Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The Welcoming Idea

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#1    jeem

jeem

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

• Anti Darwin Theory-
    "Survival of the Most Idiot"

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

I have seen a lots of thread regarding alien invasion.People often fancies that alien will come and destroy everything.It is the influence of those sci-fi movie who always portrayed alien a villein.But what if they are not villein.They are friendly.Their only intention is to help mankind. Their intention can be sharing technological knowledge with us.Creating a new style of our government.Where every man will enjoy the benefit of their technology.No special privilege for anyone.Then comes the question if such alien comes we need to receive them with a warm welcome.So how the governments of the Earth will welcome them.I would give them a welcome as warm as possible

#2    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

View Postjeem, on 14 February 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

I have seen a lots of thread regarding alien invasion.People often fancies that alien will come and destroy everything.It is the influence of those sci-fi movie who always portrayed alien a villein.But what if they are not villein.They are friendly.Their only intention is to help mankind. Their intention can be sharing technological knowledge with us.Creating a new style of our government.Where every man will enjoy the benefit of their technology.No special privilege for anyone.Then comes the question if such alien comes we need to receive them with a warm welcome.So how the governments of the Earth will welcome them.I would give them a welcome as warm as possible

Stephen Hawking once said if there are extraterrestrials, which almost a mathematical certainty, we should avoid them at all costs!

This is because if they were able to find us, they are technologically superior and are probably trying to use the Earth for its resources.

I'd like to think if any aliens outwardly revealed themselves to us that they'd be friendly, but I highly, highly, highly doubt they would be.

http://www.space.com...en-hawking.html

Edited by Drayno, 14 February 2014 - 08:06 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,504 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Aye... Mr Hawking is a bundle of laughs.

I'm with you, Jeem!  Get the Welcome Mat out and put the beer on ice.

#4    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,176 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

View Postjeem, on 14 February 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

.I would give them a welcome as warm as possible

And they would eat you as warm as possible.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#5    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,587 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

if you visited another planet would you go fully armed with high tech weapons as no doubt any Alien would do if they visited us,because if an Alien did come here they would be prepared for trouble,and the first thing we would do is surround them with weapons..What would an Alien think of that.Greetings I'm from another planet...(in Alien language)....Boom.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#6    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostEldorado, on 14 February 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Aye... Mr Hawking is a bundle of laughs.

I'm with you, Jeem!  Get the Welcome Mat out and put the beer on ice.

Maybe I've watched Independence Day far too many times. :lol:

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#7    fishinbilly

fishinbilly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• Im just Me...

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Well I think They Would Take One Look at Us    Say   "**** THAT"  and Go home immediately LOL

#8    jeem

jeem

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

• Anti Darwin Theory-

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostDrayno, on 14 February 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

Stephen Hawking once said if there are extraterrestrials, which almost a mathematical certainty, we should avoid them at all costs!

This is because if they were able to find us, they are technologically superior and are probably trying to use the Earth for its resources.

I'd like to think if any aliens outwardly revealed themselves to us that they'd be friendly, but I highly, highly, highly doubt they would be.

Yes I know that.He said it will be like when Columbus first arrived in America.I watched the whole lecture in discovery.

Edited by jeem, 14 February 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#9    jeem

jeem

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

• Anti Darwin Theory-

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

View Posttoast, on 14 February 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

And they would eat you as warm as possible.
Sci-Fi movie influence.I guess you are a strong believer of reptilian conspiracy

Edited by jeem, 14 February 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#10    jeem

jeem

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

• Anti Darwin Theory-

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 14 February 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

if you visited another planet would you go fully armed with high tech weapons as no doubt any Alien would do if they visited us,because if an Alien did come here they would be prepared for trouble,and the first thing we would do is surround them with weapons..What would an Alien think of that.Greetings I'm from another planet...(in Alien language)....Boom.
They won't do this if we do not surround them with weapon.We need to put a welcome mat arrange a feast may be a red carpet.
If you watched "Mars Attack" I highly recommend we do not bring any pigeon

Edited by jeem, 14 February 2014 - 03:18 PM.

#11    jeem

jeem

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

• Anti Darwin Theory-

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostDrayno, on 14 February 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Maybe I've watched Independence Day far too many times. :lol:
May be you should watch star wars or play mass effects where human and alien cooperation is shown.
Men in Black will do also :alien:

Edited by jeem, 14 February 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#12    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

I don't think we are capable of being 'welcoming'. We can't even treat each other right, let alone our otherworldly neighbours.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#13    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostDrayno, on 14 February 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

without reading or knowing this fact, I have always thought the same. It is very logical. In a universe full of wars and tremors where galaxies are swallowing other small galaxies, or stars are devouring smaller stars, black holes eating smaller black holes etc, likely there are no peaceful aliens as we might like to believe.

Edited by qxcontinuum, 14 February 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#14    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

It could be that we've never had open contact with aliens because they see us an infantile, and recognize that we'd (most likey) greet them with hostility.

We are so young in the cosmic scope that anyone that could travel here would have nothing to gain from contact with us.  But they could use our planet's resources, as been stated already.

Another possiblity is that there has already been contact with ETs, and our world governments haven't shared that with the populace because they have no faith in our ability to assimilate it.

#15    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,176 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

View Postjeem, on 14 February 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

Sci-Fi movie influence.I guess you are a strong believer of reptilian conspiracy

No. And I´m not a believer of any conspiracy.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users