Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Man tries to feed 'himself' to Tigers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,300 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yes just when you think you have heard it all..

Depressed factory worker is mauled by Chinese zoo's white tiger after offering HIMSELF up as food in front of horrified onlookers

Chengdu Zoo visitors photographed a man climb inside the tiger pen
    Yang Jinhai, 27, behaved erratically and danced around the animals
    One of them retreated, but another dragged him around the enclosure
    He escaped unharmed after being restrained by zoo officials

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2tajBIQxf

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Queen E L S A

• 8,507 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Idiot.

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,497 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

He should consider feeding himself to the homeless.

#4    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,850 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 February 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

Depressed factory worker is mauled by Chinese zoo's white tiger after offering HIMSELF up as food in front of horrified onlookers
http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2tajBIQxf
I was just looking at this before you posted it. I'm not so sure the Daily Mail have got this right. They've sourced another site for this news story, and in the other site they said the man was carrying white rice and wanted to feed the tiger. He could have meant to feed the tiger with the rice, not offer himself as food.

When asked why he entered the enclosure, the man said that he 'simply wanted to feed the tigers'. The backpack he had brought into the enclosure was found to be filled with rice.

http://shanghaiist.c...chengdu-zoo.php

If you read both articles there's quite a difference all round between the two. The Daily Mail are focusing too much on him being depressed in their version.

Posted Image

#5    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Seems like a hoax to me

Posted Image

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,300 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 17 February 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I was just looking at this before you posted it. I'm not so sure the Daily Mail have got this right. They've sourced another site for this news story, and in the other site they said the man was carrying white rice and wanted to feed the tiger. He could have meant to feed the tiger with the rice, not offer himself as food.

http://shanghaiist.c...chengdu-zoo.php

If you read both articles there's quite a difference all round between the two. The Daily Mail are focusing too much on him being depressed in their version.

Ah well spotted, well I guess its not beyond the DM to put their sensational twist on it. I guess if they said a man tried to feed tigers and got mauled - that wouldn't be such a strong headline!  Oh well...

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,679 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

According to one witness the Tiger roared "Tastes like Chicken" before being driven back to it's den by Zoo keepers.

Posted Image
Leviticus 14 2 Peter 1:16
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <--Science of belief

#8    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Who feeds a tiger rice?  The tiger is going to look at you like you are an idiot.  They don't have roaming wild rice that tigers snack on in their natural habitat.  This guy doesn't need a doctor, he needs Wikipedia.

#9    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,020 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 February 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

Ah well spotted, well I guess its not beyond the DM to put their sensational twist on it. I guess if they said a man tried to feed tigers and got mauled - that wouldn't be such a strong headline!  Oh well...
but it by no means changes the fact that he is an idiot

#10    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,659 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

View Postcoldethyl, on 22 February 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

Who feeds a tiger rice?  The tiger is going to look at you like you are an idiot.  They don't have roaming wild rice that tigers snack on in their natural habitat.  This guy doesn't need a doctor, he needs Wikipedia.

What he needed was some chicken to go with the rice, done in a nice sauce.  Tigers like chicken madras, for instance.  They would have lapped it up and been his pals for life.

#11    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 22 February 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

I'm surprised the tiger didn't try to claw his own throat for living on a rice diet. I don't think the man was depressed, he's just sadistic. Come on. A vegetarian tiger? Blasphemy!

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#12    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Father: ''Did I ever tell you of the story of an Chinese man trying to feed himself to the tigers"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users