Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Have you read your own posts since you joined

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,085 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

Question for those who have been here for years,  have you read threads when you joined years ago and compare to where you are now and agree with your views or perhaps feel a bit wiser or decensored by recent new threads?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#2    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

I originally joined in 2011, so being here for a short time, I remember a lot of what I've posted and I totally have.  Hell when I rejoined last year, I was pretty much a full on believer in the Paranormal, I used to want to go on ghost hunts and everything.  Loved ghost hunters, The Haunted and all those shows.  But over the course of the year, thanks to quite a number of podcasts, I'm now a full blown Skeptic.

Edited by krypter3, 17 February 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,170 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Given the dribbling lunacy I routinely post, no. It'd be too saddening.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#4    Shego

Shego

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• "And I'm alive
    I'm God's favorite
    And I'm an angel
    The purest you've ever met"
    - Jyrki 69 (bit me 10/6/09)

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

I remember I use to type in a large font. Thank god I don't do that now. I just had problems with reading things off the screen because I am near blind.

Posted Image

I want a guy with a rich boy standards
Handsome, has it, want it , have it

#5    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 17 February 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Given the dribbling lunacy I routinely post, no. It'd be too saddening.

lol.  

I was thinking this question the other day.  I believed UFOs and ETs were among us and this was my view of reality.  I thank all the people who opened my eyes to the other reality,  Charlz and Seeder to name a couple.  

I have read my past posts and by the look of some of them, yes im crazy :yes:

" Where does yesterday go to? Where does tomorrow come from? Is not the universe the proginetor of space and time? "
                                                                        **Time-machine Universe**
                                                            http://www.unexplain...howtopic=286269

#6    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Sometimes I read old posts because I'm linking to them. I don't really think any differently though because most of what I've posted are just experiences. So even with my very first thread I started I still think the same because it was an experience. So I haven't really changed much in what I believe because I always took a 'testing it' way of thinking and I'm still testing things now. As I've said before.. I'm kinda like a scientist. The main thing I notice when reading old posts though is my writing style and how its changed over time.

And I think the main thing I've become sceptical about over time is other people(and their motives).

Edited by Kazahel, 17 February 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

My opinions haven't really changed, although I have noticed that I'm a little less tolerant of stupid stuff. Case in point the guy who posted the owl on top of the dead rabbit in the snow and then tried to claim it was a picture of a demon........not an owl on top of a dead rabbit.

If I'd have been an admin I might well have simply reached down, grabbed the red lever and catapulted his behind off into never-never land, and yes I do know that the currant admins don't do that......but wish they would at times.

#8    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,085 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

the reason I have asked you all is because I have seen old threads getting necroposted and reading my posts show how poor my grammar has gotten over the years

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#9    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

I started out a wide eyed curious young adult (as user mattk4today) in 2007, when I was totally washed over by the whole ghosts/NDE/shadow people internet genre. Eventually, due to others here, I became the stereotypical skeptic, always quick to rationalize people's views and anecdotes on here, feeling as if I was being intelligent and grounded. I was like this for awhile, until a few years ago when the way I am changed after a dream filled night and day. Then I got interested in spirituality and dreams area. And now I don't know why I come here anymore. I just always have.

The era I'm most embarrassed about is the 'skeptic' one, because if I'm to be honest, that whole run was more about me attempting to look intelligent or right, in front of others more so than trying to find any answers or do any searching for myself into topics. I was playing a role. That's why I tend to give the more militant skeptics here a hard time now. I can't help but wonder if they're playing that same role, but would never say it.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#10    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,996 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

yes  :blush:

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#11    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 17 February 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

the reason I have asked you all is because I have seen old threads getting necroposted and reading my posts show how poor my grammar has gotten over the years

Believe it or not but I feel mine has improved. lol. And I'm still pretty shocking at it.

I hope you didn't take when I ended my post as being sceptical/skeptical of people and their motives as having to do with this thread. I mean that just in general. So when I read my old posts I was more willing to share but now not so much. I am extremely untrusting now and for good reasons that I'm sure people would know(and that's the sad part).

I especially stay out of the fun and games section and I'm surprised I bothered posting in there at all now. I used to enjoy writing Haiku and posting music(a song thread in that section) but I felt it became a place for trolls to basically turn something I was trying to express that was nice and light hearted into nasty replies between the lines from certain people. So I could never report those posts because they were considered 'poems' and 'art' and just a 'game'. Threads like never ending story for example were just a way for trolls and nasty people to attack others between the lines. Same with the live chat area and so now I would never go into either of those sections again. I got drawn into the bs for a little trying to defend myself but in the end I didn't want to become like them so I left and will never go back. So I do regret even bothering.

I do miss writing haiku though(not unholy haiku but normal haiku)but I know even now if I did, someone would just post a nasty haiku under it and I'd find that upsetting.

So yeah I feel a little wiser now in that regard. I know this might not of quite been what you were after in this thread but anyway.

Edited by Kazahel, 17 February 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#12    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,412 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

View Post_Only, on 17 February 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

I started out a wide eyed curious young adult (as user mattk4today) in 2007, when I was totally washed over by the whole ghosts/NDE/shadow people internet genre. Eventually, due to others here, I became the stereotypical skeptic, always quick to rationalize people's views and anecdotes on here, feeling as if I was being intelligent and grounded. I was like this for awhile, until a few years ago when the way I am changed after a dream filled night and day. Then I got interested in spirituality and dreams area. And now I don't know why I come here anymore. I just always have.

The era I'm most embarrassed about is the 'skeptic' one, because if I'm to be honest, that whole run was more about me attempting to look intelligent or right, in front of others more so than trying to find any answers or do any searching for myself into topics. I was playing a role. That's why I tend to give the more militant skeptics here a hard time now. I can't help but wonder if they're playing that same role, but would never say it.

Are you always so hones ;-)????

Peace
Mark

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

I think I have changed over the last few years. I think my posts here reflect that, but not by terribly too much

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#14    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,397 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

I have read only very few of my much older posts, and some of them I feel a bit embarrassed about because of the naivety I see in them. I've learnt a lot in the time I've been here on UM, which has definitely hardened opinions I held regarding various things - as well as adjusting my approach to new topics (or old) to being from a more sceptical position.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#15    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 17 February 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

Question for those who have been here for years,  have you read threads when you joined years ago and compare to where you are now... snip...?

Hell no. I used to care greatly about discussing and debating mysteries in great depth. Then I discovered that women really loved my erotic stories. The rest is history (and oh, what a history it is :wub: B) ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users