Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Scottish Sewer Blocked by Large Pooh

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,547 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

A large Winnie the Pooh teddy, a bike, a fax machine, jeans and a snake were among a host of bizarre items found in Scotland's sewers last year.

Scottish Water said it dealt with more than 40,000 blockages in the drains and sewer network.

Most were caused by people putting things such as cooking oil, nappies and baby wipes down sinks and toilets.

It is running an awareness campaign to highlight the issue, which it said creates costs of more than £7m a year.

A series of television and radio adverts will urge householders to dispose of kitchen and bathroom waste responsibly.

source

To all our Scottish cousins, a plea...

Please dispose of your Pooh's responsibly. :mellow:

Edited by Leonardo, 17 February 2014 - 01:40 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#2    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,728 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

:lol:

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,592 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 17 February 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

:lol:
careful, they found a dead cow and a live snake in the Scotish Sewers

#4    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

How in the world do you get a large stuffed animal down your toilet?  I will never understand people who flush the craziest things.  People have to be told everything.  Mattresses will be coming with labels, "do not chop into pieces and flush down your toilet".  Good grief.

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,668 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

View Postcoldethyl, on 22 February 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

How in the world do you get a large stuffed animal down your toilet?  I will never understand people who flush the craziest things.  People have to be told everything.  Mattresses will be coming with labels, "do not chop into pieces and flush down your toilet".  Good grief.

'People' have been stealing the drain covers. They're even stealing brass 'In Memoriam' plaques from park benches these days.  I'd blame immigrants but I'd be hanged, drawn and quartered by the PC Brigade.

#6    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Really 40,000 blockages a year? :unsure2:  Holy cow, thats  1 blockage on average every 15 minutes of a 24 hour day every single day.  Think of the poor council workers, they must suffer exhaustion manning these sewers day in night out working their shifts like determined coalminers.  No doubt the fire brigade is on standby to relieve our unsung scottish heroes.

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,668 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

View Posttaniwha, on 23 February 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Really 40,000 blockages a year? :unsure2:  Holy cow, thats  1 blockage on average every 15 minutes of a 24 hour day every single day.  Think of the poor council workers, they must suffer exhaustion manning these sewers day in night out working their shifts like determined coalminers.  No doubt the fire brigade is on standby to relieve our unsung scottish heroes.

Either that or those council workers are full of ****!  (It takes six men to mow an old persons tiny lawn so am guessing it took twelve men to remove that Pooh bear)

#8    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,065 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostEldorado, on 23 February 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Either that or those council workers are full of ****!  (It takes six men to mow an old persons tiny lawn so am guessing it took twelve men to remove that Pooh bear)

I've just been searching youtube for Billy Connolly's 'The Jobbie Weetcha'....can't find the damned thing anywhere!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#9    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,668 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

View Postealdwita, on 23 February 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

I've just been searching youtube for Billy Connolly's 'The Jobbie Weetcha'....can't find the damned thing anywhere!

#10    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

No need for humor here, the title says it all.

#11    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostSundew, on 24 February 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

No need for humor here, the title says it all.

Agreed!

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users