Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Frozen in time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,753 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image

Frozen in time

I am not a collector of memorabilia, yet I do have a large envelope that I will on occasion drop notes and pictures.  I will once in awhile, perhaps every three or four years dip into the container and give everything a look over.  The experience is always bitter sweet seeing things from my recent and distant past.  Little bits of my life that I have chosen to cling to, some of them very silly really, yet important to me, no doubt boring for others if they actually took a look, sort of like looking at old family photos from another family.  No connection.  Well these simple everyday items have a deep connection with me.  Nostalgia always makes me bleed a little in side, both pleasurable and painful, a strange mix.  Little notes received are also commonplace moments frozen in time.  Just looking at them brings up forgotten memories with an emotional punch.  No wonder I only look at them once in a long while.  

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,637 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Nice Mark, I know what you mean about mixed feelings. I've got keepsakes that bring a lump to my throat yet I wouldn't part with them for the world.

Posted Image

#3    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,753 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Yes, some things are priceless my friend ;-).

Peace
mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users