Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Looking for an ancient painting of a yeti

sasquatch yeren hihi yeti bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,712 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostMyles, on 12 February 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

There was an episode of the old cartoon Johnny Quest where they were at a monestary when a Yeti was around.

TinTin in Tibet was about a Yeti too.

Louie, have you tried searching for "abominable snowman" instead of "yeti"?

Edited by Eldorado, 12 February 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#17    Karate Louie

Karate Louie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• Not sure if he is confused about that

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Yes, we've been using basically every name for a big, hairy ape-man you can imagine. Lots of interesting artwork turning up but nothing that's an exact match yet. And yeah, Tintin and Johnny Quest show up on an awful lot of these searches, but it's definitely an indigenous painting we're looking for.

No but there is an alien version where an alien peeks through a family home during Christmas, infact it was on youtube. Not sure if he is confused about that

#18    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostKarate Louie, on 12 February 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Yes, we've been using basically every name for a big, hairy ape-man you can imagine. Lots of interesting artwork turning up but nothing that's an exact match yet. And yeah, Tintin and Johnny Quest show up on an awful lot of these searches, but it's definitely an indigenous painting we're looking for.

I have used nearly every search term imaginable. I have spent a few hours scouring the Net without any luck as yet. The same old images come up and some of the ancient paintings/drawings look pretty cool but not what you are looking for...

Posted Image

#19    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

View Posturban_yeti, on 12 February 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

Hello, I'm the person that's been trying to find the artwork.

I don't know whether or not it's evidence of the yeti's existence. Chances are the author used it to provide evidence of the myth, not evidence of the creature's physical existence. It's something I saw in a book when I was a child. I estimate it was around 1991-1993, when I was 5-7 years old. Do I know what the book was called or what it was even about? Not really. I'm not sure if it was a book about bigfoot and yetis; miscellaneous mystery animals and bigfoot; ufos, aliens, dinosaurs and yetis. I have no idea. I wish I could narrow it down, but I can't.

There isn't much to go off beyond my fading memory of the image. It's something that I think about once in a while. For some reason I found the painting pretty scary and it burned its way into my brain. The look on the monks' faces really creeped me out as a kid.

I guess the way I described the image is compelling enough to get quite a few other curiosity seekers out there looking. The images we've come across on our wild goose chase have all been really cool, and I'm hoping we eventually find what I'm looking for. If you know what it is and want to help, that's cool. I'm not claiming to know anything about it. For all I know it doesn't even exist. The more I think about it, the more made-up it seems. Then again, there is a ton of artwork like this out there.

It's heartening that others out there claim to remember this image. I'm honestly surprised I can't find more artwork from this region that contains yetis. You'd think it's more common.

Anyway, thanks if you can help. Thanks if you can't.

ok you saw a book back in 1991-1993 when you was 5-7 years old, so that would mean it was 21-23 years ago, and now you are 26-28??
What I am trying to get is.... something that long ago, can/could mess up that particular memory, unless you have holded that memory for dear life, like if you saw that picture just yesterday.
But since the OP had said that you remembers (recall/recollect) it may not be 100% accurate. Obviously bits about your memory have to be accurate, but the blanks have to be filled.
So therefore it might not been an yeti at all, and the book (or was it tapestry) you saw may not be about yetis.

Also I like to mention, the far east.. including tibet, strongly believe in demons, now, and in mythology, so the picture you may have saw, may not been a yeti, but perhaps a demon

Posted Image

#20    Karate Louie

Karate Louie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostOhelemapit, on 13 February 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

I have used nearly every search term imaginable. I have spent a few hours scouring the Net without any luck as yet. The same old images come up and some of the ancient paintings/drawings look pretty cool but not what you are looking for...

Thanks very much for trying!

No but there is an alien version where an alien peeks through a family home during Christmas, infact it was on youtube. Not sure if he is confused about that

#21    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostKarate Louie, on 13 February 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

Thanks very much for trying!

No problem, your welcome, I will keep looking.

Posted Image

#22    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,454 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostOhelemapit, on 13 February 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

No problem, your welcome, I will keep looking.

are you staying "i will keep looking" just to make the OP happy??

Posted Image

#23    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostSkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 13 February 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

are you staying "i will keep looking" just to make the OP happy??

No.. I wouldn't say anything to keep anyone happy. Why would I do that?

I am quite happy to help where I can.

Posted Image

#24    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Why does this remind me of the Thunderbird photo? :unsure2:

Good luck with the hunt lads. :tu:

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#25    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 13 February 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Why does this remind me of the Thunderbird photo? :unsure2:

Good luck with the hunt lads. :tu:

I was thinking that while looking yesterday and I still look for the Thunderbird photo now and again.. I actually convinced myself I have seen that one before. :yes:

Posted Image

#26    urban_yeti

urban_yeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

This seems promising:

During the Daily Mail Abominable Snowman Expedition of 1954, the largest search of its kind, the mountaineering leader John Angelo Jackson , made the first trek from Everest to Kangchenjunga and in the process photographed symbolic paintings of the yeti at Thyangboche Gompa (see References section). Jackson tracked and also photographed many footprints in the snow, many of which were identifiable; however, there were many large footprints which could not be identified. The flattened footprint-like indentations were attributed to erosion and subsequent widening of the original footprint by wind and particle action.

I can't find these photos, however.

#27    Karate Louie

Karate Louie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Help us. Help us please. I'm dying inside my body.

#28    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

View PostKarate Louie, on 19 February 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Help us. Help us please. I'm dying inside my body.

It really isn't there mate. I have spent hours looking for it, I must have seen every damn painting - drawing - photo there is using every different search term possible.

Your friend must have remembered the details wrong?

Posted Image

#29    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,454 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

a wild goose chase finding a needle in mount everest

Posted Image

#30    Karate Louie

Karate Louie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostOhelemapit, on 19 February 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

Your friend must have remembered the details wrong?

NO KEEP LOOKING GODDAMNIT

I-- I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm just so, so tired. Can't sleep until I find the yeti. The yeti is out there. Am I the yeti?

Also tagged with sasquatch, yeren, hihi, yeti, bigfoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users