Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

[Merged] Ghost caught on film?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostCalibeliever, on 20 February 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

I would imagine that is an area, during business hours, that has someone standing there a lot and under a brighter light.

Yes, that can indeed cause a partial "burn-in" on a loop tape.

EDIT: I work with computers, and I know that a hard-drive can suffer from prior corruption if that newly recorded area is not "cleaned" 3 or even 7 times prior.

A "residual effect" due to the way magnetic coatings tend to slightly hold on to prior recordings.

Some CCTV recording devices use loop tapes(VCR type tapes, but looped) for recording, whereas others use a hard drive, which is often re-recorded(depending on capacity)

There is no technical advantage to looping(in fact rather it's a hinderance), just cost savings.

Either way, with tapes or hard drives, true "scrubbing" takes time, and the more expensive systems use a dual recording media(one is "scrubbed" while the other one already "scrubbed" automatically takes over the recording.

I don't know, but I somewhat doubt that the pub in question had the more expensive system.

Edited by pallidin, 20 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#32    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

The way that the video cuts out makes me suspect somethings up.

I agree that the light in the background on what looks like a wall next to a door could be headlights.

#33    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, the "cut" could be for any number of reasons, but the lights and moving shadows could most certainly be explained by an outside moving light source.

#34    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Can just tell its not genuine. Stinks of cgi or some kind of editing. For me it is very easy to tell a fake with just one viewing.

#35    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

View Postcaptain pish, on 20 February 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

Can just tell its not genuine. Stinks of cgi or some kind of editing. For me it is very easy to tell a fake with just one viewing.
It's probably not fake but it's likely not a ghost either. Many good explanations for these anomolies have been pointed out already in this thread.

#36    Vox

Vox

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

• Meanwhile, somewhere in reality...

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

I go for the looped or superimposition analysis. I swear that you can make out the barman on the right hand side and other customers.

#37    mesuma

mesuma

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

That's police car lights and just around the time the figure appears it seems there are glass panel reflections around it.  Come to think of it, why would a ghost be reflective?

Edited by mesuma, 21 February 2014 - 12:15 AM.

#38    Subsonicjourno

Subsonicjourno

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

• https://www.facebook.com/Unconqueredseries

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

I don't know what to make of it tbh but i'm more inclined to say its probably headlights. Looks creepy though. Is it just me or has this site gone a bit stale lately? Every-time something interesting pops up its dismissed instantly as cgi or fake. Granted most things are probably those things but wheres the fun in not entertaining the possibility that it could be real? Even on things where no-one has a definitive answer its branded as fake or cgi.

#39    BlackChrome

BlackChrome

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

The pub isn't on a highway, just a street, but like everyone else says its probably headlights. Those lights also seem to reflect and ghosts never show up in mirrors or reflections of any sort

#40    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,056 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

Wow, that was just ... fun!

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#41    Mark56

Mark56

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

• "The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing."

-Socrates

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

I love British Pubs. They're so civilized.  In America we just have Bars, Honky-Tonks, and  Cantinas.

Edited by Mark56, 23 February 2014 - 06:46 AM.

#42    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostCalibeliever, on 20 February 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

It's probably not fake but it's likely not a ghost either. Many good explanations for these anomolies have been pointed out already in this thread.
No need for the explainations. Its video editng, CGI whatever you want to call it. Well done though i give them that but still, its not a great standard and is glaringly obvious. The flashing light is 100% real and on the original footage but everything else is added.

#43    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

View Postcaptain pish, on 23 February 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

No need for the explainations. Its video editng, CGI whatever you want to call it. Well done though i give them that but still, its not a great standard and is glaringly obvious. The flashing light is 100% real and on the original footage but everything else is added.
I disagree. I don't see the need for foul play or "fakery" when, as others have pointed out, there are natural explanations for why a cctv camera could produce these results. Why leap straight to the assumption that someone faked it? It's clearly not a ghost but that doesn't mean the post isn't legitimate.

#44    Officer JD

Officer JD

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

• Following data is: CLASSIFIED Access by unauthorized personnel is stricty prohibited. Perpatrators will be tracked, located, and detained.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 18 February 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

I have a few theories on this case.

A) Ambulance/Police lights, This can causes shadows and random movement a long the wall.

B). Constant over taping the tape, The blinking and imagines are over lapping video footage, There been a few cases where the timer has had two numbers in it. Look at frame 15 and frame 27.

This is good.

Anyways aformentioned post- Your friend should've checked for any way to debunk the ghost tape, quote above this explains it all.

Posted Image

#45    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

So this skeptical paranormal team (yes there are people out there who are skeptics and go paranormal hunting) made a mimic version of the pub.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users