Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

[Merged] Ghost caught on film?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 26 February 2014 - 03:29 AM, said:

So this skeptical paranormal team (yes there are people out there who are skeptics and go paranormal hunting) made a mimic version of the pub.

Cool!  I liked this one better than the original. lol

#47    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostSubsonicjourno, on 17 February 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

http://www.mancheste...-camera-6717451 friend of mine posted this news story on facebook. Looked pretty freaky.

The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.
Manager Tony Dooley spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had mysteriously stopped recording at 6.18am.
The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.

Digital video cameras tend to produce lots of artifacts, especially in low light conditions.   They are functions of the coding and scanning algorithms used by the DSP .  What we see here appears to be typical coding errors for low light DV recordings.   Of course if it attracts patrons to the pub, why not call it a ghost?

Edited by sinewave, 26 February 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#48    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,098 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

WITH fans awaiting the third instalment of the Ghostbusters movie franchise — The Bolton News reporters Liam Thorp and Jeremy Culley made their case for starring roles as they set out on a ghost hunting mission at Bolton’s haunted pub
WHEN CCTV footage emerged of what appeared to be a ghostly presence at Bolton’s oldest pub — Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Churchgate — myself and Jeremy decided to build up the “spirit” to spend a night searching for the pub’s paranormal patron.
As we set off on our mission, I think it is safe to say we were both sceptical.

To watch the video or read rest of the article: http://www.thisislan...t_haunted__pub/

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#49    Aussie Witchdoktor

Aussie Witchdoktor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• Life would be so boring if everything could be explained

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

Cool video regardless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users