new findings?

Posted Image

#19    Peter Cox

Peter Cox

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

• The man who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the man busy doing it.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

I am an AVID fisherman, along with marksmanship make up my two favorite sports.

There are a few BIG fish that could be mistake for a sea serpent. One example of that is the ore fish. The can get as large as 36 or more feet long and look like a eel/snake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oarfish

Other examples are basking sharks - not sea serpent looking but if you saw one you would think monsters of old lol http://en.wikipedia....i/Basking_shark

The sleeper shark of nordic decent has been identified as the creature that could be "nessie" http://en.wikipedia....n_sleeper_shark

Then there is the frilled shark, could be mistaken for a sea serpent with out a problem http://en.wikipedia....i/Frilled_shark

There are many more examples, so it is possible that this is a not known species of fish that visits the bay or it could be any number of known species just old, big, and scary looking lol.

#20    Harry_Dresden

Harry_Dresden

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

• Anyone can pick something when they know what it is; It takes real leadership to pick something you're clueless about.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

...with all the millions of fishing nets that go into the water every single day you'd expect at least a dozen "Nessie's" to be caught on a daily basis. Assuming that they exist of course...

#21    Xynoplas

Xynoplas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Whales are often sighted in the SF bay.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -The Buddha

http://bugsinspace.wordpress.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users