Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

can the USA be saved

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

I was going to make this a poll but can't.

So let's just talk about ways to save the country instead.

I think if the country fails so will the world.  We are China's and Europe's biggest customer.  If we fail they fail if they fail so does the world.

According to the republicans if we degrees our spending increase by one percent we would be in the black in five years.

According to the democrats the federal government cannot run out of money.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,465 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postdanielost, on 13 February 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

I think if the country fails so will the world.  We are China's and Europe's biggest customer.  If we fail they fail if they fail so does the world.

According to the republicans if we degrees our spending increase by one percent we would be in the black in five years.

Balanced Budget amendment and term limits.  Both require amending the constitution but so be it.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,713 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

The entire planet just needs a meteor strike as soon as possible.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,264 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

from whom?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,432 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005
    Have a SUPER SPARKLEY DAY

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Start over :D    We just need a mulligan!!!

Edited by bacca, 13 February 2014 - 05:52 PM.

Commit random acts of kindness

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

#6    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,924 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 13 February 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

The entire planet just needs a meteor strike as soon as possible.

Hell Yes....Or a plague.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,264 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

View Postdanielost, on 13 February 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Well Daniel, this might strike you as a shock, but Europe's biggest customer is Europe:

Posted Image

over 73% of what is produced in the EU is consumed in the EU, of the 27% that is not the USA takes less than 1/3. So if The USA would collapse tomorrow economically there would be no real problem in Europe...maybe one for the Chinese, but certainly not in Europe. Since the banking collapse they have been working very hard to cut all dependencies from the US...  except Britain, that is, they still export over 1/3 of all their goods to the US...but if the EU can feed Spain, Greece and Portugal they can feed Britain too.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,007 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

If we get impatient enough there is always the old tried and true method - war.

ETA:  If China fails then the EU loses nearly 50% of its export income by your chart.

Edited by and then, 13 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Naked Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

• Mercy is a more complete observance

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

You'll be screwed as long as you have selective economical freedom and the worshipping attitute towards your government.

Can you imagine? Can you choose?
One thing there's more room for, is humility. Can you answer the question whether we're the epitome of existence, or extensions of it? Whatever existence, god, holiness, the god particle, life, or whatever it is.

#10    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,264 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

View Postand then, on 13 February 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

If we get impatient enough there is always the old tried and true method - war.

ETA:  If China fails then the EU loses nearly 50% of its export income by your chart.

The point of that chart is that, to the contrary of most other economic blocks, consuming over 70% of their own goods, the EU would not fail even if the whole world quit importing, so if China fails...well there goes the pork barrel.

about me

#11    scorpiosonic

scorpiosonic

Still Skeptical

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

The US is well on its way to failing. The 'too big to fail' mentality is extremely misguided.

For the most part, I blame our Govt  for their over regulation of business(es) and esp. GWB for giving away our share of the manufacturing sector to China, etc. Also, starting w/ Regan, our Govt has allowed the mass influx of cheap labor into the US @ the Am. workers expense. (And neglecting to enforce existing Immigration Laws...a "Nation of laws" that doesn't enforce (all) its laws, absurd, IMO.) :cry:

The US Govt, and businesses wanted a global economy, and now we have it. It's said that a Mexican worker makes $3.00 (US) per day, (in Mex) and a Chinese worker makes $1.00 (US) per day, (in China). Not good by any country's standard...but it's impossible to live on these wages here in the US without receiving entitlements, etc.

The US' economic downturn has had global effects, but China, Europe, etc. will survive America's downfall, and eventually prosper as they will have one less major competitor in the marketplace.

Now our Govt. is telling its citizens to go out and 'pursue your passion'. (At the working taxpayers expense.) :rolleyes:

I'll never forget my Dad telling me, "GET A JOB and work hard, so you can have the money to pursue your dreams/passions...and IF you are very lucky, you can find a job that pays you to pursue your passions."

#12    TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

We have to find the sweet spot between 'The American dream' and 'Corporate America'. If we do not figure out a way to allow small business to flourish whilst also allowing a self sustaining equation of effort=reward. Corporations will continue to play Pac-Man until it is impossible for anything else to eat the efficiency costs of overregulation and we will literally be corporate slaves.

If small businesses fail, competition fails. Oh but the corporations will compete! Uh-huh just like there competing in the auto/computer/console area right?

Whom ever controls the money, controls the laws, whom ever controls the circulation of money controls the people.

There will be huge civil rights movements in the coming years, but either way the two laws above still imply. Give a inch and take a mile, but if it comes to this it will be to late.

#13    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,264 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

No matter what recipe is circulated: unless there is a little more popular participation in the political process and a little more willingness of the people to inform themselves about the issues beyond the usual CNBC and Fox yaddah (that really don't deserve the attribute news, but should be called "what they want to hear" outlets and generally are served up by people as ignorant as their audience) there is no solution.

Sitting in front of the idiot making box and besides burping after every can of beer only to open the mouth to eat or blame Washington leads us nowhere, except down the same path we are already on.

about me

#14    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,295 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Thread cleaned

Keep it civil please.

#15    Perceptivum

Perceptivum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

• Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

View Postaztek, on 13 February 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

as usual "people are at fault" liberal bull crap. i bet you think you are not like those people, lol, of course, if everyone was like you we'd never had any problems, lmao.

news flash for you, people did not cause this mess, politicians did, and don'tr bring up "you voted for them" crap.

The last time I checked, politicians were people. Therefore, people are at fault for causing this "mess". Why not bring up "you voted for them"?  A person doesn't just wake up one morning and decide they are going to be a politician, travel to D.C., walk into the Capital Building, sit down, and become a Senator or Representative.  People in this country must vote them in.  If you do not like what they are doing, don't vote for them and hope others feel the same way.  Or, what's beautiful about this country, you can decide to run for political office opposing them.  Bottom-line, a lot of people voted these politicians into office and if we want something to change the 'we" need to express that by choosing different candidates and getting active in our government.

"Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth". - Ghandi

"A conspiracy is a truth awaiting revelation." - Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users