Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Another Human Hybrid?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,957 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

From the article:

Last year, we reported on the results of genetic research which revealed that the genome of one of our ancient ancestors, the Denisovans, contains a segment of DNA that seems to have come from another species that is currently unknown to science. Several recent studies have also revealed that modern humans are a product of hybridization, with remnants of Neanderthal and Denisovan genomes in our DNA. This research leads us to realize that our understanding of the origins of modern humans is much murkier than we ever thought possible. This also begs the question, if we are hybrids already, could there be extant human hybrids currently on earth besides us?

Read the rest here

Edited by Still Waters, 15 February 2014 - 01:24 PM.
Reduced amount of copied text & copyrighted image

#2    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

What a dangerous combination, junk science, Melba Ketchum, religion, the bible, and bigfoot? I'm surprised the whole stinking concoction didn't explode, and destroy the earth. I think this may be the biggest pile of BS that has ever been created. Please be careful where you step.

I did a Google search of the pipe bomb, and could not find any news reports of the incident. Somehow I think that would have made big news.

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,957 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

View Postevancj, on 14 February 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

I did a Google search of the pipe bomb, and could not find any news reports of the incident. Somehow I think that would have made big news.

That's what I was thinking as well (pipe bomb).

As far as the junk science comment, blind independent tests doesn't sound like 'junk science'.

#4    Xynoplas

Xynoplas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Now that geneticists are examining the DNA in Neanderthals and Denisovans, they are finding a lot of information that is not represented by the few fossils that we have found. Don't be jumping straight into Bigfoot. There's nothing in science that supports it at this point.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -The Buddha

http://bugsinspace.wordpress.com/

#5    simplybill

simplybill

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

"In the most extensive study ever carried out on the subject, a total of 111 samples were analysed..."

Where did these "samples" originate? How were the samples collected and transported? I would think the researchers would first establish a foundation of credibility if they expected their results to be taken seriously.
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be really cool if an unknown primate were found alive in the PNW, but this article has me feeling more skeptical than I was before.

Edited by simplybill, 14 February 2014 - 11:04 PM.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#6    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

As far as the junk science comment, blind independent tests doesn't sound like 'junk science'.

Yes, but consider that the "Blind scientist" doing the testing was Melba and God only knows whomever else it was they had do it. According to the article they have mapped three complete Genomes. If that's the case then they can make a comparison to DNA data banks RFN (right freaking now) and know where it falls specifically on the tree of life.

I think it's funny, we have these guys who don't have a body or a Bigfoot or anything like that but they have three complete Bigfoot Genomes and by contrast we have Rick Dyer who has a body in a trailer and no testing available for study.

#7    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:44 AM

Before reading the OP article, I had been skinned, shot twice and set on fire.

I felt better before reading the OP article.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#8    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:59 AM

Hey, I've been shot and blown up.

Read the article.

:w00t:

#9    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

• Convincing certain idiots that we have a right to defend ourselves is like trying to smell the number 9.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:14 AM

Sasquatch vs. Wendigo....the OP had me at that.

I also recognize Puck and ...Aurora?  Who is the third person?

Edited by Hida Akechi, 15 February 2014 - 06:15 AM.

Viking and Pagan at heart.  Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

#10    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

Ms. K sure is full of herself to think anyone would be so threatened by her "work" (*pauses to vomit*)  as to pipe bomb her speaking venue. This woman has no shame. None.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 15 February 2014 - 06:57 AM.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#11    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostHida Akechi, on 15 February 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

Sasquatch vs. Wendigo....the OP had me at that.

I also recognize Puck and ...Aurora?  Who is the third person?

Her rabbit hole sure is getting full...

#12    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 15 February 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

Ms. K sure is full of herself to think anyone would be so threatened by her "work" (*pauses to vomit*)  as to pipe bomb her speaking venue. This woman has no shame. None.

I think it was even who mentioned this before, but a bombing at a speaking venue would have gotten some serious press coverage if for no other reason because of the subject matter. Bigfoot, Bigfoot speaker's venue bombed tonight. People will tune in just to hear and see what happened. Next will be that Bigfoot is in league with Al-Quida.

#13    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 15 February 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

I think it was even who mentioned this before, but a bombing at a speaking venue would have gotten some serious press coverage if for no other reason because of the subject matter. Bigfoot, Bigfoot speaker's venue bombed tonight. People will tune in just to hear and see what happened. Next will be that Bigfoot is in league with Al-Quida.

Yeah, I was commenting from the opinion that (without some proof) she and her clique probably made the story up themselves.
Hubris, to think we'd believe her "study"  is that threatening to anyone...

Edited by QuiteContrary, 15 February 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#14    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 15 February 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Yeah, I was commenting from the opinion that she and her clique made the story up themselves.

Intentionally lied? Surely you jest. I'm sure these people are highly regarded and pillars of their respective communities.

They might also be a little animal crackers.

#15    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

They're pillars of something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users